R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #151
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Wait, a truggy for you too?!?!?! I wonder if the touring car guys will miss us.

I had a great first outing with my Mugen as well, the engine is just about there (with a few more tweak on the low-end and i think I'll be good )
Love this car! And John, you and I have to work on our schedule so I don't show up at the track right when you're leaving!!!

Steve Wang

A Truggy...oh yeah no doubt! (doubt that I'll be missed at TCS in the near future )

I'm sure we will chat this week to align schedules. (BTW thanks again for all the help getting up to speed with the P5X Hot Mod...very quick!)

John
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM   #152
Tech Regular

I just got a new ProSpec. I was told the diffs. leak and that there is a diff. ring seals it much better then the stock ones. Does anyone know which diff rings fix the problem?
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:57 PM   #153
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

You can get them on ebay. Seller ID is calnitro. They fix the leaking problem. Make sure to grease them with Associated green slime or something rubber safe.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Davidka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:23 PM   #154
Tech Regular

are u sure it calnitro brand??
Old 02-13-2006, 07:08 AM   #155
Tech Champion

That's what I bought. I couldn't find any of his auctions so they might not be available right now. McMaster Carr also sells the correct size for upgrade.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #156
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Lebatek

Chances are fairly high that if their diffs were leaking, they were filled with too much silicone fluid. I have used the stock MBX5 Prospec seals for an entire season without any leaking.

Sponsored by: Team Associated, Reedy, Airtronics, LRP, and Mugen
Lebatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #157
Tech Regular

I just got the buggy and have not even been on the track yet. I was just wanting to pick up a set of the O rings just in case.
One thing you dont ever want to have is leakage of lube.
Old 02-13-2006, 03:29 PM   #158
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Lebatek

Lube leakage sounds bad in any scenario! LOL

Sponsored by: Team Associated, Reedy, Airtronics, LRP, and Mugen
Lebatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #159
Tech Master

can anyone tell me who makes this alloy front end part? (pic is from the recent race in Holland)
Attached Thumbnails
MBX5-indoorholland-99.jpg   MBX5-indoorholland-98.jpg  

Last edited by madjack; 02-22-2006 at 05:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:36 AM   #160
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hmm... Interesting. An aluminum one-piece mount to replace the E106A/B blocks. Not sure who makes it?

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #161
Tech Champion

I'm on road guy just come back from watching pre world ifmar championship 2006. I'm impressed with off road buggy, they are tough .... and because I am mugen seiki loyalist so I decided to choose mbx5 prospec. Is this car good ? what part(s) break often or need special attention ?

os v spec b is enough ?

do i need a starter box ? can i use the starter box from mtx3 / mtx4 ?
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:53 AM   #162
Tech Champion

The Mbx5 is as good as a buggy gets. You will not be disapointed. You may want to get some oversized o-rings for your diffs (they help to reduce leakage) from carolinasrc.com.

A V-spec is plenty of motor but it has weak bearings that will likely need them replaced after a few races. BOCA makes quality replacements for reasonable costs.

You can't use an on road starter box with a buggy. The starter wheel is parallel with the chassis and in a buggy the starter wheel needs to be perpendicular to the chassis. Some starter boxes can be reconfigured but it's better to just have a box specifically set up for your buggy.

Old 03-08-2006, 12:01 AM   #163
Tech Regular

Madjack,

I have know clue who make it because I never have seen it before. I noticed something in the photo maybe you could help out. Are those different types of shock? They seem like the have been polished, which look sweeeet.

Something else I noticed The buggy has some large knoby tires and the rear chassis brace is removed. I dont know if the person is changing parts but it makes me think under very slick conditions removing the rear brace can improve traction. It would be a shame to bend a 3mm chassis
Old 03-08-2006, 07:14 AM   #164
Tech Champion

THe shocks look like JLB racing shocks. They are the standard Mugen shocks that have been hard coated (much harder than hard anodizing which would be a huge improvement over that stock). They can be purchased from Tarheel Racing in North Carolina. Pricey though.

The front brace might be made by Eck-Tec. That is a guess based on the color that it's been anodized and I think that the car is being raced in Europe since we haven't seen any of those Mario Rossi/Falcon/Ninja engines over here yet. I have a steering drag link from them and it's very nice

Old 03-08-2006, 09:34 AM   #165
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka
THe shocks look like JLB racing shocks. They are the standard Mugen shocks that have been hard coated (much harder than hard anodizing which would be a huge improvement over that stock). They can be purchased from Tarheel Racing in North Carolina. Pricey though.

The front brace might be made by Eck-Tec. That is a guess based on the color that it's been anodized and I think that the car is being raced in Europe since we haven't seen any of those Mario Rossi/Falcon/Ninja engines over here yet. I have a steering drag link from them and it's very nice
FYI - I did receive a message back from the car owner on the neo-buggy.net site.

response is as follows:

Hi folks, my name is Stewart Wilcox, this is my car pictured at the recent indoor meeting in Holland. The front top upper wishbone mount is the M-Mod mount from Mugen Germany, just mounted upside down to produce a lower arm angle. Shocks are std Mugen parts, just chrome plated for smoother operation. These should be coming from Mugen soon.
Thanks