Community
Wiki Posts
Search

cen matrix

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 08:55 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default shock shafts?

What are the shock shafts made out of, I am assuming steel? Do they make ones of a differant material (IE: Titanium). That may help if you can switch shaft material type.

Looking at that jump, your going to need something STRONG!! But then again, iif you beef up the shaft, then what else may break? Worth a try I guess.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

hey guys,

today or tomorrow I am going to look into that piston issue. Does anyone know exactly what the correct sizes are for the various CEN pistons?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Cain, I snipped this from the cen forums for ya.

To check if you have the old pistons just check out the size of the holes in the pistons, the old #1's had a hole that was only about a 1mm in diameter. And the #2 was only a litttle bit bigger and the same for the #3.

The new #1's are 1.5mm in diameter I believe (maybe 1.75mm) Sorry I can't remember the exact size of the new pistons but there is an obvious size difference when you put the same number old piston to the new ones.
Now how you would measure them could be a challenge! I guess buy some tiny drill bits.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Legend

yup, thats part of the thread I was reading too. Just was curious if anyone else new for sure. I'll see if I can fit my digital calipers in there.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Cain,

I would suggest you try and find a set of round feeler gauges at an auto parts store that are normally used to measure the spark plug gap on cars etc.

From memory (not been a auto mechanic for awhile now!) there should be the right diameter gauges on something like this.

I wil post a picture of one if required, would just have to find it on the net!

Pretty sure snap on used to make a set...

Hope that helps. It would be alot easier and far more accurate measuring it this way rather than with calipers, particularly at that size.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Robert.Hull
you can drop the truck 20ft in the air and if it lands on all for wheels im a 100% sure your not gonna bend a shaft even landing all lop sidded you still be pressed for a bent shaft so lets get that clear that you cant blame it on the jumps

lol.. well arent you just a wealth of knowledge! lol.. your formula i so wrong its just silly dude... factor in 30+mph at a forward angle next time!

i broke 2 shafts the first day out, period!! i dont care about your fancy quantum physics, they only work in your dimension.. is that clear?

but since some people around here seems to think its virtually impossible for me to have broken a shock shaft, i just so happen to have recorded the first time out with my matrix!! i was by myself at the track, so i just had the camera sitting.. but i did record the breakage, even took pics before i moved the truck! i forgot about this vid...
before i hear "your bein too rough on it" just know weve been running on this track for a looong time, we built it! its private...
ive never broken a shock shaft out there on any other rc ive had. i was running a jammin last. weve got a bunch of brands that run out there.. many sportwerks buggies and truz, hyper 7 and 8s, a few losi 8s, too many jammins, a tazer, k cars, revos, maxxs, savages, some stadium trucks, even a baja.. and now my matrix, which by the way is ruling to loop!!
i cant remember the last time someone broke a shock shaft on the jumps.... i broke 2 the first day out?
in this vid i come up a lil short and land on the up side of the lander, but i stuck it, nose up! i would have driven away if the butt wasnt draggin.... or if i was drivin my jammin! lol..

right click and save.
http://www.whaase.com/gallery/main.p...db30ae4469ff10

ive done that exact same thing hundreds of times with other rcs and not broken a shaft..

i had it set at the long wheel base setting in the rear, i switched to the short setting and i didnt break one this weekend, still running the long shock ends. could that be it maybe?

obviously im not gonna get an answer for my question, but i just wanted to show the people who think its impossible for the shafts to break... on a jump, that it did happen!

splain that mr scientist! lol... you didnt make it clear enough bro!

the matrix rocks by the way.....

not tryin to be a jerk, but i cant stand the know it alls.. if you have an answer to someones question ya dont have to be rude about it! but in your case you didnt even have an answer, i just received the rude part? lol.. but i noticed in other threads robert hull get on peoples nerves, so im just pokin at the grouchy dude!

hope you can take a lil sarcasm?

ill stop now...

booya!!
Old 06-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Tech Initiate

i realize this is the buggy thread... but i didnt when i first posted in here. my bad.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ill stop now...
Thank you. Try to keep the thread civilized people. Lets carry on with constructive chatter.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pc9840
What are the shock shafts made out of, I am assuming steel? Do they make ones of a differant material (IE: Titanium). That may help if you can switch shaft material type.

Looking at that jump, your going to need something STRONG!! But then again, iif you beef up the shaft, then what else may break? Worth a try I guess.

think about the geometry in the shocks if the truck lands on all 4s no matter how hard the shaft wont been cause it will be going straight in but its hard on the truck or buggy
Old 06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Master

I broke a left rear arm on my Matrix the 1st tank of fuel on a track back in Jan of 2006. I have never broke a rear arm since. People usually have bad luck when they first get a new car. But if the same thing keeps breaking, then there is a problem imo.
Any part on any car can break, but most do not or rarely ever do.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
Tech Legend

I see that CEN now has there version of the cross pins, but it appears you need a different case as well? wonder how much these are going to sell for?

Anyone know why CEN needed a different case?
Old 06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

I have not seen the new diffs, but the new plastic case is different, so you don't need any washers behind the gears.

If you want to keep using the alum cases or the old cases, then you need my cross pins.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Matrix RTR Fuel Lines

Is there any reason the fuel lines run all the way around the engine? Is there a negative impact of making the lines shorter?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Legend

Hey guys,

Got to run my matrix some more in track conditions, but had issues with the clutch I think. Matrix of course was the bomb!

Basically, the clutch locked up so the whole drivetrain would spin. Thing is, I check it before when it did this and the bearings and all were super smooth.

I am thinking of just replacing the bearings as I did put new stuff in for springs last time.

Loads of pinch on my OS VG .21 still, had to loosen the glow plug to get it to fire!

If I can just correct this clutch issue, I think I will be all set.

By the way, if the engine won't fire initially till you blimp the throttle some, but then runs fine pretty much, what do I need to adjust?
Old 06-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Default Engine Break-in

Should I be making adjusments to the engine during the first three tanks? I have not made any. Getting the car to idle for more then 45 seconds. I am assuming this is normal but I figured I would ask. Three tanks is going to take a long time at this pace. I have only run about half a tank through.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.