Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro rc throttle problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Unhappy Nitro rc throttle problems

Hi everyone

I am fairly new with all this rc stuff, and i am now in dire need of some assistance. My nitro rc truck have been running well up until today. When i fired up the engine today suddenly the throttle servo slammed into full throttle and i had to cut the fuel to stop the enging. The throttle stayed there without budging, but by playing a little bit with my controller i managed to move the throttle slightly. Then i decided to unplug the throttle servo from the reciver and plug it back in. As soon as i unpluged it the servo went back to idle position, but as soon as i pluged it back in it slammed back into full throttle. It was only when i cut the power to everything and unplugging all servos from the reciver that i managed to get the throttle back to normal, but this only lasted up to 5 minutes, and then it was locked in full throttle again.

This is a pain in the butt, and i have no idea what the problem is or how to fix it, so if any of you guys have a good idea i would be thrilled.

all the best to you guys, from a lost rc soul
Old 06-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

what brand of transmitter (controller/remote) do you have? I know on the spektrum if you do a parameter reset and don't teach it full throttle/brake and steering left and right it will do the same thing or at least similar to what yours is doing. Do some google searches with regard to the transmitter and read the manual on doing a reset and rebind also.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Try plugging in the steering servo in where The throttle servo goes into the receiver and see if the steering servo does the same thing if it does not do the same thing the throttle servo's needs to be replace
Old 06-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

it sounds like your on board battery is dead what kind of battery do you have a rechargeable 5 cell or a 4cell double A alkaline battery. if you have the latter then its you need to upgrade to a 5 cell (6 volt) or a 7.4 v lipo rechargeable battery.