R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2006, 12:31 AM   #136
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 357
Default

Thanks for the info on the setup. I will use the Ashton setup for starters.

tony montana, let me know how the setup works if you try it soon. It will be until March before I will get to try the setup.

V spec: Why is it soo important to use a brand pipe? I thougth all you had to choice from is a low, mid, and high range pipe.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:19 AM   #137
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,764
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default Kenji Osaka's car

Mugen's Kenji Osaka's recent victory in Japan with the MBX5 appears to have some different parts on his car?

shock towers(lower, no spacers?)
shock bodies (shorter?)
countersunk upperdeck

Could we be seeing a preview of a new car before the worlds in August?
Attached Thumbnails
MBX5-2006jocc_sshc-mbx5.jpg  
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #138
Tech Fanatic
 
krisnata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die
Posts: 797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
Mugen's Kenji Osaka's recent victory in Japan with the MBX5 appears to have some different parts on his car?

shock towers(lower, no spacers?)
shock bodies (shorter?)
countersunk upperdeck

Could we be seeing a preview of a new car before the worlds in August?

looks like regular MBX5 prospec to me, except the new Ninja engine on it
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #139
Tech Champion
 
tony montana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Leonardtown Md.
Posts: 6,110
Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)
Default

looks the same to me also
__________________
K.C. Guy. Team Xray - rc america
tony montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:05 PM   #140
Tech Adept
 
SavageGoZoom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Kent, Wa.
Posts: 206
Send a message via AIM to SavageGoZoom Send a message via MSN to SavageGoZoom
Default

tofay I got linkage junk, body to get painted, and decide on pipe so it should be up and running soon
SavageGoZoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2006, 09:30 PM   #141
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 690
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Id definately expect a new car by the worlds. Maybe not to the public but I would bet it will have some changes for the mugen guys cars that are attending the race.

And Kyracer, Ive talked to a lot of people and regardless of how the pipe is designed, some just work better with some motors. Id say that you wont have any trouble out of yours, you just may see slightly better resluts with the OS pipe.
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #142
Tech Addict
 
Ilias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 504
Default

Hi! NismoSkyline17,nice buggy,do you know who makes these protective covers for the cvds? I really want them...
Ilias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 08:28 AM   #143
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,764
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisnata
looks like regular MBX5 prospec to me, except the new Ninja engine on it
The comment was based on the different color shock bodies and shock towers (silver vs the normal gun metal grey)
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #144
Tech Fanatic
 
krisnata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Everybody wants to go to Heaven..... but Nobody wants to die
Posts: 797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
The comment was based on the different color shock bodies and shock towers (silver vs the normal gun metal grey)
I saw Kenji's car at FEMCA few months ago, and I knew Kenji is sanding the shock bodi with sand paper to make it bright. For shock tower he might do the same...........
krisnata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #145
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,764
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

any of the Mugen MBX5 faithful on this page use the King Headz parts with any success? (suspension blocks)

your feed back is appreciated,

John
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:12 AM   #146
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 357
Default

runnin rc10,

Thanks Ryan for the info. I will stick with the JP2 for now. Not sure if I will even stay with the V spec. Seeing that I have 2 V spec engines now, I may sell the new one to go with RB Concept 3 port. One thing I do like is the great fuel milage with V power. A easy hard 8 min. of running which is great for 15 min. mains. To me a 1 pit stop is much better then passing someone on a drag race down the straight.
kyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 06:23 AM   #147
Tech Master
 
TonysScrews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 1,660
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
any of the Mugen MBX5 faithful on this page use the King Headz parts with any success? (suspension blocks)

your feed back is appreciated,

John
Hi John,

Both my X5 and MSR X5T are both fitted with the complete KingHeadz Mugen sets, plus the front -1 kickup block and rear toe blocks. The X5 has the center diff top plate too. These pieces aren't in the complete sets.

As for performance, up until CRCRC, I never broke a single part on the X5 for 1-1/2 years. At CRCRC I spun out at the end of the straight to avoid a car that hit the wall and another car hit me WOT and broke the lower left rear arm. The KingHeadz parts are top notch....

CNC 7075 and made in the USA. Their customer service is top notch too.

Overall, I didn't gain any weight with the KH parts either. The towers and hingepin supports are a few grams heavier, but the center chassis braces are much lighter than stock braces. The brass inserts in the front tower are the shizzle. Extended motor mounts eliminate the flex in the center of the chassis. If you're running the stock X5 mounts, you'll see the clutchbell hits the chassis from slight flex. This flex can cause you to eat clutch bell bearings. The shock towers are super strong. Mine are all the dark anodized blue, but I know they made a few sets in black anno.

Best regards,
__________________
Tony P.

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:54 AM   #148
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,764
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonysScrews
Hi John,

Both my X5 and MSR X5T are both fitted with the complete KingHeadz Mugen sets, plus the front -1 kickup block and rear toe blocks. The X5 has the center diff top plate too. These pieces aren't in the complete sets.

As for performance, up until CRCRC, I never broke a single part on the X5 for 1-1/2 years. At CRCRC I spun out at the end of the straight to avoid a car that hit the wall and another car hit me WOT and broke the lower left rear arm. The KingHeadz parts are top notch....

CNC 7075 and made in the USA. Their customer service is top notch too.

Overall, I didn't gain any weight with the KH parts either. The towers and hingepin supports are a few grams heavier, but the center chassis braces are much lighter than stock braces. The brass inserts in the front tower are the shizzle. Extended motor mounts eliminate the flex in the center of the chassis. If you're running the stock X5 mounts, you'll see the clutchbell hits the chassis from slight flex. This flex can cause you to eat clutch bell bearings. The shock towers are super strong. Mine are all the dark anodized blue, but I know they made a few sets in black anno.

Best regards,
Tony,

Great info. thanks! Sounds like the parts will be a welcome addition to the Prospec (maiden voyage this week with the new car!)

John
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 08:41 AM   #149
Tech Master
 
madjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Orange County
Posts: 1,764
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to madjack
Default

Ran the chassis for the first time last week at Revelation very happy! (Tony, thanks for the King Headz info.)

looking forward to another week of testing...need to find a bit more high speed steering.

Also heard a rumor that the new Mugen Truggy will be seen testing trackside in the next few weeks with an early summer release. (let me know when the pre order list will be up Steve!)
madjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #150
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjack
Ran the chassis for the first time last week at Revelation very happy! (Tony, thanks for the King Headz info.)

looking forward to another week of testing...need to find a bit more high speed steering.

Also heard a rumor that the new Mugen Truggy will be seen testing trackside in the next few weeks with an early summer release. (let me know when the pre order list will be up Steve!)
Wait, a truggy for you too?!?!?! I wonder if the touring car guys will miss us.

I had a great first outing with my Mugen as well, the engine is just about there (with a few more tweak on the low-end and i think I'll be good )
Love this car! And John, you and I have to work on our schedule so I don't show up at the track right when you're leaving!!!

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS Mugen MBX5-T Prospec & MBX5-R Both less than 3 gallons! V-Spec Less than 1 gallon! ffpm46 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 08-01-2008 06:27 PM
whats the difference mbx5 prospec / mbx5 r lynell90 Nitro Off-Road 6 04-24-2008 02:31 PM
Mugen MBX5 Electric Conversion, MBX5 and MBX5R Spare Parts! Cain R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 04-10-2008 03:16 PM
Mugen MBX5, MBX5 Pro Spec, MBX5R Differences Cain Nitro Off-Road 12 10-01-2007 10:35 AM
MBX5 or MBX5 PROSPEC? Realworld differences? Jeel Electric Off-Road 5 12-05-2004 07:46 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net