R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-25-2006, 05:48 PM   #346
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
There will be another desigh when one is needed. Nobody knows if or when. Come to think of it, by this logic Kyosho hasn't released a new car since the Inferno. They are just a long string of updates.

New buggy?... historically an announcement will come after the Worlds, my guess is we will see a new Mugen buggy by Nov. Purely an educated guess on my part....but I'll take the action if anyone is interested
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:50 PM   #347
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

since when does the prospec come with plastic center diff mounts? A friend of mine ran his for the first time today and couldn't believe what I saw. Is this why the price dropped by $100?
o.s. power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #348
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power
since when does the prospec come with plastic center diff mounts? A friend of mine ran his for the first time today and couldn't believe what I saw. Is this why the price dropped by $100?
mine came with plastic center mounts (that is standard)...never posed a problem, never backed out
Old 06-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #349
Tech Master

so I guess 2 peice center diff mount means a front and rear mount then.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:07 PM   #350
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Nope, the MBX5 has plastic center diff mounts that split in the middle. Aside from the brake linkage the center diff comes off with 4 screws. The mbx 5 has always had plastic center diff mounts. I thought all 1/8th buggies did.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #351
Tech Master

I thought mugen advertised on the website they had the alloy 2 peice diff mounts, hence the "prospec" name. All buggies do have plastic mounts and they blow. I would at least like some diecast mounts though, at least they are metal.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:32 AM   #352
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by o.s. power
I thought mugen advertised on the website they had the alloy 2 peice diff mounts, hence the "prospec" name. All buggies do have plastic mounts and they blow. I would at least like some diecast mounts though, at least they are metal.

you don't need them in the least due to the multiple screws on a graphite top plate and very stiff material...but if you want to spend the money look at the K factory items

http://www.kfactoryracing.com/produc...8107&pageNum=2

(think speedtech may carry them)

The only addtional items I added to the Prospec kit was the King Headz suspension blocks and a Fioroni chassis when the stock chassis needed to be replaced. The kit has been bullet proof.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:34 AM   #353
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

My ProSpec is box stock except for a King Headz ackerman link (which is going to be replaced by a Racer's Edge ackerman link in a continued effort to kill the bump steer), Eck-Tec mud scrapers for the rear hubs and a Dynamite throttle/brake linkage.

I'm fussy, and even I don't believe anything on the car truly needs to be upgraded from the box other than the ackerman link.
SkarTisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #354
Tech Regular

What is the hole idea of having 0 deg. of bump steer in offroad? Is the hole idea of less bump steer in offroad will increase corner speed? I understand the idea in onroad where the surface is smooth and more predictable.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #355
Tech Master

My understanding of it is to get rid of bump steer so that your toe-in angles don't change through your suspension compression so that the car is more predictable. The best example I can think of this is landing off a jump into a turn. If you land on one of the front wheels first, and the steering wheel is turned, the car can wiggle (slightly) as the suspension compresses.

I'll agree that this is less of an issue in off-road than on-road, but you'll likely feel a difference on a very high bite track.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:06 PM   #356
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

New Mugen MBX5T ...on their way

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #357
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to SavageGoZoom Send a message via MSN to SavageGoZoom

Ya I saw that earlier today.. im so stoked! Looks sweet... Needs some 94359's, 2050 pipe, and PP&Ped rossi 528 if u ask me
SavageGoZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:05 AM   #358
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Mine will sport the same engine and pipe as in the picture. Ninja and Ninja 2053 pipe

For electronics, Hitec Titanium digital 5955 on steering and 5997 on T/B with a 2,000mah LiPo (direct, no regulator). Super torque and speed

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:13 PM   #359
Tech Regular

Startisue,
I see your point on a jump and the land is not dead on straight but if you change the bump steer to 0 deg. it will effect the enter and exit of turns. I run my setup with pos. bump steer (toe out with shocks fully extended) because it gives me more onpower steering. Which in return allows me to pull out of the turn tighter. A great passing point for me.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:58 AM   #360
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyracer
Startisue,
I see your point on a jump and the land is not dead on straight but if you change the bump steer to 0 deg. it will effect the enter and exit of turns. I run my setup with pos. bump steer (toe out with shocks fully extended) because it gives me more onpower steering. Which in return allows me to pull out of the turn tighter. A great passing point for me.
I run that way too because I can't get rid of the damned bump steer! LOL If I could get rid of the bump steer, and found that I needed more exit steering, there's about 54781698165 ways to improve that handling trait on the car.