R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2007, 08:58 AM   #1111
Tech Champion
 
nobike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,029
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Wright
Sweet I'll be there.

Jim
were you able to make it? did you get the setups?
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:22 AM   #1112
Tech Regular
 
J.Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
were you able to make it? did you get the setups?

Thanks "nobike" I was there around 6:00 and was not able to find you (I don't know what you look like) but found Ronda she is pretty hard to miss, she took my setup sheet filled it out and gave it back to me. That's way cool, for her to take the time to help a beginner like me when she is there prepping for her race. This is a great help to me and the sport. Thank you I hope to meet you this week end.

Jim
J.Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:38 AM   #1113
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Ronda's great. She's helped me a bit getting into 1/8th scale too. She let me go over her car really closely last time I was at Revelation.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #1114
Tech Champion
 
nobike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,029
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)
Default

the only thing that sucks about Ronda is she is fast as hell, it sucks getting smoke by a chick, J/K one of the coolest chicks around.................
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:23 PM   #1115
Tech Champion
 
nobike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,029
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Wright
Thanks "nobike" I was there around 6:00 and was not able to find you (I don't know what you look like) but found Ronda she is pretty hard to miss, she took my setup sheet filled it out and gave it back to me. That's way cool, for her to take the time to help a beginner like me when she is there prepping for her race. This is a great help to me and the sport. Thank you I hope to meet you this week end.

Jim
anytime Jim, there was actually 2-3 guys there that night with brand new mugen R's, i was helping one of them set up his radio and car, see you sat Jim i have A flourecent orange mugen R......................
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:50 PM   #1116
Tech Regular
 
J.Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
anytime Jim, there was actually 2-3 guys there that night with brand new mugen R's, i was helping one of them set up his radio and car, see you sat Jim i have A flourecent orange mugen R......................
Looking forward to meeting you.

Jim
J.Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #1117
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 29
Default body mounts

does anyone know if an aluminum rear body mount is avalable for the mbx5
rich m. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:54 AM   #1118
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 17
Default

Has anyone ever tried pistons with different diameter holes? One 1.4 and the other 1.6 for example?

If yes, what's their effect on the suspension?

I will be thying this next weekend...I'l post some feedback soon.
stamko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #1119
Tech Regular
 
J.Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I need help with a problem I got the buggy setup just the way I like it but I had to tighten up the front sway bay and way loosen the rear I like to leave them neutral so I can adjust them before the main if need to,,,, so do bring the sway bars back to the original position and adjust camber for more rear traction or is there a better way to get a little more on power steering and a little less of the windshield wiper affect. Thanks

Jim
J.Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:35 PM   #1120
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

anyone have a good high bite clay track set-up? tight track with some fairly large jumps....
sand geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:51 AM   #1121
Tech Champion
 
nobike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,029
Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Wright
I need help with a problem I got the buggy setup just the way I like it but I had to tighten up the front sway bay and way loosen the rear I like to leave them neutral so I can adjust them before the main if need to,,,, so do bring the sway bars back to the original position and adjust camber for more rear traction or is there a better way to get a little more on power steering and a little less of the windshield wiper affect. Thanks

Jim
what diff oils are you running?
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #1122
Tech Regular
 
J.Wright's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 281
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
what diff oils are you running?
nobike I am useing 5-7-2 and am tiking to 5k in the center diff rather then 7k what do you think?

Jim
J.Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:22 PM   #1123
Tech Apprentice
 
PIITB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 98
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamko
Has anyone ever tried pistons with different diameter holes? One 1.4 and the other 1.6 for example?

If yes, what's their effect on the suspension?

I will be thying this next weekend...I'l post some feedback soon.

i heard a few people were doing this at the worlds... i dont drive fast enough to worry about that though... hehe
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #1124
Tech Elite
 
celt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: /dev/null
Posts: 2,335
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thinking of an MXB5...

Hey guys, thinking of getting an MXB5-R but not sure I want to wait - back ordered everywhere.

Other than the usual bling, what what I be giving up going with the MXB5?

Is the geomeytry the same? Shocks the same? Chassis layout and dimensions? All might add would be a one piece motor mount.

Any thoughts?
__________________
"Soon they will get everything they deserve. This isn't about trite elitism, but the otherwise intellectual and educated classes refusing to think for themselves. I call it situational ignorance, and painfully intolerable."

Stan Garvin
celt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:31 PM   #1125
Tech Apprentice
 
PIITB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 98
Default

chassis the same, but lots of other differences. mainly shocks and shock towers, etc
PIITB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS Mugen MBX5-T Prospec & MBX5-R Both less than 3 gallons! V-Spec Less than 1 gallon! ffpm46 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 08-01-2008 06:27 PM
whats the difference mbx5 prospec / mbx5 r lynell90 Nitro Off-Road 6 04-24-2008 02:31 PM
Mugen MBX5 Electric Conversion, MBX5 and MBX5R Spare Parts! Cain R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 04-10-2008 03:16 PM
Mugen MBX5, MBX5 Pro Spec, MBX5R Differences Cain Nitro Off-Road 12 10-01-2007 10:35 AM
MBX5 or MBX5 PROSPEC? Realworld differences? Jeel Electric Off-Road 5 12-05-2004 07:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net