Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Tekno NB48.4 Thread >

Tekno NB48.4 Thread

Like Tree71Likes

Tekno NB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-07-2017, 08:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno NB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Aluminum Servo Horn:

-TKR5251B (23T)
-TKR5252B (24T)
-TKR5253B (25T)

TiNi Shock Shafts

-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (Rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that we recommend you keep on hand:
Tips and Tricks
Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips

Tekno RC Instructional YouTube Video Playlist

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on our website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all of our vehicles can be found here.

What is overdrive and when should I use it?

The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Print Wikipost

Old 08-08-2017, 02:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknotank
Got mine all built up last week tried an old novarossi p5 but I just could not get it to fire up on my starter box. Unsure on whether my pack just hasn't got the power to start it. I have an old SMD starter box and was wondering what boxes people are using with their nb48? I had to shim the motors and wheel up in my box in order to get proper contact with the flywheel.

Has anybody else found that the bolts that secure the wing to the mount are a pain in the ass? I didn't do mine up 'tight' as such and even so when I tried to remove the wing the little nyloc nuts simply spin in the plastic and don't 'lock' like they should , has anyone else found this?

Cheers,

Nick.
Hi teknotank,
Most people use the blue Ofna box. It's very robust and turns over the most stubborn engines. It does need adjustment to fit our nitros but nothing major.

Odd that the nuts would spin in the mount. Would double check to make sure they aren't cross threaded. They should thread in easily and typically do not spin. Maybe over tightened?
Old 08-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Will the Kyosho box work with the buggy? It looks like there is a lot of adjustability available with that box.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:34 AM
Tech Rookie

@mattdub thanks for the reply.

I did just chuck the Nova engine straight in with the old mugen mbx5 flywheel so that was probably another issue. But I'll measure the flywheels today and see if there is any different. I think I'm going to go for the blok engine / pipe setup anyway I just wanted to see If the old Nova would kick into life!

As for the wing mount, no I didn't overtighten. The captive nuts as such, just aren't captive and therefore spin, I have had the same problem on the front hub too.

I did manage to get the front camber link undone and was cautious tightening back up yet still spins inside the recess where out should be locked off.

The rest of the kit, just like my SCT went together perfectly. Its only a minor annoyance just means having to remove the wing from the other bracket but when I do manage to get the to wing off I'll make sure the captive nuts are wedged into place and cannot move.

Last edited by teknotank; 08-09-2017 at 02:59 AM.
Old 08-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Hoping to get mine up and running before the UK summer is out. Just need an engine to replace the 10 year old nova what is currently sat in there + 2 new servo's.

It's just an ARTR shelf queen at the moment

TWO by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

ONE by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr
slodsm, hairymuffin and MattDub like this.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Finally got around to cracking open the box on my nb48.4 to start building it.

I have to say, I’ve been playing with toy cars for a very long time and I’ve built everything from kyosho, X-ray, losi, AE, and on and the small things that tekno does like including thread lock always impress me. I love these freakin cars.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Body used

Are most people using the stock body or an aftermarket body and why?
Thanks
Old 08-30-2017, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Most stay with the stock .4, Ryan and Joe both use it. Your pit guy will love it and is easy to drive. When pitting it's impossible for the tank pull to get caught behind the body and the fuel gun pretty much finds its own way to the tank. The downforce characteristics are very neutral, not too much steering or rear grip.
msalinger likes this.

Last edited by MattDub; 08-30-2017 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by teknotank
Hoping to get mine up and running before the UK summer is out. Just need an engine to replace the 10 year old nova what is currently sat in there + 2 new servo's.

It's just an ARTR shelf queen at the moment

TWO by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr

ONE by Nicholas Simpson, on Flickr
Your.4 looks crazy cool ! May I ask what wheels are those.Im thinking of buying another.4 and tires? Tnx in advance
Old 08-30-2017, 08:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have noticed in the latest set up sheets that Lutz is using a Kyosho wing. I am curious to know what the benefit is over the stock wing. Thanks!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

He mostly likes it because it has less downforce at high speed.

Originally Posted by msalinger
I have noticed in the latest set up sheets that Lutz is using a Kyosho wing. I am curious to know what the benefit is over the stock wing. Thanks!
msalinger likes this.
Old 09-12-2017, 07:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default VRP Gamechanger pistons

Is anyone having any luck with these? What's your setup?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I’m using lutz’s wicked weekend setup but a bit softer in the shock oil and it is utterly money on my home track. Hard packed indoor, med/high bite depending on how long the layout has been the same, bumpy but not blown out.

Best nitro buggy I’ve owned.
teknorc likes this.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:28 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Got both of them ready to rock for RC pro round 5 next weekend, going to be a whole new track surface so tire choice will be completely out there but tire wear should be less and I threw a fresh chassis under the the EB48.4 and maybe this one will live longer as well with the pete moss mixture that's going in with the clay.
bgP9QTVQTmSkwDrv4LDVRQ by Jeremy Sensing, on Flickr
Old 09-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i am not a fan on the stock body on my nb48.4 whats a good after market body for it
Old 10-01-2017, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadMick
i am not a fan on the stock body on my nb48.4 whats a good after market body for it
Leadfinger Racing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.