Search
Like Tree30Likes

Headsets, suggestions and ROAR Rules

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro-mech
Be careful. Rc Target can only sell out of the Country frequencies.It is illegal to use Euro frequencies in US.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Check out b&h photo and video. https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...oppers-300x250
Old 06-06-2017, 04:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wendling00
Over the weekend we attended a nitro event and used Bluetooth headsets and our phones to call one another. It was better then nothing but not very clear with the nitros buzzing all around. I'm thinking something with the headset covering the ear would be a lot better, along with the mic extending in front of the mouth to hopefully eliminate more background noise.

Those look like they might have some of the same issues as the earpieces we used. Did you have any background noise issues? I certainly like the price better.
Yes, you want an over the ear mono headset with boom mic for your mobile phone. There are a lot of options on Amazon and Ebay. Then either use bluetooth to call, or I've been playing with this App called Intercom which works well.

You can't beat the cost.
GrandeGixxer likes this.

Last edited by cHAmpa; 06-06-2017 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hello Wendling00,

The unit that I mention in the earlier post is actually very good. I think that the unit has a "Noise Cancelling" system on it and we also could adjust the volume..

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Wendling00
Over the weekend we attended a nitro event and used Bluetooth headsets and our phones to call one another. It was better then nothing but not very clear with the nitros buzzing all around. I'm thinking something with the headset covering the ear would be a lot better, along with the mic extending in front of the mouth to hopefully eliminate more background noise.

Those look like they might have some of the same issues as the earpieces we used. Did you have any background noise issues? I certainly like the price better.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The rules states "Absolutely no 2.4GHz", but that is the frequency that Bluetooth works on. So no Bluetooth?
Old 06-06-2017, 06:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JRSlash
The rules states "Absolutely no 2.4GHz", but that is the frequency that Bluetooth works on. So no Bluetooth?
You are correct with Bluetooth running on 2.4 GHz. Yes Bluetooth communication devise can't be used.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hello NITRO 540 and all,

But if You try to search more information about Bluetooth, it stated that Bluetooth will not interfere with the 2.4Ghz that is proprietary use for Radio Frequency..

Cheers..

Originally Posted by NITRO 540
You are correct with Bluetooth running on 2.4 GHz. Yes Bluetooth communication devise can't be used.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello NITRO 540 and all,

But if You try to search more information about Bluetooth, it stated that Bluetooth will not interfere with the 2.4Ghz that is proprietary use for Radio Frequency..

Cheers..
I imagine the only reason they put that rule in place was so you were forced to pay the $399.00 for two headsets, approved by ROAR.

When you can accomplish the same thing for a fraction of the cost that won't cause interference.

Either way, my point for posting was that there are much cheaper ways to communicate for those looking for options. Even outside of ROAR Nationals.
stanleyw808 likes this.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Don't get me wrong I will use the cheapest method out there. I don't race ROAR sanctioned events anyways. $399.00 for two headsets is ridiculous.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cHAmpa
I imagine the only reason they put that rule in place was so you were forced to pay the $399.00 for two headsets, approved by ROAR.

When you can accomplish the same thing for a fraction of the cost that won't cause interference.

Either way, my point for posting was that there are much cheaper ways to communicate for those looking for options. Even outside of ROAR Nationals.
The head sets don't cost $399.00. Most common set cost $335.00.
These head sets have a range up too 4 foot ball fields in line of site. Blue tooth doesn't have the range as these head sets have. I get it. You may not need the range in most cases. My guess the rule with regards to 2.4 GHZ / blue tooth is interference. Can you imagine a bunch of racers trying to connect to a bunch of blue tooth devises that were not setup properly. You could connect to some else's equipment. Just saying. I am always looking to save money. This technology just come out Jan. 2016. These head sets just work for what we do.
I am a racer for the racer.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't think the price is ridiculous, not cheap, but not ridiculous either. These appear to be a made by a company called Eartec and private labeled. There are other wireless intercom systems out there that cost significantly more based on my research.
NITRO 540 and stanleyw808 like this.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Regular

These head sets have a range up too 4 foot ball fields in line of site. Blue tooth doesn't have the range as these head sets have. I get it. You may not need the range in most cases. My guess the rule with regards to 2.4 GHZ / blue tooth is interference. Can you imagine a bunch of racers trying to connect to a bunch of blue tooth devises that were not setup properly. You could connect to some else's equipment. Just saying. I am always looking to save money. This technology just come out Jan. 2016. These head sets just work for what we do.
From the outside looking in, it seems convenient for ROAR to limit the other technologies, a market is cornered.

But I honestly don't get the interference excuse. Folks are using mobile phones as it is in and around the track and on the stands, surfing online and livestreaming to Facebook. Even if you discount what you think are problems connecting using bluetooth, you can connect via wifi, you can connect creating wifi hotspot, least of all you can use your phone and simply call your buddy.

Again, my point to posting was to say there are other options for folks to use to communicate who don't want to drop this kind of coin when a more economical alternative is available for use at your local track.... outside of ROAR Nationals apparently.
NITRO 540 likes this.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The radios we use in the 2.4ghz operate at a higher power in a licensed ISM range. The interference of bluetooth theory is wrongly founded if someone who was educated researched for the exact reason you just made above. Bluetooth, cordless phones, cell phones wifi and wireless routers are all using that same frequency range at much lower power levels than our transmitters. They are considered unlicensed and they would be getting the interference from the transmitters because of the power outputs. I guess ROAR will have to mandate no cell phones and use of liverc over wireless networks too. Just remember, its all volunteers making the rules. There were never any requirements with ROAR to have a background expertise in any of the rules that get made up. Technical junkies can pick apart those rules all day long.
NITRO 540 and cHAmpa like this.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If I had more time I would probably test more options, however, fuel nationals is right around the corner and it will be my first big nitro race and I didn't want any hiccups so I bought the Rc communication headsets. It does seem really expensive for what they are but I'm thinking it will be way less hassle at the track then other options and seems how my son is only 10, that can mean a lot.

Hopefully the clarity reflects the price tag also. I'm looking forward to it!

Thank you all for the comments and options.
Old 06-07-2017, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Dear Apco1, NITRO 540, and all,

As Apco1 stated that the RC Com Head Set is made by a company called Eartec.

I have been using a product made by them since the last 1/8 Buggy IFMAR in Italy. Since then I am searching for a better option including Sena Expand for Industrial use. But in the end the cheaper Vnetphone product is the best for the sound connection without any interference.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Apco1
I don't think the price is ridiculous, not cheap, but not ridiculous either. These appear to be a made by a company called Eartec and private labeled. There are other wireless intercom systems out there that cost significantly more based on my research.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.