Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekno NB48.3 notch on camber link orientation/position

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tekno NB48.3 notch on camber link orientation/position

This might be a dumb question. But it says the notch always goes on the left side, is that when you are looking at the car from behind or in front of it ? Some parts of the instructions have both of them facing inwards towards each other. Could someone clarify this for me
Attached Thumbnails Tekno NB48.3 notch on camber link orientation/position-img_0043.jpg   Tekno NB48.3 notch on camber link orientation/position-img_0044.jpg  
Old 03-30-2017, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shady3275
This might be a dumb question. But it says the notch always goes on the left side, is that when you are looking at the car from behind or in front of it ? Some parts of the instructions have both of them facing inwards towards each other. Could someone clarify this for me
The notch goes on the left side of the car, as though you're looking down at the car from the rear of it.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

So in regards to adjusting them, With notches oriented to left hand side when viewing from rear. You turning them forward (towards front of car ) and turning them back towards (towards rear ) which one shortens and which one lengthens them ?
Old 03-31-2017, 02:13 AM
Tech Regular

Think about the way you threaded them into the rod ends. The left side is the normal thread, so when they are mounted on the car with the notch on the left hand side, when you are twisting the turnbuckle forward, you are making the turnbuckle screw further into the rod end and therefore shortening the the overall length of the turnbuckle. This is why the right side is reverse threaded, allowing the turnbuckle to screw further in/out on the right hand side(equal distance to the left hand side) when you make adjustments. Otherwise when you made an adjustment, the turnbuckle would stay the same length.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Thank you for the help on this. Turnbuckles/camber links have always confused me a little bit when it comes to adjustments. I measured the length of each one as I was building them according to tekno's instructions. I did order a simple camber gauge to ensure it's the same degree on each side before I run it the first time, still in the building phase. & Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't I wait until I'm completely finished with my build before setting up suspension or adjusting the camber.

right now I have my kit assembled, and rolling just no engine or electronics yet, these adjustments should be made once car is ready to hit the track since these other items will affect the weight of the car ?
Old 04-01-2017, 04:04 PM
Tech Regular

Yes, make camber adjustments with the car ready to run. You should download the Hudy off-road guide. This will help out tremendously for setup, what to adjust and what the outcome will be from the adjustment.