R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-10-2009, 08:16 AM   #1096
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

I haven't driven the R2 yet but if it is anything like the C1, it will be as durable as a tank but a lot lighter than the C1. The Cen Matrix is a good car for a beginner to expert.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #1097
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

FYI

I have a upgraded Buggy for sale.
.............CEN MATRIX FRE BUGGY ROLLER................

Let me know if your interested. I have losi shocks on it now which I could add to it if your interested.
sweepracingusa.com
smc-racing.net

Last edited by fuzz86; 03-10-2009 at 01:26 PM.
fuzz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #1098
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
i need some help finding outdrive's for the c/d anyone know where to look?

thnx
Woodstockrc carries alot of CEN parts on the shelf. If they dont have it they can get it. If you need something right away let me know I should have it.
sweepracingusa.com
smc-racing.net
fuzz86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #1099
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernotb View Post
I am looking for a truggy and have seen one of these for sale and want some feedback as to if they are any good. I just want something to run at club level as a second class. It has the following parts

Factory Race chassis
Dace wheel adapters to convert your truggy to a 17mm hex to give you a much better wheel and tyre choice
CNC 7075 ali upgrades on suspension plates
CNC 7075 ali front steering knuckles
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium Engine Mounts
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium Ackerman steering plate
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium front lower suspension plate
CNC 7075 aircraft grade aluminium front and rear upper turnbuckles
CNC aluminium Cen FRE centre diff brace
CNC aluminium Cen FRE brace post
Kosho lightened centre rear and centre front drive train universals
lightened 66T spur gear
The motor is a Force .21 rear exhaust in excellent condition (heaps of compression) and hardly used, maybe 2 ltrs total.

New FRE vented clutch bell, new Cen FRE ali clutch shoes, springs and bearings were also fitted along with a new team lossi sports pipe and header.

thanks.
hey bud, that is a truggy that i built to order. It has a truckload of hop ups compared to the FRE Arena and last time I saw it was in near new condition. I don't think the guy selling it has used it at all (certainly hasn't raced it). If you are still keen pm me your contact details and i'll get the guy to contact you.
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #1100
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

New Cen Matrix Arena FRE roller for sale with extras!!

CEN MATRIX ARENA FACTORY RACE EDITION

PM me if you have any interest in it, Thanks!
hudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:28 AM   #1101

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I got a roller and am trying to get the motor to work, it was mounted in a savage.

Last edited by roadrashracing; 03-15-2009 at 12:31 PM.
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #1102

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Is there differnet length clutch bells because the spur gear is just hitting the base of the bell teeth.
roadrashracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #1103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

... anyone knows a witch ?, im cursed !!

Well guys, this is the race report from my last race, helded 14th and 15th March 2009 at "Team Talca" Track :

Saturday 14th. Activities started about 14hrs, i put together my stuff, charged batteries and went to try out the track. My idea was to test couple tires to decide what to use on qualies first. I ended choosing VP PRO 803 Strikers for the first 2 qualies. On the first 10 minutes run i did sort of good but i was getting too much traction so couple traction rolls during my run, for the second 10 minutes qualy i decided to cut the outer and inner pins of the tire, great results very fast but still a little uncomfortable with too much traction and as i felt comfortable with the rest of the setup i decided to give a try to VP PRO 802 Cutoffs and was a very good idea. End of the day about 21.00hrs and 4th position for A-Main as qualy result, i was very very happy and worked couple hours on the car checking everything. Remember that im racing the Matrix R2 "RTR" so i prefer to double check everything before each race.

Sunday morning, finals. The A-Main on my country championship its 40 minutes long. During the pre-race practice i noted the track was a little more loose and i was using a very agressive diff setup (7-7-3) so i was feeling a little understeer and just a tab loose on the rear, i just adjusted the suspension to seat the car lower and there we went !. I started on 4th position, drifted a little too much on the start but i managed to at least not get stuck on heavy traffic on the first curve, too sad couple guys cut the track and race director didnt paid attention (will see on the video). All was very good up to minute 9 or 10 aprox and by that point i was leading the race by 1/4 of track lenght or so when suddenly while a landing on the big triple jump my engine stops, GO Engines are very reliable so first thing in mind was loose clutchbell or something like that. After a slow run of marshal to the pits my pitman checked everything, couple minutes later all was "checked" but the engine didnt start yet ... changed glow plug and nothing and suddenly my pitman see that the pipe holder was loose, and the pipe was pressing the fuel line arrrghhh !!, he loosed the fuel line and the engine came alive again. Almost 6 minutes on the pits was a very bad situation, but i continued racing from last position and managed to end 7th by the end of the a-main. Hope to do it better next time after a sould cleaning by a witch lol !!! to kill bad luck !!.

All my equipment worked great, 802 VP PRO Tires were great and almost no wear after 10 minute qualy + 40 minutes a-main and the engine did it great piting at 8 1/2 - 9 minutes with a full runtime of 10 minutes and 37 seconds on 6.5mm restrictor and 0801 GO Pipe and as fast (and faster) as any other engine at the track.

This is how the a-main ended :

You can watch the video here : http://www.vimeo.com/3759989

cya !

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:58 PM   #1104
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

So what are the main differences between to C-1 and the R2 ?
Are there still gonna be parts for the C-1?
kaotickc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #1105
Tech Elite

Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #1106
Tech Elite

Well guys, just came from the 5th stage of the national championship in my country (6 stages on first semester, 6 stages on second one) ... my bad luck its still with me, but the performance of my cars its awesome right now.

Truggy. A lot of time without racing truggy class and the car performed excellent, fast and precise, i ended making the TQ so was very optimistic about A-Main (40 minutes). Just prior to the start of a-main i discovered that my engine was flaming out badly and thats very strange due to the fact my engine performed flawlesly just couple hours before !. I started leading the A-Main but just after the start i ended flaming out again, 2 more and i decided to stop the car not going back to the track. After inspection, one of the clutch spings went out from the nut that holds it so it blocked my transmission, DAMN !!!, i think its my fault as i usually use CEN nuts or OFNA ones and during inspection i discovered i installed an old mugen style nut, wich its very "plane" on the "waist" part of it, so the spring came off easily ... that was it for me ...

Buggy. During qualifying, my first round was awesome, VP PRO 803 Strikers tyres were awesome hooked to the trood desition on differential and suspension setup. I ended 2nd just 8 seconds behind the leader. On second round and after half qualy and behing oin the back straight, one of my shocks came off, the upper nut went out and the shock came off, i decided to call it and ended. Third round was leading out and i started to feel that on breaking my car wanted to spin out ... call it to the pit area and was the lower knuckle screw that came off ... damn !!!.

So, i ended qualifying on C-Main on Buggy, i started the C-Main (20 minutes) and the car was awesome and i make it to win that race, so bumped to B-Main (20 more minutes) ... this time the racing was more fierce but the car was very good so i managed to end second just 3-4 seconds behind the leader, didnt wanted to fight for the lead, just make the job to go up to A-Main. Now all goes down ... charged the batteries during the midtime, prepared all with my pitman and just when he switched the car ON, my receiver BURNED OFF !! (s3100 DX3R spektrum one) ... so, while i was hearing how the a-main started, i was waiting for my pitman to do something (if i go down the driver stand, i got disqualified), he grabbed my truggy receiver and installed on the buggy while i was trying to program it for the buggy lol !! ... ended entering to the race 8 laps behind the last position and fought hardly ... when i was 2 laps behind the last position i felt i was making stupid mistakes for the rush to go up in positions, and was not worthy so i called out ... that was for me, winner made 50 laps, i made 35 ...

Very happy with my equipment, tyres, car and engine performed flawlesly, just need little help of god on next races ... thanks a lot to CEN, GO Engines, VP PRO, AVID RC, Ultimate Racing, Carolinas RC and Upgrade RC for the inconditional support down here at the end of the world (Chile - Southamerica).

cya !

[img]http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd225/patoconcha/RC2009/20090405_CACH_OFFROAD/yo/IMG_6174.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a><br /><br />

</center>

cya !

Old 04-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #1107
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

how many of you guys are still racing your matrix buggy fre, how does it hold against the newer buggies,would you say the matrix fre is still competitive.
meno222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:15 PM   #1108
Tech Addict

I just got a killer deal on one & finished build just in time for last weeks club race. Was running 4th & I felt like i had 3rd in me untill someone hit me from the other lane & broke the steering bellcrank, So i'd say w/ the right setup , It's still competetive at the club level.
romax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 11:05 PM   #1109
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's still race worthy, i'm upgrading a few things to make it an "A" main 1st place winner.
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #1110
Tech Addict

Hey Tabushi, what shocks are those? They look like 16mm big bores but what brand?
romax is offline   Reply With Quote