MBX5

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 12:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default set up help

mr barnes

you da man ,

thanks heaps as im building it right now , first gas buggy allways run electric offroad before .

mike , perth oz'e

p.s the manuals not very good needed to look at pic's on the mugen site , as iv never built a mugen kit before ,

Last edited by keyesgood; 10-28-2006 at 02:50 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:56 AM
Tech Master

Default mr barnes ,

hello again ,

pal ,

iv had an pm from one of the top factory mugen drivers here in australia , the gray springs are not new longer ones , they just pul them hard and make them longer , do this a few times and then check them to see if they are the same , iv done it looks fine to me , then they only run a little clip in the top of the shock , as you pointed out mr scott hughes had done ,

keep it under the sheats ,

mike ,
Old 10-28-2006, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Is the ackerman plate on the MBX-5R still not a good ackerman to run? Just wondering if I need to raise this one up or get an Eck-Tec plate. Is there a difference?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

what kind of lap time differences are you guys experencing to thr mbx5r compared to the mbx5 prosepc
Old 10-29-2006, 01:05 AM
Tech Initiate

I would think that stretching out the springs would distort them and alter the spring rate.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There is always the truggy springs?
Old 10-29-2006, 07:31 AM
Tech Adept

Stretching the spring is a idea from KenjiOsaka. The whole idea behind it was to make the spring more progressive.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Here's a good look at the MBX5T wing mount kit mounted on my buggy that I mentioned on page 17. It bolts right on the buggy and the wing holes are the same width. As you can see from my MBX5R, compared to my sons in the background, it makes the wing lower and a little further back which helps with rear traction, and it lowers the buggys center of gravity, which is a big help in cornering!!

Also here is a look at the Eck-Tec ackerman arm next to the King Headz, they both have the 3mm offset which really helps bumpsteer, but the Eck-Tec has 4 holes and offers a lil more tuning options, I'm running it in the 3rd hole from the front, and the steeering is great!

Old 10-30-2006, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

So on the ackerman plate. Is it the thickness of the plate, i.e. the hieght of the inner ball stud for the steering link or is the position of the ball stud on the rack, for and aft? I remember about 3 years ago when I last ran 1/8th buggy with my MBX-5 then, that we had to space up the rack for correct bump steer. Is the MBX-5R rack good enough for this?

Thanks for pics and help.
Old 10-30-2006, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

I'll post a pic of the MBX5R ackerman arm next to the King Headz/Eck-Tec arms, at a flat angle tomorrow night so you can better understand. The R arm is still not offset as need to reduce bumpsteer, so you would still have to space it, but with the King Headz or Eck-Tec arms, they come offset so you just bolt them on.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Ryan..thanks for the pics..
just wondering if the truck wing stands can fit into stock wing? ur wing looks nice, mind telling me what brand is it? thanks..
Old 10-31-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Regular

Yes the kit is made for a stock Mugen wing, that is a Himoto universal fit wing in a couple pics, and a Proline wing in the other pic. I usually run the Proline, but was trying the Himoto out that day. It seems to be a really good wing.
Old 10-31-2006, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Default mr barnes

where can i get one of them covers for the airfilter , do you sell them ,

mike keyes , perth australia .

keep up the good work ,
Old 10-31-2006, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Here are a couple pics to help people better understand the ackerman arms, since you hear of alot of factory drivers putting shims under the ackerman arms or as they say (raising the rack) to reduce bumpsteer. When all you really need is an aftermarket ackerman to solve the problem, such as the one from King Headz.

In the overhead shot the arms appear to be the same.

But when you look at them from level, it's obvious the offset at the end of the King Headz ackerman arm, which raises the steering balls and tie-rod ends, and greatly helps reduce the bumpsteer.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Mike, that prefilter is from OUTERWEARS, and I have a thread on their products here on RCTECH, you can click this link to get to it and it tells you all about them. I think we setup a dealer in Australia, but I'd have to search for the name of that shop. Or you can PM or email me a email address for your local hobby shop and I can have a dealers application sent out. CHEERS!!

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131145

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.