R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-08-2007, 09:45 AM   #76
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

RGX makes a nice body for the matrix, I have it sitting here waiting for paint.

RC Driver used a J Concepts body if I recall correctly.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:32 AM   #77
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I looked at the RGX website since he has the "correct" body for the matrix. It also sounds like the Proline body works but you have to make some mods in order for it to fit. Is that correct?? Im getting a little worried now because i have read that CEN customer service/support seems hard to get in touch with and nobody carries CEN parts. Sounds like I will have to order pretty much everything i need for the car, Which I kinda figured i would have to do anyways, but was sold on the reviews i read and how this thing is built tough and is such a great car. I originally was going to go with a car that my LHS carries parts for and play it smart so i would not have to order everything, but i couldnt resist this car and the deal on it. You guys think i will be happy with it??

This company seems to have the best stock of parts:

http://www.headrushhobbies.com/
boomer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 11:43 AM   #78
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

the proline bodies fit fine, alot of the thoughts that they dont are because RGX makes it sound like its alot of work, so people buy his, not bashing him or anything, i'd do the same thing if i was selling bodies, but he does exagerate it, all you have to do is cut out the body around the radio box, as it is sticks into the body, the rest is fine, it doens't necesarily follow the moulded in cut lines exactly, but its actually really close if you use the MBX5 CP 2.0, the post holes are in different spots thgouh, the first one I got, i mounted it before I painted it, and cut it out with lots of extra meat, and trimmed it down a little at a time till it fit how i wanted it to, and now I just traces that outline on all my new ones,

the SP2 proline body fits too, but I like the Mugen because it has the "bump" on the passenger side window to help clear the brake linkages,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 12:01 PM   #79
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

There are several sites that carry CEN parts, and Horizon now carries the CEN Line so your hobbyshop should have no problem ordering parts if they carry anything from Horizon.

customrccars website also carries the replacements parts as well.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #80
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobf24
the proline bodies fit fine, alot of the thoughts that they dont are because RGX makes it sound like its alot of work, so people buy his, not bashing him or anything, i'd do the same thing if i was selling bodies, but he does exagerate it, all you have to do is cut out the body around the radio box, as it is sticks into the body, the rest is fine, it doens't necesarily follow the moulded in cut lines exactly, but its actually really close if you use the MBX5 CP 2.0, the post holes are in different spots thgouh, the first one I got, i mounted it before I painted it, and cut it out with lots of extra meat, and trimmed it down a little at a time till it fit how i wanted it to, and now I just traces that outline on all my new ones,

the SP2 proline body fits too, but I like the Mugen because it has the "bump" on the passenger side window to help clear the brake linkages,
oh, if its just something like that i can handle that. thats not a big deal to me. thanks for the heads up!! :-) even if the post holes are a little off on some bodies thats ok, i can make it work just fine. i get the car friday and im just making sure im not getting into a mess by buying CEN products.
Old 01-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #81
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain
There are several sites that carry CEN parts, and Horizon now carries the CEN Line so your hobbyshop should have no problem ordering parts if they carry anything from Horizon.

customrccars website also carries the replacements parts as well.
yeah i did check them out too. i didnt check horizon, i havent bought anything from them. i will be sure to keep them in mind as well. thanks!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:59 PM   #82
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here's a couple pf picturs of our new body for the Matrix.

t4usee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:33 PM   #83
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by t4usee
Here's a couple pf picturs of our new body for the Matrix.

thanks for all the info guys!! i have decided not to go with the matrix mostly because there isnt any lhs here that carry parts. so i just dont want to deal with ordering everything all the time. thanks again!!!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:34 AM   #84
Tech Master

Default Info about CEN LSD style diffs

These are LSD style diffs:
CEN:

Ofna:

Kyosho:

This is a standard diff:
Kyosho:

A standard diff has 6 gears and 2 cross pins that allow even diff action and puts power to the tire with the least amount of traction. A Limited slip differential had plates or many gears that lock up the diff as it spins and applies power to the tire with the most traction or more evenly applies power to both wheels.
Cen is working on a standard diff and we are currently testing them.

The Kyosho 7.5 Kania Edition came with LSD diffs. The Ofna Hyper 7 PCR comes with LSD style diffs. The Cen Matrix comes with LSD style diffs too.

With the CEN diffs, the lighter the oil, the better they work. 80wt gear oil works good, as well as grease. When using grease, pack it for a stiffer feel, or lightly coat them for a lighter feel. You can also remove the 2 orange O-rings for an even smoother feel since there is no oil to leak out.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:43 AM   #85
Tech Regular

Gene- Congrats to the Gators for bringing the National Championship back to the SEC Conference!!!
RYAN BARNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:14 AM   #86
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
These are LSD style diffs:
CEN:

Ofna:

Kyosho:

This is a standard diff:
Kyosho:

A standard diff has 6 gears and 2 cross pins that allow even diff action and puts power to the tire with the least amount of traction. A Limited slip differential had plates or many gears that lock up the diff as it spins and applies power to the tire with the most traction or more evenly applies power to both wheels.
Cen is working on a standard diff and we are currently testing them.

The Kyosho 7.5 Kania Edition came with LSD diffs. The Ofna Hyper 7 PCR comes with LSD style diffs. The Cen Matrix comes with LSD style diffs too.

With the CEN diffs, the lighter the oil, the better they work. 80wt gear oil works good, as well as grease. When using grease, pack it for a stiffer feel, or lightly coat them for a lighter feel. You can also remove the 2 orange O-rings for an even smoother feel since there is no oil to leak out.
Are they available now?
scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #87
Tech Master

No, we are still testing them to make sure they are good and reliable.
Old 01-16-2007, 06:46 AM   #88
Tech Master

Buggy-sport.info

Back to Back to Back TQ & Wins for the CEN Matrix TR Arena Factory Race Edition.
Round 8 2007 FSORS - TQ/1st
Maxy's International Nitro Challenge - TQ/1st
Round 2 2006 FSORS - TQ/1st

The Matrix TR Arena is almost unbeatable in the right hands.
And the new diffs are dialed.

Old 01-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
Buggy-sport.info

Back to Back to Back TQ & Wins for the CEN Matrix TR Arena Factory Race Edition.
Round 8 2007 FSORS - TQ/1st
Maxy's International Nitro Challenge - TQ/1st
Round 2 2006 FSORS - TQ/1st

The Matrix TR Arena is almost unbeatable in the right hands.
And the new diffs are dialed.

Congrates Gene!!!

What degree front hub carrier are you running?? Also what difference does the 19 an 22 degree carriers make???

Also is there a factory red plate to replace the plate in the front behind the bumper ???
You guys are making this truggy go over easy with everyone with the way you guys are racing, your help and feedback

Quote:
And the new diffs are dialed
When will they be avalible???
lockmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 11:23 AM   #90
Tech Master

I used the CNC 19' for more low speed steering.
The front brace, engine mount plates, and ackerman plate are not available in red. Please E-mail CEN and ask them to make them.

It usually takes CEN a while to get new parts on the hobby shop shelevs, but I will keep you posted.