Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree71Likes

Tekno NB48.4 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-07-2017, 08:14 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno NB48.4 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Aluminum Servo Horn:

-TKR5251B (23T)
-TKR5252B (24T)
-TKR5253B (25T)

TiNi Shock Shafts

-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (Rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that we recommend you keep on hand:
Tips and Tricks
Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips

Tekno RC Instructional YouTube Video Playlist

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on our website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all of our vehicles can be found here.

What is overdrive and when should I use it?

The NB48.4 comes stock with a 12t pinion (TKR8152) and the 39t ring (TKR8151) in both the front and rear and the EB48.4 has a 12t pinion (TKR8152B) and the 40t ring (TKR8151B) in both the front and rear.

The two sets of gears are used to overdrive the front of the EBs or underdrive the rear of the NBs. If you have both vehicles and want to try underdrive it's as easy as swapping the front diff and pinion of the EB and the rear diff and pinion of the NB. Underdrive helps on very loose tracks, when you need more on power steering or if the rear of the car feels loose.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fuel tank

When low on fuel, car upside down, clunk does not get to the top of the tank. It stops about 1cm from the top. Anyone else notice this and have a solution? 2 races now, low on fuel flame outs.

Last edited by Danger Dietrich; 07-19-2017 at 03:42 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

You mean the clunk does not touch the bottom. Or when flipped over.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mr240
You mean the clunk does not touch the bottom. Or when flipped over.
Flipped over
Old 07-19-2017, 04:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danger Dietrich
When low on fuel, car upside down, clunk does not get to the top of the tank. It stops about 1cm from the top. Anyone else notice this and have a solution? 2 races now, low on fuel flame outs.
#1 pit sooner
#2 don't crash
#3 new tubing and or check the fuel tubing for length also make sure tubing is not bent in an upward radius in the middle between nipple and clung. If it is rotate tubing until clung hits top of tank. when upside down.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX
#1 pit sooner
#2 don't crash
#3 new tubing and or check the fuel tubing for length also make sure tubing is not bent in an upward radius in the middle between nipple and clung. If it is rotate tubing until clung hits top of tank. when upside down.
Thanks, I've had the same thought's...
1, I get it but I shouldn't have to. I'm already on a 7.5 to 8 min strategy. The car will easily run 9 at most tracks.
2, lmao, I'll try that.
3. It's essentially a new car, 4 race days and about a gallon through it. Tubing is the factory piece, correct length, not kinked, seems to be the same no matter how I clock it. I'll mess with it some more though.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 PM
Tech Addict

1, I get it but I shouldn't have to. I'm already on a 7.5 to 8 min strategy. The car will easily run 9 at most tracks.
2, lmao, I'll try that.
3. It's essentially a new car, 4 race days and about a gallon through it. Tubing is the factory piece, correct length, not kinked, seems to be the same no matter how I clock it. I'll mess with it some more though.
Hi,

You can try replacing the inner fuel tube with a softer one if needed (it can be tricky for some people) but since fuel tubing tends to get softer after some use I am sure it will be perfectly fine as soon as it gets a bit softer...
Old 07-22-2017, 11:57 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

2, lmao, I'll try that.
Crashing when the tank is low is always a very unsure moment but as said before, check the curve of the fuel line in the in the tank and make sure it's not curved down. Also the fuel line will become a little softer in time and will help with this issue as well.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Evening chaps, I have just picked a Kit up.
In no rush to build.. however I'd like to ask a question ( I know it will get asked ALL the time and it really boils down to personal preference / how deep your pockets are )

But what engine would you guys recommend?

I'm not a pro racer or even a club racer (possibly next year!)

So I don't want to splash out on an all singing, all dancing $500 race tuned engine, but at the same time I don't want to put a RTR motor in such a nice chassis,

I'd like something reliable, with a decent ammount of poke, that isn't going to break the bank, budget of around $300....

Any suggestions?

Much appreciated

Nick
Old 07-26-2017, 01:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Evening guys - I've just picked one of these up, however looking for some opinions on motor choice.

I'm no pro racer, I'm not even racing club level this year (looking into it for next year!)

I appreciate this question will get asked an awful lot and it really boils down to personal preference / how deep your pockets are.... but i'm lost as to what engine to use.

I don't want to be spending $500 on a top notch race engine as I just can't justify spending that much/my skills don't require such an engine!

However.... I also appreciate it's a top quality chassis so at the same time I don't want to stick some tosh RTR bag of crap in there!!

I'm not brand picky, I've ran a few picco's over the years but open to any suggestions.

Giving myself a limit of around $300.... what would you guys recommend for me?

Something that still has decent power and overall good relability.

Cheers guys.

Nick.
Old 07-29-2017, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknotank
Evening guys - I've just picked one of these up, however looking for some opinions on motor choice.

I'm no pro racer, I'm not even racing club level this year (looking into it for next year!)

I appreciate this question will get asked an awful lot and it really boils down to personal preference / how deep your pockets are.... but i'm lost as to what engine to use.

I don't want to be spending $500 on a top notch race engine as I just can't justify spending that much/my skills don't require such an engine!

However.... I also appreciate it's a top quality chassis so at the same time I don't want to stick some tosh RTR bag of crap in there!!

I'm not brand picky, I've ran a few picco's over the years but open to any suggestions.

Giving myself a limit of around $300.... what would you guys recommend for me?

Something that still has decent power and overall good relability.

Cheers guys.

Nick.
First choice would be the BLOK engines, and since you're not racing until next year, I would save your cash and get one.

If your dead set on the 300.00 budget, then ProTek released a club racer engine that would fit your needs. The LS5 would allow you to get your feet wet and race while saving money for the BLOK power plant.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/protek-rc-euro-ls5-.21-long-stroke-5port-competition-offroad-engine-ptk-3500/p576744
Old 08-07-2017, 08:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Guys quick question, new to Tekno stuff and trying to find this and my google-fu is off tonight apparently, 32 or 34mm flywheel for Tekno rides?
Old 08-07-2017, 09:47 PM
Tech Rookie

slodsm it's a 34mm flywheel
Old 08-08-2017, 01:25 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thank you.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Got mine all built up last week tried an old novarossi p5 but I just could not get it to fire up on my starter box. Unsure on whether my pack just hasn't got the power to start it. I have an old SMD starter box and was wondering what boxes people are using with their nb48? I had to shim the motors and wheel up in my box in order to get proper contact with the flywheel.

Has anybody else found that the bolts that secure the wing to the mount are a pain in the ass? I didn't do mine up 'tight' as such and even so when I tried to remove the wing the little nyloc nuts simply spin in the plastic and don't 'lock' like they should , has anyone else found this?

Cheers,

Nick.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknotank
Got mine all built up last week tried an old novarossi p5 but I just could not get it to fire up on my starter box. Unsure on whether my pack just hasn't got the power to start it. I have an old SMD starter box and was wondering what boxes people are using with their nb48? I had to shim the motors and wheel up in my box in order to get proper contact with the flywheel.

Has anybody else found that the bolts that secure the wing to the mount are a pain in the ass? I didn't do mine up 'tight' as such and even so when I tried to remove the wing the little nyloc nuts simply spin in the plastic and don't 'lock' like they should , has anyone else found this?

Cheers,

Nick.
Ca the nuts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.