R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-11-2006, 12:56 PM   #466
Tech Regular

TeamRoy,

Look everyone the X losi drive is now a full time forum racer.
Does your wife know that you are on the computer forum racing?

Jason aka (Roy) its good to see you are doing some form of racing. When are you going to make it out to the track? I say you take the offer Ryan B. has for you and show the local guys up.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #467
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to TeamRoy

There is only one brand that I would borrow to race and by the looks of things, that car is too dialed for anyone to want to sit out a race for me to run.
TeamRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 03:08 AM   #468
Tech Regular

hmmm, how can a losi buggy be dialed and winning in just 2 weeks on the market?

Keep trying forum racer.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:13 AM   #469
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYAN BARNES
Tony, did you go and read that R setup from Guillaume's Worlds setup? I don't see me trying that anytime soon. Diffs F-30,000 C-15,000 R-5000 WTF?
man that's some serious heavy dif oil setup. r u sure that he set it up this way? what track condition is he running in?

KYRACER - agree with u on the losi... frankly speaking, i almost bought it home. As how good does it run against MBX5R i'll wait & see. Mind you, MBX5 had come a long way and it's name had speaks himself on major races.

Whatever brand of buggy i'm going to buy for Christmas it had to be better then my Mugen's MBX if not i'll still prefer a Mugen

Last edited by stonely0; 10-12-2006 at 04:37 AM.
stonely0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:55 AM   #470
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyracer
hmmm, how can a losi buggy be dialed and winning in just 2 weeks on the market?

Keep trying forum racer.
Easy answer...geez...I'm surprised you couldn't figure it out on your own.

Adam Drake is fast with an "Eight" = Everyone is fast with an "Eight". Duh.

My god...LOL...just read the thread, it's undefeated in club racing and every single one has been TQ and won every single race they've run it in. Most have dropped their lap times by more than a second just by switching to it.

It must either be that good...or only the one fastest guy at every track in the world just happened to buy one. Maybe they have a screening process or something.

I want to try one just to check it out, but I'm postive I wouldn't make it through the application and screening process...plus it would be damn expensive to swap over everything. But hey...I suppose it would be worth the money if I could win every time.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:01 PM   #471
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I just recently switched from a K3 to a prospec. The eight was out the first week I raced my new buggy. I liked mine and the eight looked awesome and also won. hmmm I thought. Maybe I'd like one.
Then the two weeks later I dialed in my car to my liking and during the main I thought to myself nothing could feel any better than this car does right now. Granted the eight still won and I finished 7th and was off the pace..
But thing is I'd be off the pace no matter what I drove as I'm fairly new to buggy racing. And the guys with the eights are probably the three of the top five best 1/8 drivers in michigan. They all won before with mugens, and with the thunder tigers. I'd like to drive one but it would be an expensive adventure and like I said the prospec felt just awesome and I can't wait to get more time on it. Unfortunately it's snowing now.
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:56 PM   #472
Tech Apprentice

the 8 is a good buggy so is x5r. infact all branded buggy (pro kit) are race worthty if setup correctly and with the right driving technique. The bottomline of buying a buggy is the spare part support and whether do you need to buy a whole lot of spares all over again for a new car. The reason that stop me from switching from my Mugen is that i had a whole lot of spare that are compatible for the newer MBX5R from my older version so it does not make sense to re-invest in another completely different buggy as i believe most of us are not sponsored to run our buggy. I prefer brands that makes improvement from their existing model instead of starting a whole new different model with new parts twice every year. To me this type of product RnR (releasing new models every so often) had an agenda of making money.

somehow i believe the MUGEN MBX5 line had come to it's end with the MBX5R release. and we'll see MBX6 very soon in about 2 years time unless they take the route of Kyosho by adding another R or RRR version Looking at the X5R version to the original X5 one can tell that this buggy had comes a long way and i must say that the Mugen RnR had did a great job on this buggy, their dedication and their altitude in product development is what set them apart from the others. But as the old saying goes... there will comes a time when 'You can't teach an old dogs new tricks" moment on this buggy... so until then guys, we'll run this bug till it's time come and don't forget to reserve a space in your lounge for this well loved buggy when the X6 version arrived.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #473
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have to tell you all that I'm the one that sold JBrow that Mugen and he is running pretty much my setup. The same setup that I spent time on dialing in last winter indoors. I finally talked him to trying that MBX5 and get rid of that K3 he had. I tell you what I qualified third in that A ahead of him and behind to Eights with my Mugen. The eight looks good to me but I blew by one to take the lead, so in my eyes the old prospec is just fine with me. Well a few minutes later I landed crappy off a triple and broke a cvd in the rear. But it was almost more fun for me watching Jeff run the rest of that main knowing that I basically reinstated the "fun" factor into 1/8 scale for him. He went from a guy who quit running buggies to running gas truck. He's a good driver, and the Prospec I personally think makes him look really good out there. Sure an eight ended up winning that day, but they were two sponsored Losi drivers so what does one expect.

Now I too have a decision to make, a new Eight or a new Prospec R???
cwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 10:59 PM   #474
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugenchad

Now I too have a decision to make, a new Eight or a new Prospec R???
i too have the same decision... for some time now. But looking at my MBX there staring back at me i just can't decide. You know the bond that we had after some time by now.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:51 AM   #475
Tech Regular

StonelyO & mugenchad- Stick to your ROOTS, the new MBX5R kit is a joy to assemble!! The fit and finish is just awesome, every detail is perfect, and the new arms, shock towers, steering links and shocks, all work together very well. The Mugen is know for durability and performance, and this new R kit (to this point) performs better and is much more durable and dependable!!!
RYAN BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hehe, Chad has worked out a great setup for the buggies. When I say I dialed it in all I did was switch the rear hubs to long wheelbase and change the ride height and it was perfect

Hey Chad, tell the wife you sold that truggy and see if you end up with a 5R, an eight, or a deck on the house!!
jbrow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:34 AM   #477
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well there's leaves on the track and it snowed all day the other day, and I don't feel like building a damn deck when it's cold out....

I also don't feel like waiting till spring with a roll of money in my pocket....

So sounds like I'm gonna build a new car indoors where it's warm. She's gonna be sooo happy.

But will it be a Losi Eight or a new Mugen? I still can't decide.
cwalters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:48 AM   #478
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I would go with the mugen, The losi is still new, and associated will have one out probaly before spring
Old 10-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #479
Tech Apprentice

Just got back my old RB S7world today from overhual service. fitted into my X5 and re-tuning it... feels weird the needle had all gone haywire, keeps on bogging on me. feel like re-runing & re-tunning it now but it's 11PM now. slacking at home watching Nat Geo and too lazy to cleanup my mugen. just re-setup the shock and charging all batt for tomorrow re-tune mission.

the reason why i send it for overhual is becos recently the powerband had gone weak. slow low end and the transition to high end band i can feel the delay. if it still behave this way i'll had to get a new powerplant. Can't blame it, it had serve me well for the whole last year.

didn't know that associated is releasing a new model soon? any idea what it is? envy u guys can get these American brand so easy. for me i'll had to ship them over. the most popular brand here is X-ray, Kyosho, GS, HPI & Mugen. BTW, i had been looking at the losi 8 all evening tonight on my PC... the more i look the more it looks like a wooden sandle with 4 wheels fitted... the narrow chassis is a breakthrough in desing but damn it looks weird... or is it just me?

Last edited by stonely0; 10-14-2006 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:25 AM   #480
Tech Apprentice

Default The place we race

Just a few pics to show u guys over the Alantic where we race here in the Pacific...

quite decent technical tracks but kinda rocky. I bet u guys had more beautiful tracks.

Last edited by stonely0; 10-14-2006 at 08:46 AM.