R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #286
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 233 (100%+)

I am thinking the same too. The nut is not all the way down. It will go flush like it should but I have to take a pliers to even get to that point.

I emailed the guy who runs the ebaystore about the wheels to see what he says. If the dish ones were better, I may just order them, maybe see if he would replace what I have, but I don't know.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:49 PM   #287
Tech Legend

So when do you guys decide to go with the carbon clutch shoes over the aluminum ones and what advantages do you gain?
Old 04-18-2007, 05:00 PM   #288
Tech Master

2 carbons and 1 alum works the best for me. The alum shoes don't slip at all, but the carbons slip too much.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gene your running the gold springs right??? or are you using the black ones???
Old 04-20-2007, 02:09 PM   #290
Tech Adept

Hey guys, Getting a Cen matrix off a friend, im running the " Stock " diffs with 5-7-3, now i need a good Starting point on Shock oils?
Pinnacle003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #291
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

40 in the front 27 1/2 in the rear #2 pistons all the way around is a good starting point
make sure you bleed the shocks right and have some rebound
Old 04-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #292
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machine's R/C H
CEN Driver Picture

8 Cen Matrix & TR Arena's make the A-main at the FSORS #5.
any updates on this? I can't find anyway. sorry.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:29 AM   #293
Tech Legend

I believe stock on the RTR was 30W all around? Vehicle seemed to work find with that setting on the smaller track I was at.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:31 AM   #294
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

has anyone tried running 80wt gear oil in the rear with the stock diffs?
odoylrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 11:51 AM   #295
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hi guys

Hi guys I am going to be running the CEN truggy and buggy soon and I do not have any experience with the lsd diffs so I was just wondering what everybody here recomends what diff oil I shoild run the buggy and truggy in the lsd diffs so thety do not get to hot and might melt the casing.. Thanks guys.
losi8ight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 05:40 AM   #296
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnacle003
Hey guys, Getting a Cen matrix off a friend, im running the " Stock " diffs with 5-7-3, now i need a good Starting point on Shock oils?
I ran 40wt front and rear with #2 pistons at every track you will be runnning at, so start there, i think 27.5 will be way to soft in the rear for the tracks around here, message me and I will send you my sprucewood set up,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:16 PM   #297
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have my Matrix buggy up and running well but I have a problem mounting the darn tires. I am not new to mounting tires I have mounted countless 1/10th buggy, truck and gas truck tires. However these 1/8th scale tires will not stay glued. I am using Losi glue and another brand trimmed the foams and the tires too on the beads to set in the rims better and they still come loose after only a few laps.

ohh yeah I cleaned them with alcohol too never did before and it still does not work.

How do you guys do it?

I know run premounts but they are not always the tire for the track surface or the foam.

Thanks
Rodney
RodneyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2007, 07:25 PM   #298
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

maybe you could try scuffing up the wheels, I also scuff up the tires lighlty with a dremel. Also zap thin is the glue to use.
odoylrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 AM   #299
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

this is the way I do it, its not necesarily the best way, and I do still have tires come of sometimes, but not nearly like I used to, it does take a while thgouh,

clean the tire and rim really good, I use brkae cleaner/motor spray, then mount the tire on the rim like it should be, make sure the bead is mounted fully in the rim and its not catching or buldging anywhere, then I use thin CA, I tired the losi stuff but hated it, and I will peal the rubber back a bit, and "spot weld" the rubber at that point, basically just drop a few drops in, and then hold the rubber there with your hand tight against the wheel, it usually only takes a few seconds, and then move aroudn the tire, and peel it back to where the rubber is glued to the tire, if you let it set up long enough, you should be able to peel it back, and where it is glued will stay glued, and then repeat the spot weld, do this all the way around the tire until you get back to the start, then set them aside and let them cure good, I usually do the other 3 tires, and but the time I'm done the last one, the first is cured good,

then I will take the thin CA, and run a constant bead around the joint between the rubber and rim, if you did the first step good, it should just run right around the whole wheel, and when it drys will totally seal the joint, if not it will drop in the joint, just press and hold that spot like the first step, let it set up, and repeat the bead around the whole wheel,

I then set that aside and let it dry for a while, usually at least a couple hours, but alot of times over night, then when I go back, go along the wheel and see if the rubber will peel off the rim at any point, it shouldn't, but if it does go back to step one, if it all stays down good, then I usually run another cnstant bead around the joint, just to make sure its good and sealed, give that a bit to dry, and then move to the other half of the rim, and repeat the above,

it is a really long process this way, usually takes me a couple days if I take my time, but the ones where it takes a couple days, never come apart, its the ones where I rush it that always come apart, IMO the key to keeping them glued, it cleaning them good, and letting the glue dry good, and I dont necessarily mean dry good before you run them, but dry good before you start handling them, ie mounting them, setting your cars ride height with them, that kind of thing, I always leave them sit horizontal for a few days if I can,
bobf24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 08:02 AM   #300
Tech Master

Cen did a great jon at the 5th annual Alabama Indoor Classic, but we all had bad luck in the mains.

Round 1 Pro Buggy - I TQ'd by 6 seconds over 2nd place. Round 2 Buggy - I broke off my wing but had the fastest lap of the day - 34.1 - by more then 1 second. Round 3 - Andy Smolnik and I had top 6 runs. I should have qualified about 3rd or 4th by points but they used your 2 fastest times so I was 5th and Andy was 4th. At the start of the A-main, I worked my way up from 7th to 2nd by the 1st pit stop. A little over half way I took the lead from Ryan Lopez. I streatched out an 8 second lead with 6 minutes to go and we had lapped the whole field but then I broke a clutch bell after nose diving the 40 foot double. But Travis Scrambling worked his way into 2nd place, only his 2nd time racing the Matrix.

Round 1 of Pro Truck - I broke a connecting rod, and Andy Smolnik TQ'd with the only 9 lap run. Round 2 I TQ'd with the only 9 lap run. In round 3 Andy TQ'd with the only 9 lap run and I took 2nd with an 8 lap 5:00.14
We qwualified 1st and 2nd and Corey Johnson rounded out the top 3 with his Matrix TR Arena. Tony Pattishall also was in the A-main with his Matrix TR Arena. But in the main, my new engine flammed out on the grid so I started 2 laps down and it took about 15 minutes to get my engine tuned right. Andy was leading but his engine richened up also and he flammed out. I think Corey finished 3rd or 4th.
Machine's R/C H is offline   Reply With Quote