Wiki Posts
Search

cen matrix

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustinD
I will have to ask Andrew than cause I'm a team mate ...... You properly don't know it was low key lol.
iam with you am on the tteam to so lmk when you know
Old 03-22-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Andy is in Tiawan right now discussing the plans for the Rematrix. It usually takes 1-2 years to produce a new car, but since it will not be an ALL new car, it should be done much faster. I would guess by Christmas.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikaR
Cain, can't answer to your questions but from what I know about Mugen it has quite different feeling to drive. I prefer CEN FRE much better. I suits my driving style, not Mugen. Of course this has something to do with setups but in general..that's my answer. Also, I think Mugen is in a different price range CEN being less expensive.
MikaR: Can you describe your driving style and how the Mugen felt with you versus the CEN? May give me insights into the CEN .
Old 03-23-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Hi Cain, well it's been a while since I tried my fellow drivers Mugen but as far as I remember it felt kinda soft.. I'm not sure if I can find the right words but CEN is more direct, I didn't like Mugen that much. Of course setup makes a difference. That Mugen went on rather effortlessly but it was also bouncing around the track..

I was able to do my first laps for this year yeasterday.. Though it was freezing cold. In the short testing (couple of hours only) I did, the car felt amazing.. I don't think any of my cars has ever felt so good before Acceleration was absolutely great, cornering was also really good.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Legend

Hi Cain, well it's been a while since I tried my fellow drivers Mugen but as far as I remember it felt kinda soft.. I'm not sure if I can find the right words but CEN is more direct, I didn't like Mugen that much. Of course setup makes a difference. That Mugen went on rather effortlessly but it was also bouncing around the track..

I was able to do my first laps for this year yeasterday.. Though it was freezing cold. In the short testing (couple of hours only) I did, the car felt amazing.. I don't think any of my cars has ever felt so good before Acceleration was absolutely great, cornering was also really good.

Thanks for the response! Can you give me a brief heads up on the cars you have had before, and how the Matrix you have (also any hopups/ changes you have on it) performs versus those other ones?
Old 03-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Np. Buggies I've had before CEN are a pair of GS Storm's (RTR and Pro) and three Infernos (7.5, 777Sp1 & 777Sp2). My Matrix and 777 are pretty close, there are some things that are different.. Kyosho didn't use to have carbon parts but I think they do nowdays.. Matrix has a laydown steering servo and the whole one-piece servo tray is pretty cool which makes it easy to plu&play servos as opposite to Kyosho..also the rear tow-in&antisquat block is pretty unique design which makes the rear end pretty easy to work on and make adjustmetns to without removing the whole rear end. Diffs access is good on both cars. With CEN you can also play with the S and L chassis without changing any other parts, in Kyosho you had to change the center driveshafts between Sp1 and Sp2. CEN has also larger dia bearings at rear which are durable. What comes to driving..they're pretty much the same..it all depends how you build the car and setup you use. My fellow drivers 777WCE is somewhere 3,6-3,7kg, my CEN is 3350gr
Old 03-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Legend

Np. Buggies I've had before CEN are a pair of GS Storm's (RTR and Pro) and three Infernos (7.5, 777Sp1 & 777Sp2). My Matrix and 777 are pretty close, there are some things that are different.. Kyosho didn't use to have carbon parts but I think they do nowdays.. Matrix has a laydown steering servo and the whole one-piece servo tray is pretty cool which makes it easy to plu&play servos as opposite to Kyosho..also the rear tow-in&antisquat block is pretty unique design which makes the rear end pretty easy to work on and make adjustmetns to without removing the whole rear end. Diffs access is good on both cars. With CEN you can also play with the S and L chassis without changing any other parts, in Kyosho you had to change the center driveshafts between Sp1 and Sp2. CEN has also larger dia bearings at rear which are durable. What comes to driving..they're pretty much the same..it all depends how you build the car and setup you use. My fellow drivers 777WCE is somewhere 3,6-3,7kg, my CEN is 3350gr
Thanks for the info. I had a matrix before and really liked it, had the ectec rear block setup so I could make the changes with one block, worked great.

Only issue I ever had was blowing through the suspension up travel on the front and knocking the CVD out of the outdrive cup. Other than that, worked great.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:37 PM
Tech Adept

Cain Im having that little problem how did you fix it ?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by JustinD
Cain Im having that little problem how did you fix it ?
Justin, I never really fixed it. It happened a few times, and then never again till I sold my vehicle. Sorry I couldn't help.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:23 PM
Tech Adept

I think I just got a set of the short driveshafts cause no one else is having this problem.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Legend

didn't know there was a short set!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

A year ago they had shorter shafts from what I've heard but when I figure something out I will tell you.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

I have never had a CVD in my Matrix pop out and I have been racing it for over 2 years. Usually something is broken (caster block, loose knuckles screws, positive camber, carcked arm). I even use shorter shock bodies by KMR Racing. I don't see how it is possible for it to pop out all stock.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Tech Legend

Was very shocked when it did happen. heck, I may have even posted something about it awhile back here.
Old 03-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

i have seen quite a few pop out when i had my matrix i ran the k-car diffs and it fixed the problem for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.