Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekno NB48.3 Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-04-2016, 11:31 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Tekno NB48.3 Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MattDub
What option parts should I consider buying with a new kit?
None are required but we recommend the following:

Springs:
Low Grip Track:
TKR8772 – Yellow Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8762 – Grey Low Frequency Front Springs

Low to Medium Grip Track:
TKR8773 – Orange Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8763 – Black Low Frequency Front Springs

Medium to High Grip Track:
TKR8774 - Red Low Frequency Rear Springs and TKR8764 - Pink Low Frequency Front Springs

TKR5199B – HRC Rear Hubs (L/R, CV or uni, EB/NB/ET/NT48/48.3) - Improves stability of the rear on mid to corner exit. Able to be on power earlier on corner exit.

TKR6146 - CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set

TiNi Shock Shafts
-TKR6017T (front)
-TKR6061T (rear)

This car is very durable. Here are the spare parts that I recommend you keep on hand:
TKR5020 – Hinge Pins (inner, front/rear)
TKR6061T – Rear Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating and TKR6017T – Front Shock Shafts w/ TiNi Coating
TKR5286 – Front Suspension Arms and TKR5184 – Rear Suspension Arms
TKR5194 – Spindle Carriers
TKR6009 – Shock O-Ring and Bladder Set (for 2 shocks)

Tips and Tricks

List of Vehicle Setup Adjustments and Build Tips can be found here. There are several videos and articles detailing the building of shocks, diffs, camber links, etc.

Page 17 Step M-3
Put the screw in upside down so that the head of the screw is in the hex spot that's molded into the spindle. This will aid in clearance in full droop / full steering.

Page 14 Step K-2
Use no less than 4 shims on the steering spindle to limit steering throw. I actually just use one 2mm ball stud washer from my 10th scale stuff since each shim is .5mm.

Warranty Policy:
Tekno RC is the only company in the industry that will give 50% off of parts if returned to them using the General Warranty return policy found on their website. The parts can be lightly used or completely abused, as long as the part is still being produced it's covered!

Piston Drills:
Some of our setups recommend using pistons that are enlarged. For instance 4x1.9 or 3x2.0. To drill the pistons we recommend the following:
GMK Supply Piston Drill Set
16PC Metric Bit Set Metric Sizes 2.00 to 3.00 MM.

Setup Sheets:
Setup sheets for all of our vehicles can be found here.

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tekno plastic is just about bomb proof. I'm with you on CVD's. I like the .3 but I'll either buy a MP9 or wait until Tekno has their universals out. But for durability the Tekno has been great for me. Never had a DNF due to breaking. Car has plenty of steering as well.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Any plans for a revised revised tanks? Still having cracking issues with the tanks.
Old 09-05-2015, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apco1
Any plans for a revised revised tanks? Still having cracking issues with the tanks.
The tanks were revised over a year ago. Where is yours cracking? Are you mounting it correctly with the grommets? Use 3x6mm screws instead of 3x8mm to mount the fuel line clips.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Addict

Hello everyone, just a heads up regarding Joe Bornhorst's latest setup from Wicked weekend. People have nothing but great things to say so let us know hat you think!

Click on the link to view the setup:

http://goo.gl/0zi7Tz
Old 09-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ilias
Hello everyone, just a heads up regarding Joe Bornhorst's latest setup from Wicked weekend. People have nothing but great things to say so let us know hat you think!

Click on the link to view the setup:

http://goo.gl/0zi7Tz
Anybody has his truggy setup from wicked? If so, can you post it in the NT48 forum?
Old 09-10-2015, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by qstorm777
Anybody has his truggy setup from wicked? If so, can you post it in the NT48 forum?
Done!
Old 09-10-2015, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Drake has a great video on how to properly mount fuel tanks. You may have the screws too tight which don't allow the tank to move freely thus cracking the tank.

Check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOvpWjWdIGY
Old 09-10-2015, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

I'm using the new shorter screws and leaving plenty of wiggle in the tank. Saw that Drake video a while back. Perhaps I'm still tightening things too much.

Just got a great deal on a D815 though. Been wanting to try something else. My Tekno has been a great car but I'm ready to see how it compares to something else. One or the other will soon be for sale.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Can you please send us some pics of the cracked tank? That would help. Haven't heard of any problems so I would be interested in looking at it. Please email us at [email protected]

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2015, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

I'll try to get some to you Ilias.

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2015, 01:56 PM
Tech Addict

I'll try to get some to you Ilias.

Thanks.
Please do. If possible please CC me as well. Email is [email protected] . Happy to help!

Regards
Old 09-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm using the new shorter screws and leaving plenty of wiggle in the tank. Saw that Drake video a while back. Perhaps I'm still tightening things too much.

Just got a great deal on a D815 though. Been wanting to try something else. My Tekno has been a great car but I'm ready to see how it compares to something else. One or the other will soon be for sale.
Also just curious. What level of driver are you and what type of surface do you race on?
Old 09-12-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thinking of putting a Buku clutch on my NB48.3. Can someone confirm the Tekno uses a 34mm and has anyone used one on their .3? If so, how did you like it?
Old 09-12-2015, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tbyrne1976
Thinking of putting a Buku clutch on my NB48.3. Can someone confirm the Tekno uses a 34mm and has anyone used one on their .3? If so, how did you like it?
Our vehicle does use a 34mm flywheel. I've been running a Buku for about a year now and it's good. It's greatly reduced clutch maintenance as the shoes last for ever. I got about six gallons on the first set and only changed them because the pins developed a little slop. I actually replaced the entire clutch assembly instead of only replacing the shoes. It's a three shoe so it's a little smoother on the bottom but you can adjust it to your liking. Brian with Buku runs our vehicles so he can help get you setup. It fits fine on the .3 but it does require shimming. You will want to pick up some 3x5 shims made by Kyosho. Be careful to remove excess grease from the bearings as any oil or grease makes the clutch slip excessively. I typically use an air compressor and blow out the grease then use a super thin oil but be careful to not oil excessively.
Old 09-12-2015, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattDub
Our vehicle does use a 34mm flywheel. I've been running a Buku for about a year now and it's good. It's greatly reduced clutch maintenance as the shoes last for ever. I got about six gallons on the first set and only changed them because the pins developed a little slop. I actually replaced the entire clutch assembly instead of only replacing the shoes. It's a three shoe so it's a little smoother on the bottom but you can adjust it to your liking. Brian with Buku runs our vehicles so he can help get you setup. It fits fine on the .3 but it does require shimming. You will want to pick up some 3x5 shims made by Kyosho. Be careful to remove excess grease from the bearings as any oil or grease makes the clutch slip excessively. I typically use an air compressor and blow out the grease then use a super thin oil but be careful to not oil excessively.
6 gal!! I wonder if I can get that kind of durability on the NT48? Shoot, I'll take 3 gal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.