Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rossi Maranello

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2002, 02:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talking Rossi Maranello

Has anyone out there run this sexy beast yet? I'm considering the sacreligious(almost) act of tossing a Maranello in my Ofna 1/8 rally car. I figure it with the two speed might get me to near 70mph. Which are faster, treaded "radial" tires, or foams. P.S- I will use the tires on a concrete resevior(sp).
Old 11-26-2002, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's an advice. Use the money for the Rossi motor, get yourself a Mugen MRX3, get rid of that OFNA pos, put a regular RB C5 in there... If you want speed, there you go. And don't waste your money on junk stuff.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Ofna junk?

I like my Ofna Ultra MBX, becaause parts are always at my finger-tips, simplicity, durability.... I just love that red case on the Marenello, think it would look "fly" on my car, and my girl pays the rent.... so I'm looking for the most insane engine that will fit. Too bad there's no 3hp engine w/ a pullsart.
[email protected]
Old 11-26-2002, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Ofna junk?

Originally posted by Etahn
I like my Ofna Ultra MBX, becaause parts are always at my finger-tips, simplicity, durability.... I just love that red case on the Marenello, think it would look "fly" on my car, and my girl pays the rent.... so I'm looking for the most insane engine that will fit. Too bad there's no 3hp engine w/ a pullsart.
[email protected]
Get a starter box with the money you saved on rent!

Then you can get any motor you like.
Old 11-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
Here's an advice. Use the money for the Rossi motor, get yourself a Mugen MRX3, get rid of that OFNA pos, put a regular RB C5 in there... If you want speed, there you go. And don't waste your money on junk stuff.

this is the dumbest and most idiotic reply i've ever seen
Old 11-26-2002, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

ditto, ofna makes great cars!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by litespeed-dom

how u gonna tell someone to get rid of their car? do u give em money? do u work hard for his money? i wouldn't be surprised if i see u driving with some MAXIMUM BX!
Old 11-26-2002, 10:23 PM
Tech Adept

I have been to the Bar , I better hold my tongue(sp?). But litespeed-dom, doesn't know how to give good advice.
KEEP YOUR CAR----Etahn
Old 11-26-2002, 10:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SPEED!!!

Yo guys, it's Ethan, I messed up putting Etahn. Anyways, I might chicken out on the Rossi Maranello or RB C5"Rody", but if I do put a Hyper .21 8 port in there for sure I'll send it to [email protected] first for some thorough modifications.
PEACE! Ethan [email protected]
Old 11-27-2002, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Red face Re: Ofna junk

Originally posted by Etahn
[email protected]
Sounds like some of the morons made it over here from the HPI forum!!

Old 11-27-2002, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Punisher-Could you make that the standard reply for every thread here

Some of these guys make you wonder where the hell the country is headed.
Old 11-27-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Ofna makes good stuff? Are you kidding me, dude?

Putting anything decent in an Ofna is like putting a Ferrari engine in you Hon-duh Civic!
Old 11-27-2002, 01:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

So you are infatuated by Masami, and you have a somewhat disturbing picture of a little boy on his Knees. I can only wonder, just what is he praying/begging you to stop?
And saints1115, shut up till you post something intellegent yourself.
Old 11-27-2002, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

If you insist on putting in the most insane motor, why not get a starter box and get a motor that doesn't require pullstart? Pullstart alone robs tons of power. And forget the Rossi motor, get a JP or a M.Speed/JP mod motor. These are by far the fastest motors I have even driven. Really depends what budget you are in.

Until you have seen Masami drive a 4wd buggy around the track with his feet and only 5 secs off his TQ pace at the Worlds, you will never appreciate what skills that boy got!
Old 11-27-2002, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

yes a freak show is sometimes nice, but driving around a track with you feet controlling doesn't impress me unless he takes the TQ doing it. Give "30 seconds of Fame" on Fox a call though...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.