R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #991
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
I see a few of Gene's parts in those pics. I don't have any of Gene's parts and I don't have any problem running with the fast guys here with my stock Matrix.

Most of the time when you see Andrew's and Gene's cars, they are testing parts for new buggy(big bores, chassis, etc) When the new buggy comes out, it will more than likely come with parts just like the ones they are testing.

All I am saying is that the buggy works great right out of the box and none of those parts are "needed".
so its gonna come with jammin big bores, a mugen tank, and xray tank. just a few very noticeable parts that i see in these pics. i'm sure the other manufactuers won't mind. wake up dude. if these parts weren't "needed" they wouldn't be on the buggies of these top drivers. I've had the cen tank, i know it leaks. I've had the cen shocks, they get the job done, but not up to amain finishes in big races. I've ran the diffs, i know they leak also.
I'm not in denial, i know these parts have been issues. you're not talking to someone who is on the outside lookin in, i'm on the inside lookin out, and hoping they get it all right this go round. I'm not bashin it, i'm just talking about known issues that we all know about. this conversation did not need to go this far. my first post said it all, i just hope it lives up to the hype and what we all want it to be.
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #992
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleblanc View Post
so its gonna come with jammin big bores, a mugen tank, and xray tank. just a few very noticeable parts that i see in these pics. i'm sure the other manufactuers won't mind. wake up dude. if these parts weren't "needed" they wouldn't be on the buggies of these top drivers. I've had the cen tank, i know it leaks. I've had the cen shocks, they get the job done, but not up to amain finishes in big races. I've ran the diffs, i know they leak also.
I'm not in denial, i know these parts have been issues. you're not talking to someone who is on the outside lookin in, i'm on the inside lookin out, and hoping they get it all right this go round. I'm not bashin it, i'm just talking about known issues that we all know about. this conversation did not need to go this far. my first post said it all, i just hope it lives up to the hype and what we all want it to be.
OK
Old 08-25-2008, 11:51 PM   #993
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Branch View Post
Most of the time when you see Andrew's and Gene's cars, they are testing parts for new buggy(big bores, chassis, etc) When the new buggy comes out, it will more than likely come with parts just like the ones they are testing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleblanc View Post
so its gonna come with jammin big bores, a mugen tank, and xray tank. just a few very noticeable parts that i see in these pics..... if these parts weren't "needed" they wouldn't be on the buggies of these top drivers. I've had the cen tank, i know it leaks. I've had the cen shocks, they get the job done, but not up to amain finishes in big races. I've ran the diffs, i know they leak also..... I'm not bashin it, i'm just talking about known issues that we all know about.... my first post said it all, i just hope it lives up to the hype and what we all want it to be.
dude, the 1st and 3rd pics you posted were of Andy and Gene's cars at the buggy nats. They were testing a number of the new Cen options mixed with Gene's hopups and some big bores. I think Colins reply stated that pretty clearly. My understanding is the new matrix will have a number of new features primarily aimed at weight reduction. I have posted this info on the forums at cenracing.com if you would like to view it. As far as after market hop ups are concerned the only kit that is purported to not have these as an option will be the new MP9 - and at a reported introductory price of USD$850.00 you can kinda understand why that may be the case.
TRArena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:14 AM   #994
Tech Master

you all are still reading way to far into this. and i never once mentioned the machines hop-ups when i spoke of these pics. i said the tank and the shocks. the tank is not being tested for weight issues. its on their cars bc its consistent and doesn't leak. and the shocks have also always been an issue, ie: the kmw shocks that were ran by them also. i'm not just picking on cen, i run cen. associated also has to use the jammin big bores bc the shocks are inconsistant, and they also have serious tank issues. i've even seen mugen drivers using the jammin big bores. i've been racing cen since you could only buy it in rtr form. been through it all, having to break in the older style diffs, shocks binding bc the internal washers would break through from being to weak, the original diff cups wearing out way to fast, the tank leaks. the c1 has come a long way since its debute, a lot of these issues have been resolved. these are all the main components of the kit, not hop ups. i understand that hop-ups will be needed on most rides. now back to my original statement, i just want to be able to open this cen kit, build it, and keep at least 90% of it that way. not have to form it into a cenkenstien.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 AM   #995
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The new buggy will be good.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:30 AM   #996
Tech Master

i believe they can bring out a great buggy! all the potential is there in the c1, and they have a great team to do it with. i'm just anxious to see what they have come up with.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:34 PM   #997
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

the new buggy will be at the top of the line at a great price
Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #998
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have two questions regarding the Piggy back reservoir shocks for the CEN Matrix.
1. Will the reservoir caps fit on other buggies shocks like Ofna's, Kyosho, Mugen, etc or are they exclusive to fitting the CEN shocks.

2. Would it be better to get big bore shocks over the standard shocks with reservoirs?
TTREB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #999
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I hope the new car at least includes a body this time.
I think it was a very poor choice to not include bodies on the FRE buggy and truggy. This may be a good choice if the car has good mainstream after market support. Sure you can "make" other bodies fit, but its not perfect

As for the piggy back shock fitting any other brand shock, I highly doubt it.
CCEN shocks are I believe are 14mm, where everyone else was either 13 or the new standard 16mm.
outtafocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #1000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtafocus View Post
I hope the new car at least includes a body this time.
I think it was a very poor choice to not include bodies on the FRE buggy and truggy. This may be a good choice if the car has good mainstream after market support. Sure you can "make" other bodies fit, but its not perfect

As for the piggy back shock fitting any other brand shock, I highly doubt it.
CCEN shocks are I believe are 14mm, where everyone else was either 13 or the new standard 16mm.

PARMA XCiter universal body its a direct fit on the FRE buggy ... great looking and good cooling tunnel for engine ...

cya,

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 06:39 PM   #1001
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabushi View Post
PARMA XCiter universal body its a direct fit on the FRE buggy ... great looking and good cooling tunnel for engine ...

cya,
But a body shouldn't have to be bought separtley. Thats a really bad marketing desicion. And the CEN body looks like a box..

Please include a good looking body and 7075 towers!
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 PM   #1002
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there a release date for the new buggy yet?
markt311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:11 PM   #1003
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What are some of you guys doing as far as shimming the steering tie rods to help control bump steer?

Was playing with my Matrix on the bench and I noticed some bump steer towards to top of my suspension travel.

I am thinking of getting this car race ready again, what is the current hot setup with the stock shocks?
outtafocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #1004
Tech Apprentice

I never experienced any bump steer on my arena, so I haven't shimmed anything. I think bump steer affects pillow ball suspension the most. C hubs are a bit different, and do succumb to bump steer as easily.
I wouldn't worry about the bump steer until after you get it on a track and test to see if there really is any bump steer.
The baseline is thicker if front, and thinner in rear. I'm running a softer set up (40wt front, 30wt rear) but it works well for me. Most run 60 wt in front and 40/30wt in rear. It's all setup and driving style, but I would go with any one of those to start with. Also, check out the CEN team driver's setups.
EDIT>>>woops, I thought this was the truggy forum for a sec hehe!
Sorry outtafocus, I haven't run my buggy yet so I can't help you out...I tried!
Futaba FASST 3PM
chrobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 07:55 AM   #1005
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

basic stock shock set up would be 40-50 up front 30-35 in the rear with number 2 pistons all around and 4-5-2 is a good diff set up