R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #991
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman517
install it with the channel facing up and use the outside holes , i had mine the other way and the bump steer was worse, now its hardly noticeable

Yeah i tried that too but then it becomes just the same as the stock Mugen one. You are not using the offset thats build into it when you run it with the flat side down.
Timox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #992
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys, i was wondering if any of you might happen to have an extra receiver box lid for the receiver side that you would want to sell me? i lost mine this weekend, and the only way i can get another one, is if i buy the whole receiver box assembly. let me know thanks
heffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:35 PM   #993
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffer
hey guys, i was wondering if any of you might happen to have an extra receiver box lid for the receiver side that you would want to sell me? i lost mine this weekend, and the only way i can get another one, is if i buy the whole receiver box assembly. let me know thanks
bro, Much as i want to help u coz i have 2 extra mbx5 radio trays,,,,,,,,,but the prob is,, im in jak and u?

Stay Serpent...
sandrixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 10:53 PM   #994
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timox
Yeah i tried that too but then it becomes just the same as the stock Mugen one. You are not using the offset thats build into it when you run it with the flat side down.
Hmmm i dont know Ryan helllllp
gasman517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:04 PM   #995
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrixx
bro, Much as i want to help u coz i have 2 extra mbx5 radio trays,,,,,,,,,but the prob is,, im in jak and u?
im in socal, how much would you be willing to sell it? ill give you some money for shiping also. you can just put it in a regular envelope i would think. right? please ,ill pay postage. thanks
Old 02-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #996
Tech Master

Quote:
im in socal, how much would you be willing to sell it? ill give you some money for shiping also. you can just put it in a regular envelope i would think. right? please ,ill pay postage. thanks
bro, i aint gonna sell it to u., il just give it to u but i think it'll cost u more if we do these shipping thing.., Are u in good friendship with your local hobby shop?.., coz maybe somewhere there in their tool or kit boxes might be theres a spare lid.,, i do that here and sometimes i find things which they dont need no more and i just buy it cheaply...

Stay Serpent...
Old 02-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #997
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman517
Hmmm i dont know Ryan helllllp
If you have the Kingheadz offset ackerman arm you have to run it with the flat side(offset) to the top, otherwise if you run it with the flat side down your defeating the purpose and might as well have kept your stock one on. Yes- with the Kingheadz ackerman the toe out is going to look real extreme when the buggy is on a starter box or car stand, but as far as racing goes the only time it will be that way is when the buggy is in flight over a jump. As long as you have your toe-out properly set while the buggy is setting on a flat surface at proper ride height, then you will be fine and gain the full benefit of the offset ackerman. Don't worry about what it looks like while setting on a stand at full droop.
RYAN BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:51 PM   #998
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Cool MBX5 2 SPEED

Just got a mugen MBX5 and decided to run around with my kids I was wondering if anyone knows of there is a 2 speed that will fit without to much surgery. Watching my sons OFNA 21 with 2 speed pull away is hurting my ego. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-06-2007, 04:54 PM   #999
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrixx
bro, i aint gonna sell it to u., il just give it to u but i think it'll cost u more if we do these shipping thing.., Are u in good friendship with your local hobby shop?.., coz maybe somewhere there in their tool or kit boxes might be theres a spare lid.,, i do that here and sometimes i find things which they dont need no more and i just buy it cheaply...
ive asked the hobby shop, and theyve said that they dont hae any extras. i also asked people around the track, and they dont have any either. would you be willing to mail it to me, ill paypal you 5 dollars?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #1000
Tech Master

Quote:
ive asked the hobby shop, and theyve said that they dont hae any extras. i also asked people around the track, and they dont have any either. would you be willing to mail it to me, ill paypal you 5 dollars?
Bro, il do my very best. If all's well here then i'l ask for your home address, oki?.. til then pls let me know if ever u were able to grab one.,, ayuzzz!!

Stay Serpent...
Old 02-06-2007, 08:00 PM   #1001
Tech Master

Default refresh me..

Mugen Bros, pls direct me to any link or just refresh me regarding the effect if i use the low or high position of the plastic bushings on my front upper arm attached to the shock tower. My objective is to have more steering entering turns coz we have this tight/technical track... sorry to bother you. many thanx!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay Serpent...
Old 02-07-2007, 05:28 AM   #1002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Just want to thank Ryan for all his help and advise me buggy's setup good handles great very pleased cheers bro IMOH one of the best guy's to help you out MUCH RESPECT
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #1003
Tech Regular

Nitro$junkie- no problem, glad I could help make your Mugen better! Good luck!

sandrixx- I would use the bottom or middle bushing position in your shock tower, and lower mounts at the rear of the top hinge pins. I have mine in the middle in the tower, with lower rear mounts and a 1.5mm shim to lower the mounts even more, and my top arms are pushed all the way forward against the tower. This setup will give you a "higher roll center" and makes the buggy very responsive to steering input, and changes directions very quickly on a tight track. Hope this helps. -Ryan
RYAN BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:34 PM   #1004
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro$junkie
Just want to thank Ryan for all his help and advise me buggy's setup good handles great very pleased cheers bro IMOH one of the best guy's to help you out MUCH RESPECT
+1
nobike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #1005
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYAN BARNES
Nitro$junkie- no problem, glad I could help make your Mugen better! Good luck!

sandrixx- I would use the bottom or middle bushing position in your shock tower, and lower mounts at the rear of the top hinge pins. I have mine in the middle in the tower, with lower rear mounts and a 1.5mm shim to lower the mounts even more, and my top arms are pushed all the way forward against the tower. This setup will give you a "higher roll center" and makes the buggy very responsive to steering input, and changes directions very quickly on a tight track. Hope this helps. -Ryan
Senyor Ryan, thanx very much!,,., currently i have mine in the bottom in the tower and using this eckTek lower rear mounts,, it comes with two pcs,, i'll experiment which one is better.., btw just want to share to you Mugen Bros my "jeepneys",, heheh...can't wait to race this beast again very soon!!..,The black one is my trainer,, mbx5 standard where i "play around" with the setup and apply it on the racer...okxx!!
Attached Thumbnails
MBX5-j1.jpg   MBX5-jeepney1.jpg   MBX5-jeepney1a.jpg   MBX5-jeepneys.jpg  

Stay Serpent...