Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Associated RC8T3 >

Associated RC8T3

Like Tree49Likes

Associated RC8T3

Hide Wikipost
Old 09-19-2016, 08:08 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Associated RC8T3
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: sbrewer
Since I don't have one of these yet, Here is the wikipost for those in the know to post all the important info on the truggy!!http://https://www.teamassociated.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/RC8T3/setup_sheets/RC8T3_2016_Rivkin_DNC.pdf

Print Wikipost

Old 07-23-2016, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kakenballs
This may help with the arms breaking
I have recently purchased a set of these inserts, yet to fit them, I also think they will prevent arm breakages, I have`nt broken an arm yet ....

They are available from T-Works. which from memory are in China.....

https://www.rc-tworks.com/products/t...-for-ae-rc8-b3
Old 08-07-2016, 06:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I finally got the chance to drive the truck yesterday after a few week drought. I ran at the Bowl in PA for practice since there wasn't enough guys to run. They have a triple there that fights me, It sends ya a good 10' up in the air. I have a hard time staying straight when I come off the lip and sometimes miss the landing left or right and land on flat bottom. I didn't break anything on that jump, so kudos to the mugen arms. I drove off the track and rolled threw some big rocks/concrete and pulled a lunsford turnbuckle out of a stock end. Only breakage. I tried 10-20-7 diff fluids and that was not the set up for me on a dry, very dusty, blown out track. I couldn't keep the rear end planted. If the traction is real poor again I will try 10,000 in the center again. A fellow AE T3 owner said he use's 7-7-5. So I still have some experimenting to do. I switched the inserts to the dnc set up last week. I don't know what made the rear so loose the 20k center fluid or the suspension plate inserts? The only dnc thing I haven't done is move the rear swaybar back, What exactly does that do? A long long time track owner thought it was stuiped to move the sway bar back 3mm, "what the heII is that gonna do" he said. I'm gonna try it this week
Old 08-07-2016, 07:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racingnewb
I finally got the chance to drive the truck yesterday after a few week drought. I ran at the Bowl in PA for practice since there wasn't enough guys to run. They have a triple there that fights me, It sends ya a good 10' up in the air. I have a hard time staying straight when I come off the lip and sometimes miss the landing left or right and land on flat bottom. I didn't break anything on that jump, so kudos to the mugen arms. I drove off the track and rolled threw some big rocks/concrete and pulled a lunsford turnbuckle out of a stock end. Only breakage. I tried 10-20-7 diff fluids and that was not the set up for me on a dry, very dusty, blown out track. I couldn't keep the rear end planted. If the traction is real poor again I will try 10,000 in the center again. A fellow AE T3 owner said he use's 7-7-5. So I still have some experimenting to do. I switched the inserts to the dnc set up last week. I don't know what made the rear so loose the 20k center fluid or the suspension plate inserts? The only dnc thing I haven't done is move the rear swaybar back, What exactly does that do? A long long time track owner thought it was stuiped to move the sway bar back 3mm, "what the heII is that gonna do" he said. I'm gonna try it this week
Contact me on Facebook. I have your fix.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A fellow AE T3 owner said he use's 7-7-5. So I still have some experimenting to do. I switched the inserts to the dnc set up last week. I don't know what made the rear so loose the 20k center fluid or the suspension plate inserts? The only dnc thing I haven't done is move the rear swaybar back, What exactly does that do? A long long time track owner thought it was stuiped to move the sway bar back 3mm, "what the heII is that gonna do" he said. I'm gonna try it this week
The rear sway bay change makes the rear end have about 3mm roll before the sway bar engages. This generates more rear traction and I did back to back testing and definitely helps. If you take shock off and lift up 1 side you will see what i mean.

I run 10 15 7 on tracks like this with 35g under the centre rear driveshaft with good results. Also run the clutch softer to smooth out the power.
Old 08-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Good info man, Thanks. I could use all of the above benefits from the sway bar mod.
Old 08-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Tech Regular

Good info man, Thanks. I could use all of the above benefits from the sway bar mod.
Oh and make sure you have done the new diff shimming too. My truggy became almost undrivable one race and found the center diff was locked due to the large shims behind the sun gears coning out! Great drifting practice though

No issue since using the updated shimming.
Attached Thumbnails Associated RC8T3-v2-diff-shimming.jpg  
Old 08-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks bru00z, I will be ordering the required parts for diff shimming later today. I wonder if that had something to do with my truggy last weekend? My buggy handled better than my truggy last week since the truggy wanted to spin the wheels everywhere on the track.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:24 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks bru00z, I will be ordering the required parts for diff shimming later today. I wonder if that had something to do with my truggy last weekend? My buggy handled better than my truggy last week since the truggy wanted to spin the wheels everywhere on the track.
Definitely worth checking as your issue sounds similar to mine when the shims started to cone. Front and rear felt ok but you could see the shims starting to go so best to do all 3 while you are at it.
Old 08-13-2016, 05:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Question will the Proline enforcer T3 body fit the Mugen Mbx 7t with minor trimming?
Old 08-17-2016, 06:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm not sure about that body fitting on the mugen.
I'm a little confused after looking at every picture I can find of the new v2 diff shimming.
It looks like the clutch shims go on the outdrive outside of the diff housing/ring gear? So it looks like no shims go in between the o-ring/pin that the sun gear rides on. Every picture shows the clutch shims outside of the diff (ie not touching any diff fluid).
Am I understanding this correctly? Tonight when I redo the diffs, I am planning on putting the clutch shims outside the diff. I may stick with 10-10-7, but I will have a center ready to go with 30k. Maybe the shims are coned right now but 20k in the center had my truck almost undriveable last outing but that track was very dusty. 30k may be alright at lcrc this weekend. Hopefully there will be some t3's at lcrc this weekend and we can find a good set up.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

That is correct. There are no shims inside on the outdrives. The o-ring goes in and then the pin...
Old 08-17-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks silverstonev8, It didn't seem right to not put any shims behind the sun gear. I'll be shimmed up the right way later today.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well no problems with the new diff shimming, truck just rolls and rolls some more. I needed to tighten up the rear pinion mesh yesterday to stop it from skipping. I have a new problem now and that is the engine mount. I want a quick change mount, I stripped one of the engine mounting holes and would like a quick change rather then a stock replacement. I see there is a FT engine mount as well as a m2c quick change mount. Any recommendations on either of these "quick change mounts". Thanks Jeremy
Old 09-05-2016, 05:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Any new set ups out there? I've been running on a real tight technical track. I know of a few things I need to do but I was just wondering if there was any new set ups out there.
Old 09-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ran 7-5-5 yesterday w/ 42.5F and 40R shock oil. Im experimenting at the moment. I was running a bunch of brass under rear shaft and 2 m2c c plate weights trying to hook the rear up but the rear kept on slapping making me nose dive off jumps. So I removed some weight and went to heavier shock oil. The above helped alot, but I lost some steering. I'm not sure but I think the front shock oil is to heavy because if I tap the brakes the truck turns good. I'm gonna try 7 in the center and lighten up the shock oils this week. Other then the fluids truck has dnc set up. I'm not sure if the O-ring went bad but the rear diff was leaking, I put 1 clutch shim outside the the case and one big diff shim on top of the oring. This stopped the leaking but I fear the large diff shim will cone out faster then using 2 big shims under sun gears. I'll try the above changes and post back up next week. Some of the stuff I mentioned above may sound dumb but it is helping me understand what set up changes do and how the vehicle reacts to them. Receiver switch went on me yesterday on the straight and into the fence I went. Truck handled it pretty well for high speed fence crash. Only broke a mugen upper arm,shock shaft,and popped a pillow ball out which I replaced. I got sworkz arms on it now which are a little bit shorter since I had like negative 6 camber w/ the same amount of shims as the mugens. This truck is getting faster every week and I guess I am too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.