R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 08-24-2008, 10:12 PM   #976
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree View Post
I run on a small technical track. I initially had the same problem you are having. My buggy was all over the place too. In 2006 I spoke to a then Cen driver and he recommended changing the diffs. It made a world of difference. I started using the Kyosho diffs before Gene came out with the cross-pin conversion. If you don't have Gene Hickerson's cross-pin conversion for the diffs...get them.

My current set-up is Kyosho diffs with 5000 front / 5000 center / 2000 rear. 40wt shock oil in the front with #3 pistons mounted in the top middle hole and 35wt shock oil for the rear with #2 pistons mounted in the top outer hole. All shock ends mounted in theinner most hole on the arms. I run about -2 degrees of camber all around and I run any where from 0 to 2 degrees of toe out on the front depending on the track and a 2/2 rear suspension plate.

This set-up has been working for me but you may want to check out the Cen Racing website for set-ups.

http://www.cenracing.com/race/setup.html
when i run my rear shock that high it pops the dogg bone out ..how can i tell if i have the old or new style arms? this kit was new in january
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #977
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlz View Post
when i run my rear shock that high it pops the dogg bone out ..how can i tell if i have the old or new style arms? this kit was new in january
Are your dog bones popping out of your Matrix buggy or TR Arena truggy? I never had an sissue with the dogbones popping out in my buggy or truggy.

If this problem is happening to your truggy then you can remedy this by switching to 17mm hexes, running the shocks on the lower row of mounting holes in the shock tower, run the lon shock ends on the inside hole in the lower suspension arm, and lastly use more negative camber.

The only way I was able to tell if I had a new set of arms or the old ones was to compared the two sets of arms side by side.
Tree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:02 PM   #978
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AlanHall Send a message via Yahoo to AlanHall

yeah i was talking about the truggy... it sucks you have to keep the shocks there to keep it together...i put a set up off the web site on it ..and didnt know that was a issue till it popped out ..now the diff cup is bad to..ill have to find the long shock ends..any easy way to that ? i really know nothing about this truck..and i dont have a manual either.. ill have to find the arena thread..
AlanHall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #979
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey guys Bill from BCE and i gave the new c2xB (BUGGY) chassis a world last sat at revelation raceway i mounted it up before racing started got a few practice laps in and WOW this thing is awesome its very light and is longer than the FRE cen chassis and the proportions are perfect i had so much steering i didnt know what to do with it the corner speed is outrageously faster with this chassis i continued to race it through the night getting used to it. Its a lot different by the main i was getting more familiar with it and was moving lap times from 43-44 to 40-41s you dont have to use NEAR as much throttle with this chassis and will conserve fuel
its much more easier to jump and i had to get use to not driving to aggressive cause it pretty much drives its self once i am used to it and know it like the back of my hand i will be able to drive it more aggressive and be turning super fast lap times with out wasting fuel and i had my original short chassis set-up and the BCE chassis made all the difference
this is a must if you can get this chassis you will not be disappointed guaranteed

here are some pics

Old 08-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #980
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to annie_himself

Where is the new buggy? It was announced so long ago..
annie_himself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:01 PM   #981
Tech Master

very soon but it will be well worth the wait
Old 08-25-2008, 04:23 PM   #982
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

doesn't make much sense to put all that money into a c1 when the c2, as you say, will be right around the corner. hopefully this car is as good as the hype thats been built up about it "worth the wait" and doesn't need all these aftermarket parts and also other manufacturers parts. not trying to bang on the car or anything, bc i've been racing cen for a while now. its a good car, just saying it would be nice not to have to spend all the unnecassary money needed to make it a great buggy. anyone who has intensely raced this car knows what i'm talking about.

Last edited by cleblanc; 08-25-2008 at 04:26 PM. Reason: left out a word
cleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 04:28 PM   #983
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleblanc View Post
doesn't make much sense to put all that money into a c1 when the c2, as you say, will be right around the corner. hopefully this car is as good as the hype thats been built up about it "worth the wait" and doesn't need all these aftermarket parts and also other manufacturers parts. not trying to bang on the car or anything, bc i've been racing cen for a while now. its a good car, just saying it would be nice not to have to spend all the unnecassary money needed to make it a great buggy. anyone who has intensely this car knows what i'm talking about.
The buggy doesn't need any parts from a different manufacturer. The truggy maybe, but the buggy is great, right out the box.
What parts are you replacing on the buggy?

Colin
Old 08-25-2008, 05:07 PM   #984
Tech Master

like i said, i'm not trying to get in a pissing contest. but here are some pics of the top drivers for cen cars. argue with these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
cen matrix-andrew.jpg   cen matrix-hull.jpg   cen matrix-machines.jpg  
Old 08-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #985
Tech Master

ok mabey telling you that the BCE chassis will fit the c2 will make you happier cause it will
Old 08-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #986
Tech Master

drivers put bce on kyosho mugen and ect just so you know
Old 08-25-2008, 05:32 PM   #987
Tech Master

yes that most definitely does, but i just hope that the chassis layout is the same as the c2 beings you all had a part in the design of the BCE and the c2. that way if you want to spend money on a BCE chassis, go on ahead and do it, but not have to get the BCE bc it will make your car soooo much better. bc like you stated above "this BCE chassis is a must". i am not being negative, just hoping this buggy will be just about all it can be out of the box.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #988
Tech Master

i understand that. BCE makes a great product. I've owned one of there chassis. but the BCE is not all i was referring to. and a lot of these problems are being addressed: diffs, upper arms, and shocks. I just haven't seen any refferences to the tank and certain other things like this. this is a solid ride once the bugs are worked out, i just hope they are.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #989
Tech Master

it will be BCE just pushes it past the limit whether it be mugen xray kyosho CEN so on
Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM   #990
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I see a few of Gene's parts in those pics. I don't have any of Gene's parts and I don't have any problem running with the fast guys here with my stock Matrix.

Most of the time when you see Andrew's and Gene's cars, they are testing parts for new buggy(big bores, chassis, etc) When the new buggy comes out, it will more than likely come with parts just like the ones they are testing.

All I am saying is that the buggy works great right out of the box and none of those parts are "needed".