Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Where to get parts for Losi LST??? >

Where to get parts for Losi LST???

Where to get parts for Losi LST???

Old 06-18-2016, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

Default Where to get parts for Losi LST???

So i just go an LST on a trade, the truck is pretty clean. It's the one with the Mach .26. But i went to take the wheels off to start cleaning it up, and one rear wheel popped off with the nut still on it. Then when i tried to get the nut off, it snapped the pin off. So now i need wheel hubs, ill also need one for the front most likely because the nut will not budge and it will probably break too.

And i need wheels since one is stripped out. Im guessing any truggy/monster truck wheel fits these? But if anyone knows where to find replacement parts please help a brotha out!!
Old 06-18-2016, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Amain, Absolut Hobbyz, E-bay, Horrizon.... Google is your friend
Old 06-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Jerm13
Amain, Absolut Hobbyz, E-bay, Horrizon.... Google is your friend
Oh i know I've been googling it up. lol. Did find the axle's on amain. They only have one in stock but i need two, so that should be interesting.

And i need wheel because 2 are stripped. I want yellow dish truggy wheels, but not sure what size these wheels are? I'm guessing they are 17mm. Do monster truck and truggy wheels swap?
Old 06-20-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The first LST wasn't 17mm. After the LST2 came out, they made a conversion kit to make it a LST2. This included truggy wheels and 17mm hex hubs and several other parts.
Old 06-20-2016, 05:55 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BrettL
The first LST wasn't 17mm. After the LST2 came out, they made a conversion kit to make it a LST2. This included truggy wheels and 17mm hex hubs and several other parts.
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find one. I found 14mm to 17mm adapters but it says it's for the lst2. Maybe it means it's for the original to make it like an lst2

Buying old r/c's is overwhelming
Old 06-20-2016, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BrettL
The first LST and Aftershock had 14mm hexes. The LST2 and all the newer trucks had/have 20mm hexes. For 17mm you need new hexes - most 17mm buggy hexes will do. And some shims.

That though is going from an LST2. If it's that simple with the Aftershock/LST 1 I can't say.

If you can track down the LST2 conversion kit for a deal, do it. Much beefier parts. Then convert to 17mm.

It's in any case definitely adviseable to convert to 17mm. 14mm is too small, and with 17mm you have way more tire/wheel options.

As for LST parts, ebay, forums, Facebook, etc. Just gotta' search.. Maybe even buy some used roller if you find a deal on one.

Go to the Monster Truck section and ask in some of the LST threads - even electric.

The Mach .26 was a good engine. Make sure you have the good pipe from the LST2 and a well-shimmed aluminum clutch.
Old 06-22-2016, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
The first LST and Aftershock had 14mm hexes. The LST2 and all the newer trucks had/have 20mm hexes. For 17mm you need new hexes - most 17mm buggy hexes will do. And some shims.

That though is going from an LST2. If it's that simple with the Aftershock/LST 1 I can't say.

If you can track down the LST2 conversion kit for a deal, do it. Much beefier parts. Then convert to 17mm.

It's in any case definitely adviseable to convert to 17mm. 14mm is too small, and with 17mm you have way more tire/wheel options.

As for LST parts, ebay, forums, Facebook, etc. Just gotta' search.. Maybe even buy some used roller if you find a deal on one.

Go to the Monster Truck section and ask in some of the LST threads - even electric.

The Mach .26 was a good engine. Make sure you have the good pipe from the LST2 and a well-shimmed aluminum clutch.
So i ordered axles and went ahead and ordered the 17mm kit for lst2. Hoping it would fit. Turns out the lst2 apparentlly has bigger axles. It would be great to just run lst 2 axles. But what all would i need to run them is the question. I looked up wheels and can't find any 14mm wheels. Axial sells a 17mm wheel with a 14mm adapter, but honestly i'm afraid to order them because these axles will probably be to small or some bs. Gotta be a way
Old 06-22-2016, 09:46 PM
Tech Champion

The LST2 has quite a few differences to the LST1/Aftershock. Everything from the diffs out is beefier.

Look up the LST2 conversion kit - what all's in it, and you'll see what would be needed. The hubs and carriers are bigger and much beefier for ex.