R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 09-10-2006, 12:56 AM   #421
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to 12a_rx2

what do you think the price will be about to comvert a prospec to an "R", as i'm lookin at buying a prospec for the state tites but dont want my car to be outdated a few weeks after i buy it
and also dont want to be to much out of pocket

Last edited by 12a_rx2; 09-10-2006 at 01:16 AM.
12a_rx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 05:35 AM   #422
Tech Fanatic

I'd consider getting the stock and then purchasing the R parts since
shock towers, and susp. mounts are new parts, being the shock towers near $80, I could say that for 150-200 could convert it to R. looking at the price will give me an insight of the entire new parts and the total cost of convert to R.
Old 09-10-2006, 06:20 AM   #423
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I had been running a MBX5 Standard kit loaded up with all the KingHeadz parts for the last two years. For the Nats this past July at the Farm2, I decided to pick up a brand new ProSpec kit and give my old car to my son. As soon as I got the new kit, I sold the ProSpec front & rear shock towers, chassis braces, ackerman and front & rear shock sets on Ebay. I got really good money for them too. I used my KingHeadz towers & ackerman and old shocks on my new ProSpec at the Nats. I already have the X5T servo-saver, 4mm steering link ends and X5T shock set. I'm just waiting on the MBX5R shock towers and gray springs to complete my conversion. The arms and chassis are just a running change on the new R to accomodate the increased shock travel. I'll eventually replace the arms and chassis with updated pieces as I wear out or break any old ones. Or maybe just get them now and give my current arms to my son for spares on the old MBX5. But I spoke to Kris Moore from Mugen and he said you can get away with dremeling the old arms and chassis to get the travel out of the new shocks. As soon as I get the towers and springs, I'll let everyone here know how it goes with the arms and chassis. Plus I'll take pics.

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:39 AM   #424
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Advice needed:
I like to run a radio switch in my buggy. My last one lasted ~1.5 seasons with no problems. I needed to switch to have more conventional connectors and after 8 weeks I am having my power cut out occasionally. It is definitely the switch itself and not the wires. Does anybody have any experience with a switch they find to be exceptional? I really prefer it to hard wiring/connectors.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:53 AM   #425
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

http://www.kopropo.com/accessories.htm

2nd from the top in the left column.
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #426
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wow! That is a pretty serious switch.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 03:44 PM   #427
Tech Master

it f'in sweet. I have one for 2 years now and it works as well as it did when it was new. Kinda cumbersome to mount in some cars, the at the push of a button, its on or off, very reliable, resistant to minor fuel splashes.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:48 AM   #428
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

that switch looks awesome, but where in the heck would you mount it on the mugen?

I to had the same problem with my switch this weekend....
sand geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:54 PM   #429
Tech Master

I had mine on my battery box lid, but that was on my MBX4. You could mount it on the plastic mudguard?
Old 09-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #430
Tech Regular

Has anyone got there hands on the new MBX5 R parts and tryed them yet? I wounder how the updated parts will improve the buggy?
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #431
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

LOL...not exactly a thoough evaluation, but I put the servo saver on mine. It went right on, I just had ot shorten the shaft a little. It works pretty much the same.

Well actually, I had to go to a lower hole on my servo arm and up my EPAs and ended up with a little more steering throw than I had before. Not sure how, but it did.
Turbo Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #432
Tech Apprentice

Default MBX 5 Rockz!

hmm... after lmost 3 yrs the MBX 5 seems to be running strong. i bought mine used abt a yr ago and since then had undergone a few upgrades bottom line is this buggy rockz! I have got another box of un-assemble MBX 5 newer version but not the prospec i keep for spares...been very fustrated with getting spares locally and order oversea a couple of critical parts cost as much as half the price of a new kit so i figure a new kit is much worth it.

I like Mugen's style of releasing the updated parts of this buggy e.g MBX 5 prospec, and the coming R version as that will save alot on spares unlike other band with a gazillion range of different buggy model a year.

By the way, Steve (of Speedtech nitro) thanks for cancelling my order last week as i couldn't afford to wait for the shipment for my race. you rockz too! You're a nice man unlike certain online hobby shop who do not take order cancellation upon transaction. I had source the parts from a fellow racer for the race last week. now taking stock of worn parts and will order from u soon.

for the rest,... keep the rubber side down and happy racing with the X5
stonely0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:48 AM   #433
Tech Apprentice

Default R version

anyone had their hands on the R version yet? does the new version had bigger RX compartment? I ran a failsafe system on normal practice and i had no way to squeeze everything into the RX compartment. In the end, i had to mod the RX cover by drilling 4 holes and zip tie the failsafe ontop with 3m thick doubleside tape as cushion.

I hope the R version will had a bigger RX compartment
Old 10-01-2006, 08:49 AM   #434
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by devious17
anyone tried 7k front ,10k center ,5k rear diff oil on an dry clay track?

I tried 5k front 7k center and 3k rear and prematurey worn out 2 pairs of front tyres due to tyre spinning . This is because the straights isnt really straight so when I WOT on the 'straights' the front left tyre spins more than the right as the straight is curving slightly to the left.

The MBX5 needs a stronger front bumper me thinks.
now that you mention that the car veer to the left... i also had the same problem running 5K 7K 3K. Been running this combi for the diff eversince day one and i thought that the veering to the left is a radio/servo glitch but no matter how i center the steering servo arm it still do the same it happened when i do WOT straight but on stationary everyhing looks centered.

I'll change the combi for the diff oil and see how it goes. by the way, what combi did you guys used?
Old 10-01-2006, 04:47 PM   #435
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonely0
anyone had their hands on the R version yet? does the new version had bigger RX compartment? I ran a failsafe system on normal practice and i had no way to squeeze everything into the RX compartment. In the end, i had to mod the RX cover by drilling 4 holes and zip tie the failsafe ontop with 3m thick doubleside tape as cushion.

I hope the R version will had a bigger RX compartment
same size. no one runs a fail safe. it causes more troubles than solves
RJE72a is offline   Reply With Quote