R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-25-2006, 01:18 AM   #736
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutfluff
Where do you race Joe? I like Rev on Sat nights but havent been down in awhile.

Mugen Xmas everyone!!
Revelation. I really like that track...well run, but not too hardcore.

I was going there pretty much every Saturday until the Ofna race...got a bunch of stuff ripped off, so I kinda lost interest and I just started going again. Been working on the 1:1 car, too. I went to ARC a couple times, but it sux compared to Rev.

BTW -- The hobby shop has a new owner now and it's actually stocked and stuff. It's pretty nice. You should come out next weekend!
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 06:01 AM   #737
Tech Regular

Barnes!

I have not raced offroad in 3 mo. and I still have my Mugen. I do want to try something different but until the Losi does better then my Mugen. I will always be a Mugen Man. Happy Christmas you old Grinch.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:33 AM   #738
Tech Regular

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL THE MUGEN FAITHFUL!!!
RYAN BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:43 AM   #739
Tech Regular

If I buy the Mugen pit bag will I be a Mugen Faithful?

you old Grinch!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:52 AM   #740
Tech Regular

It would be a sin to carry anything other than a MUGEN in a Mugen pit bag!!! And why you keep callin me old? You've got me by a few years!
Old 12-25-2006, 07:56 AM   #741
Tech Regular

I think you have been taking Williams medication. Its turning you into a Brand junky.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #742
Tech Regular

Nope, I just stand behind a proven, dependable kit and don't jump ship searching for excuses as to why I'm not up front. Same driver+different kit=same results!!!
Old 12-25-2006, 10:01 AM   #743
Tech Fanatic

Merry Christmas to my new Mugen brothers. It sounds like i may be getting the present i was helping for, my dad out of the hospital after being there for almost a month and a half! Never take your health for granted it can go away in theblink of an eye! Sorry for using the tread for personal stuff, now back to our regular scheduled programming. Anybody ever use the GRP Jolly?
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #744
Tech Regular

Barnes,

I am not making excuses why I am not doing better. The Mugen is a damn good buggy. I just like trying different rides for the heck of it. I think the Losi looks cool. Its not because I will be faster. I feel good about my driving skills. Its not the chassis that makes the driver... I'm just glad that it not a 2 manf. class like 2wd stock use to be, which sucked
By the way Barnes I don't need the best buggy to pass you.
Have a good Xmas you old Grinch.

Tcmerf,

I have a set of the Jolly tires. They are not really all around tires. I have had them to hookup.
Old 12-25-2006, 01:07 PM   #745
Tech Regular

C'mon man, what gives? This isn't your local thread, where we get on here and go back n forth like a couple high school kids, cutting each other down. I get on here to share info and help others whom are new to the Mugen family, with knowledgable and reliable tips, and links to helpful aftermarket products and setup tips. If you wanna get on Tech and keep talkin smack then stay in the 8ight thread(though you don't own one)
Old 12-25-2006, 03:12 PM   #746
Tech Regular

C'mon "bro", I'm just explanning my case. I am not saying any more then you have said to me. You can't have a forum without people disagreeing.
I have not said one thing bad about Mugen. In fact I like to read about the new products that Mugen has, which I still think is one of the best products I have ever used in RC.
Was I not asking you about how you like the new Mugen pit bag last time I saw you? Anyway, I hope you don't get to upset if I get a different ride. You still can't hack me just because I'm driving something different.
Old 12-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #747
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmerf
Merry Christmas to my new Mugen brothers. It sounds like i may be getting the present i was helping for, my dad out of the hospital after being there for almost a month and a half! Never take your health for granted it can go away in theblink of an eye! Sorry for using the tread for personal stuff, now back to our regular scheduled programming. Anybody ever use the GRP Jolly?
That is so true,you savor that more and more as you get older. I wish you and your family a very Happy X-Mas and Happy New Year.Keep the positive thoughts. I run GRP premounts [ Grips and Cubics] for the mbx5t and are very good but do not run grp for the buggy yet , Sorry
rcmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #748
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

OK...so I swapped my Prospec over to all the "R" stuff last week.

It seemed pretty good overall, but they changed the track since the last time I raced 1/8th there to one with a zillion (well...probably 15+ ) small-medium jumps. It seemed like if I didn't time them perfectly, I'd end up on my lid, rather than having the spiffy new suspension soak up the bumps. I have the new arms, shocks and everything else...set up just like "R" kit specs.

I was running blue springs, with white pistons and 350 (all four corners)...then went to 400 (in the rear). It seemed a little better, but still not too good...then I went to the black pistons (the "1.5" pistons??) and 450 and that seemed to settle it down a lot. I didn't mess with the front at all.

I *think* I went the right way and I swear I've seen that combination on some setup sheets before (bigger holes, heavier oil)...was it just my imagination? I'm very much more interested in having a stable car that will stay on all four than I am getting every tenth out of it.

I don't remember being on my lid that much with the old stuff..the new setup was AWESOME in the rough stuff, I I could go through the rythm section near WOT...LOL... but when it came to absorbing a slightly mis-timed jump, it sucked. Well, I *know* it's really me, but it wasn't working for my "style" as it were.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #749
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

TCMERF glad to hear that your dad got out of the hospital in time for the holiday. I on the other hand had to take my poor wife to the emergency room 6:00 in the morning xmas eve and she is still there. Kind of crappy way to spend the holiday. What you say is true to not take health for granted. Best present I could have is to get her better and home. But my good racing friend Jeff's wife is her nurse and he came up tonight to check on her and I, just to show how good a racing bud he is... Probably the second best present I could've got...

Hope everyone had a nice holiday, mine was spent watching lifetime movies in the hospital with the love of my life (who thinks the love of my life is RC)

Oh and Barnes, oh man of quick posts and images. Why don't you send KYRACER that little calvin and hobbes thing you sent me. (You know...) The Mugen Seiki like his avatar pissing on the Losi image.
cwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #750
Tech Fanatic

Mugenchad, hope everyhing is alright. and wish your wife a speedy recovery. Its good to have a friend on the inside so to speak. Anyway my dad finally got to set foot in his house for the first time this month. He still has a lot of work ahead of him. At one point he had a blood clot that ran the lenght of his thigh! Anyway the week before his first emergency surgery on Noveber 12th he played softball 3 times a week and now he cant walk really with out some kind of support. His spirit may need more work than his body! Thanks for the thoughts everyone. Hey Turbo where did you run, ARC? I ran a couple of tanks but that was it. At least the only reason i had to pull off this time was i lost a wheel! I did find the wheel nut though, i actually saw it come off! Stupid!
" Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way, turn"
tcmerf is offline   Reply With Quote