Originally posted by dan-o
Ordered mine today and can not wait to get it built and droul over it until snow thaws. Anyone have any suggestions on motor the most bang for your buck. Rear exhaust is definitly the way I want to go.Need your help!!
Hum that's a good question! but before you get some good answers to your question you need to ask yourself a few things:
1. are you going to do some club or roar racing with it?
2. What do you want the engine to do for you? reliability or pure horsepower?
3. How much you want spend on the engine.
Here are my thoughts, if you are not going to do club racing or roar racing then go for the following:
Novarossi RS12T or RB X12T 5 ports, These 2 engines are very powerful, I had ran my Mugen MTX2 equip with MT12 with a Serpent with RS12T, the RS12T is fast, even I had him like 5 cars length on the sweeper before the straight away he still could catch up with me by the end of the straight away! Awesome power. On the RB12T 5 port, I am running this engine right now, in fact I have just finished breaking it in yesterday and this engine is unbelievable! Awesome bottom end and high end you can hear how it screams on the straight away. To give you an example on comparison, I was running my RB at 190~200F range yesterday and the speed of the car and the explosive accelaration is almost the same (if not better) then my MT12 tunning at 245~255F. And the RB still have another 30~40 F for me to work with! I cant imagine if I tune it to run at 235 or so! It's going to be fast! I will also need some taller gearing to go with it too!
Now if you are planning to race it then you are limited to non-turbo plugs and 3 ports, here are a few engines that I have in mind:
1. JP Black modified MT12, I have seen it with my own eye, the opening of the carb is HUGE
, and I was told it makes some awesome power.
2. Novarossi MT12 and send it to Motoman(Dennis) for him to modify it as RTO or RTU version.(I dont remember which one is Roar Legal.
3. Regular Novarossi MT12, this is a great engine, power is great! Look at the real world, I am confident to say if 7 out of 10 ppl racing are using MT12 then there must be something right abuot this engine! Does it make sense to you?
Let me know what you are getting!