Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cen matrix

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

andrew smolnick has a set up listed with, f-red diff lsd, c-2000, r-grease.
so i was trying something close to this using sil. fluid.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

give it a couple runs to break the diff in completely before you start changing the set up too much, the diffs and shocks take a few runs and they will smooth out alot,

i've heard of guys using a cordless drill to speed up the break in proccess, but i've always just run them,
Old 12-11-2006, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

We run 5,7,1 in our Matrix. Front center rear. We also have been using the Kyosho diffs. CEN has a new hardning process now so as soon as they hit the door we will be switching back to the CEN diffs. Started out using CEN diffs but the center outdrives worn quick. I really liked how the CEN diffs felt though, very smooth. The drive shafts are very good which is a plus. When we run the Kyosho buggy we had to replace the driveshafts 2 times in one year.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

it may not be a diff problem, just feels like the car is not planted. i know that it's me and not the car. when i raced on sunday, it felt like the car was barly touching the ground, even on the straits it wanted to get sideways.

any help? please
Old 01-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Matrix

Hey all you CEN guys! Im getting ready to buy the matrix factory edition, what tips can you tell me about this car? im an oval/onroad guy and need offroad tips since im making the switch to play in the dirt :-) anyways any tips is appreciated. from reading some post, i will be happy with this cars durability and performance. cant wait!
Old 01-07-2007, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

boomer01 - hey congrates on getting a CEN matrix, i this it is very underated as a racer. i have the pro my self as well as the fre truck. i suggest you upgrade to the alum. diff cases when you are able to, the are $10.00 each. on the diffs, since they are limited slip the seem to work better on lighter fluids. they seem to have about 2000 built in to them. i am running grease-2000-grease, with the orings removed in the front and rear, this works great. as for anything else the setups are all pretty close. go to cenracing.com for setups and forum, you can find good info there.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:18 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Hey, can anyone tell me what grease they are using for the diffs?

I think the things I would pickup for the FRE matrix version would be:

- Replace the carbon shock towers with CNC'd ones
- (optional) CNC'd steering knuckles (carriers?)

This is mainly from a durability perspective, but other than that, the vehicle is built like a tank. I will be doing a full teardown on mine over this winter to really set it up. Probably will start with 3K all around in the diffs. from what I understand the buggy likes to have the diffs square as far as setup goes in alot of situations.

Are any of you guys running against the 8ight? How are you liking the matrix versus the 8ight handling wise?
Old 01-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

cain-

i ran the losi for about a month before i had the chance to run for cen. i won the futaba challenge with the losi. the losi is a quality buggy, it turned well, eccelerated great, it's a good car. what i like about the cen, after i have learned a little more about the buggy. it too, eccelrates well, turns great, handles the rough stuff really well, and it seems to be more planted than i could get the losi. also seems like you can drive it harder. the cen may just suit my driving style alittle more. i think when you get to pro level kits, it's just what fits you best. i've had losi, mugen, and now cen. if i didn't think i could do better with the cen, i would not be driving it.

james
cenracing.com
hx-raceway
hobbies x-treme
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by boomer01
Hey all you CEN guys! Im getting ready to buy the matrix factory edition, what tips can you tell me about this car? im an oval/onroad guy and need offroad tips since im making the switch to play in the dirt :-) anyways any tips is appreciated. from reading some post, i will be happy with this cars durability and performance. cant wait!
Great choice boomer, you will like your new Matrix. This car is very tuneable, or very easy to see changes you make. I would suggest the block on the rear of the car. It would be nice to have both the t3s3 and a t3s2 for options. Other than that let it eat and have fun. It is a great car. My son and I went to Thunder Raceway in Nashville yesterday. There were over 100 racers there for a club event,, man it was awsome. This car handled the tight track very good. We run a 571 setup in the diffs. Good Luck and see you back here soon to let us know how your racing is going
Old 01-07-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t4usee
Great choice boomer, you will like your new Matrix. This car is very tuneable, or very easy to see changes you make. I would suggest the block on the rear of the car. It would be nice to have both the t3s3 and a t3s2 for options. Other than that let it eat and have fun. It is a great car. My son and I went to Thunder Raceway in Nashville yesterday. There were over 100 racers there for a club event,, man it was awsome. This car handled the tight track very good. We run a 571 setup in the diffs. Good Luck and see you back here soon to let us know how your racing is going

Thanks for the tips guys! now pardon my ignorance but whats a 571 setup in the diffs? is that just size of gears/ratio in them? remember i used to gearing electric motors so its like im a rookie all over again with offroad. there are a couple of things i do plan on changing with the car and that will come as i go. oh and i was wrong about the factory edition. the one im buying is the rtr version matrix. BUT im changing out parts to the red aluminum and carbon fiber parts to make it factory/hopped up. Can you guys tell me which bodies are compatible with the matrix, i read on here a page or 2 back that there was a few that would work. Also what parts are compatible with this car just in case i run into a problem and my LHS doesnt have any CEN parts??
Old 01-07-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

boomer01 - 571 refers to his diff fluids, 5000 in front -7000 in center - 1000 in rear. since you are getting a rtr the diffs will already be built. not sure what the rtr diffs are built to. i would deffinitly upgrade, if you are on a budget i would up grade the c-hubs first, then to a 3t1s rear toe block, then shock towers, then the carbon last. i not sure what parts can interchange. the car is very tuff. i would also get hinge pins, c-clips, and the plastic sleeves that your shock cap mounts to on the shock tower. goto cenracing.com as well as here for setup and help.

james
Old 01-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Boomer,

We just finished mounting a new body on our Matrix. The body we used is made by Pro-Line. Crowd Please 2.0 SP2. It looks sweet with a cool looking paint job by BKPaintwerks. Let me know and I can send some pictures to you to show the lines.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Everything on the FRE will bolt right onto the RTR. BUT the pitch and tooth count of the diff pinion gear and the diff ring gear are different than the FRE so if you switch one you must switch the other.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jlo8864
boomer01 - 571 refers to his diff fluids, 5000 in front -7000 in center - 1000 in rear. since you are getting a rtr the diffs will already be built. not sure what the rtr diffs are built to. i would deffinitly upgrade, if you are on a budget i would up grade the c-hubs first, then to a 3t1s rear toe block, then shock towers, then the carbon last. i not sure what parts can interchange. the car is very tuff. i would also get hinge pins, c-clips, and the plastic sleeves that your shock cap mounts to on the shock tower. goto cenracing.com as well as here for setup and help.

james

thats kinda what i was thinking. thanks for clearing that up for me :-) i went ahead and ordered the C hubs, CF radio race tray, spindles, CF shock towers,CF center diff brace. i plan to make the car all factory, but that stuffs not cheap! so little at a time right now.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t4usee
Boomer,

We just finished mounting a new body on our Matrix. The body we used is made by Pro-Line. Crowd Please 2.0 SP2. It looks sweet with a cool looking paint job by BKPaintwerks. Let me know and I can send some pictures to you to show the lines.
yes please send me some pics of how it looks. mcgoo creative does all my paint work for me. i used to race with them back in dallas. they do good work. but i will keep bkpaintwerks in mind.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.