Old 05-30-2007, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for that.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default Steering

Hi all the MBX5 owner, I need advise on the right way to put the steeringhook on the servo horn. Pls refer to the pic. It this is a right way I put or I need to put oppersite? The holder touch to the servo tray when I turn.........
Attached Thumbnails MBX5-image-577-.jpg  
Old 05-31-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have the linkage on the other side of the arm.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Originally Posted by infanterene
I have the linkage on the other side of the arm.
Oh yeah...it call linkage. Mean currently you are running oppesite way and it running fine? That good to hear. Will move it tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any suggestions for a lipo receiver pack to use in my MBX5Prospec??
Old 06-03-2007, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

MODERATORS!!! Move us to Nitro Off-Road plz
Old 06-04-2007, 08:59 PM
Tech Rookie

capelracer, check out h/t batteries or www.commonsenserc.com both make a real nice reciever battery.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Cheers Steve
Old 06-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Any suggestions for a lipo receiver pack to use in my MBX5Prospec??
I have one in my 5R and one in my 5T and I also use their starter box batteries. Great stuff and super light!

http://www.htbatteries.com/
Old 06-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

just a quick question on sanding the diff cases, do you have to run 2x seals or can you get away with the 1, im wondering if the sanding will cause any binding with 1 seal or are we talking about a small amount of material which wont make enough difference, my diffs leak and the grease comes out through the bearings im guessing this is a o ring issue rather than the case seals leaking? I have ordered some 5x1.5 o rings to hopefully improve the seal but i have some standard ones just in case they just need some grease, i read the types of grease to use mugen/mobil etc what about silkolene RG2 its a red grease A super high melting point lithium complex synthetic waterproof racing grease, designed to meet the exacting requirements of competitve use
High stress, high cling formula does this sound ok also.

Cheers

one last question on running lipo with 7 volt regulater how will this effect servo life if designed for 6 volt
Old 06-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Mugen Aluminium

Hi,

Anyone recommend any other aluminium parts for the 5r apart from the Rear Tension Rod Mount and the radio tray mount, the radio tray tends to flex a bit when the brakes are applied.

Cheers...
Old 06-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

ive been running the Fioroni radio tray mount, Fioroni steering servo mount, and the aluminum standoff radio tray support. The pretty much keep the steering servo case from twisting/tweaking/getting f'd up....

I also use the Racer's Edge sway bar mounts, front and rear. They wont break if you get rear-ended and the screw wont strip out....just be sure to use locktite once you get it setup!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow coach
just a quick question on sanding the diff cases, do you have to run 2x seals or can you get away with the 1, im wondering if the sanding will cause any binding with 1 seal or are we talking about a small amount of material which wont make enough difference, my diffs leak and the grease comes out through the bearings im guessing this is a o ring issue rather than the case seals leaking? I have ordered some 5x1.5 o rings to hopefully improve the seal but i have some standard ones just in case they just need some grease, i read the types of grease to use mugen/mobil etc what about silkolene RG2 its a red grease A super high melting point lithium complex synthetic waterproof racing grease, designed to meet the exacting requirements of competitve use
High stress, high cling formula does this sound ok also.

Cheers

one last question on running lipo with 7 volt regulater how will this effect servo life if designed for 6 volt
Sanding the cups takes off barely anything (maybe .001") so you can still use one gasket. Not sure about that grease. I know the Mugen Super Grease, Mobil 1 synthetic grease and the Maxima synthetic grease all work well. I do not see the Lipo with 7.0 volt regulator affecting servo life at all. Fully charged hump packs make more than 6 volts as well, but drain off fast. The Lipo is the SHIZZLE!
Old 06-15-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Help a Mugen noob out

I recently got a MBX5R kit and I've been slowly been putting it together. Reading previous posts I built the diffs without the 3mm spider o-rings and dumped thick amounts of mobil 1 grease on the diff gaskets and 5mm orings. Diffs now feel smooth. However, when I install them in the diff case with the pinion gear, it's not so smooth. The manual doesn't call for any shims and the kit didn't seem to come with any so is it supposed to feel a little "gritty?" Also I ended up using red loctite on the set screws in the CV driveshafts did I screw up? Thanks in advance!
Old 06-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

By the way guys i am thinking i will be putting up my 5R tonight ready to go. V spec, Lipo 7v regulator, os pipe, jp2 pipe and king headz rear mounts. Just needs a reciever. Wanted to give you guys first shot as well as ask what a fair price is. Just no time for Nitro right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.