Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You got the rb fuel gun? I'm probably going to have to check this out... Have you compared it to the dynamite one?
Old 04-18-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What Handeling diferences will you get by using the long springs verses the standard springs? What springs come in the Pro Spec kit?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Powerby,

We spoke about the short springs on page 7 I beleave. This is some info I brought over.

"kyracer... the shorter springs, be they blue, gray, or white, are a good tuning option for tracks with a variety of terrain. It is wrong to assume, though, that a shorter spring will reduce you travel. You will still have the same amount of travel, the spring will just be compressed more for its size thus creating the progressive feel. A shorter Shock Tower will reduce your up travel, but not the spring.

If you have a fairly rough track with larger jumps and you experience bottoming problems, i.e. the chassis is slapping the ground, try the short blues. Soft for good rough handling, but the spring rate ramps up more at the end of its travel than the standard gray, or blue for that matter. just an option."

I will check out the RB concept gun. THANKS
Old 04-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

this has probably been covered somewhere on the forums, but what is the latest on a new mugen off road kit? anything confirmed/denied? i'd like to get a mugen kit, but don't want a prospec if it's going to be be outdated soon. thanks guys.

Scott
Old 04-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Tech Addict

Talking New shocks!!

Hi guys,just noticed the new shocks and shoc towers,they seem to be sold as an upgrade kit,maybe ,nice! Check this out... http://www.team-savoie.com/xoops/html/modules/news/
Old 04-24-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I haven't tried any fuel guns yet, but from what I've heard from my friends on the West coast, the new ProLine fuel gun is the shizzle!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rccars4scott
this has probably been covered somewhere on the forums, but what is the latest on a new mugen off road kit? anything confirmed/denied? i'd like to get a mugen kit, but don't want a prospec if it's going to be be outdated soon. thanks guys.

Scott
The Mugen may have been around for the last two years plus, but the car has seen many running changes. Scott Hughes TQ'd and won the recent SilverState race with a MBX5. The track was totally blown out and guys were having major trouble, yet Scott SMOKED the field. Every factory driver in the US was there as well as many International drivers. The car is still good even though they are working on a new car and truck due later this summer. Parts availability is great, prices are low and the car is by far the most durable buggy out there. Plus you can get a new X5 or ProSpec for dirt cheap now. Mugen is blowing out the kits at awesome prices.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Anyone want to trade a couple right front lower arms for a couple left front lower arms?

I'm going to go and get a couple pairs...but for some reason, I seem to only break left lower arms. Well, there's a good reason actually...the two fastest turns on our track are left and they both have vertical pipes on the inside.

Great buggy, though...it's my first 1/8th buggy and I'm hooked. Very tough car.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, apart from changing to the prospec hinge pins what can I do to prevent the E clip from being bent and subsequently popped off the pin?

Anyone encountered this problem and remedied it without having to replace the item to the prospec item?
Old 04-25-2006, 05:15 AM
cnk
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You could put a dab of Shoo Goo on the clips.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default Chad Bradley´s setup???????

Hello, I suppose all you have read Chad Bradley´s Basic set up in
Carolinarc.
But I saw in this set up Chad Doesn’t say nothing about Front Kick up.
Anybody know which is the basic set up of front kick up?
Thanks in advance
Old 04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Where is everyone getting the jlb shocks?
Old 04-25-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Not sure on the JLB shocks.

I run the KMW shocks on my MSR, and they seem just as nice as the JLB shocks. They're not Teflon coated, but anodized nicely and hold up very well.

They are available through TKO Racing

Old 04-26-2006, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As far as set-ups go, I recommend going to mugenracing.com and getting Jason Ashton's set-up. Anyone of them will do as they don't differ by much at all. The set-ups off of this site are printed on the actual mugen mbx5 set-up sheet. Chad Bradley's are there as well, but I believe the Aston set-ups to be easier to achieve and closer to stock.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arushmen
Hello, I suppose all you have read Chad Bradley´s Basic set up in
Carolinarc.
But I saw in this set up Chad Doesn’t say nothing about Front Kick up.
Anybody know which is the basic set up of front kick up?
Thanks in advance
I have been running the new Scott Hughes set-up that Mugen Japan recently posted on their site after his Silver State win.

http://www.mugenseiki.co.jp/mugen/menuejfi.htm

lots of steering

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.