Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

How competitive is a MP7.5 in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 01:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The 7.5 is more than enough to have fun the few times at the track. You will need stiffer springs which are difficult to get for the old small bore shocks, if you are really interested in racing a set of mp9 shocks and springs and their upper shock mounts will fit right on and be the biggest upgrade you can fit. I'll put a setup sheet with the best settings for me, should be a good start for you.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
The 7.5 is more than enough to have fun the few times at the track. You will need stiffer springs which are difficult to get for the old small bore shocks, if you are really interested in racing a set of mp9 shocks and springs and their upper shock mounts will fit right on and be the biggest upgrade you can fit. I'll put a setup sheet with the best settings for me, should be a good start for you.
Darn, and I just bought a set of front shock shafts as spares (I only had 1 new one left)! Oh well that's Ok. I'm only likely to every buy one new car, I'll always keep 1 of my 2 modded 7.5's. Lets talk chassis plates for a second, I have a fiorini which I bought off ebay a few years back for a decent price and has held up quite well and is currently installed on my nitro. I'm at a loss a loss with other OEM plates such as the original USsports and NEO - they bend and tweak constantly. Not like I ram into a lot of stuff, just the odd flip. The 7.5 just seems destined to bend chassis plates, and I can't justify $100+ plates all the time. 777 CNC plates are scarce now and very expensive. Is it just the 7.5 or are all platforms at risk of this.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Get the competition 7.5 chassis and shock towers instead of the 777 as they are different. I have two "pro" chassis plates well used and the RTR one, no comparison in strength. Should still be some on vendors. Later today I'll attach the sheet. The fioroni was good too!
Old 08-24-2020, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Get the competition 7.5 chassis and shock towers instead of the 777 as they are different. I have two "pro" chassis plates well used and the RTR one, no comparison in strength. Should still be some on vendors. Later today I'll attach the sheet. The fioroni was good too!
Yes I pulled the trigger on that Fioroni years ago and got it for a steal at around $60 - now there are no more competition products left for this buggy but any oem chassis you find is $$$$. I searched for hours for a decent chassis ignoring pricing. Fioroni dumped the item, can't find any others at all when scouring the internet. This is really my fear about this car, everybody telling me it's a good buggy and not to upgrade unless I race - but I can't find parts anymore. NEO is the same but companies no longer care about RTR models so they've dropped compatible product lines. I looked up "competition rc" and found nothing. Is competition a name or were you just using it generically?

Last edited by marcosphoto; 08-24-2020 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Yes generic term as the 7.5 is mostly know for RTR. I have a shop that say they have the race/competition chassis available, this. Can't seem to find my setup sheet, well the changes where mostly on the rear end.
Old 09-14-2020, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yes generic term as the 7.5 is mostly know for RTR. I have a shop that say they have the race/competition chassis available, this. Can't seem to find my setup sheet, well the changes where mostly on the rear end.
Hi there, guess you never found that setup sheet then? Was still interested in doing some stuff before winter - but a broke a tooth on my spur and all 3 compatible parts are b/o.
Old 09-15-2020, 02:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marcosphoto
Hi there, guess you never found that setup sheet then? Was still interested in doing some stuff before winter - but a broke a tooth on my spur and all 3 compatible parts are b/o.
Yep no luck finding it... So here goes the changes, rear camber link using the inside hole on the upright, -1 camber and top hole on the bottom of the upright. Front 2.1mm roll bar, B kick up parts (think it's stock...) and front holes on the steering rack.

If not mistaken the hyper 7 spur is compatible.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yep no luck finding it... So here goes the changes, rear camber link using the inside hole on the upright, -1 camber and top hole on the bottom of the upright. Front 2.1mm roll bar, B kick up parts (think it's stock...) and front holes on the steering rack.
If not mistaken the hyper 7 spur is compatible.
Thanks for the info, I shall investigate changing setup. Too hard to find parts for the 7.5, now I'm stuck (I've checked the Hyper7, different case hole locations) and a buggy is sidelined. There are other brands like redcat/hsp that are very compatible but like anything here in Canada there is nothing around - have to do expensive shipping from the states. There is a roller TKI4 kit that I can buy not too far from me for $250, I think I am going to go for it - giving up on the 7.5's I think. Too bad, recently bought $250 spares but I only bought collision concern ones rather than wear concern ones.
Old 09-16-2020, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

I have a torsen diff intended for a 7 that I think it fits, only put both diffs side by side for the moment...

About wear, the drivetrain is very good. This car has had at least 10 gallons through various engines and everything is still fine, the cardans are a bit sloppy and outdrives showing wear but otherwise very good car.

The tki4 is a better car but in my opinion too lightweight, front end could be stouter like the 7.5.
Old 09-16-2020, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hot bodies spurs should bolt up
Old 09-17-2020, 01:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
Almost forgot that! Yep the d81x is closely related to the 7.5.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

HPI too I think.
Old 09-17-2020, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
Almost forgot that! Yep the d81x is closely related to the 7.5.
You guys could be right, the hotbodies HBS67428 HBSC1041 109841 appear to be similar. Problem is I can`t find these in Canada either :-(
Old 09-18-2020, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Well there's our issue! So what are our options?
Old 09-18-2020, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

where in canada? in BC allot of shops carry HB racing, pm hobbycraft in calgary carries kyosho. not sure about east.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.