2016 Dirt Nitro Challenge >

2016 Dirt Nitro Challenge

2016 Dirt Nitro Challenge

Old 02-14-2016, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

LiveRC will be broadcasting.

Neo will be there of course.

And I will be there friday. Bringing grill, carne asada, and a ton of guns for plinking!
Old 02-17-2016, 07:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here comes first videos from NB

Well, for me it gonna be very speedy DNC track, there is no mogul at all, there is no classic hairpins, to its ok to predict pit battle during A-mains.

And David Ronnefalk definitely needs to have his drivestyle fixed, its now completely out of sportsman being
Old 02-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
LiveRC will be broadcasting.

Neo will be there of course.

And I will be there friday. Bringing grill, carne asada, and a ton of guns for plinking!
Is there a shooting range close by?
Old 02-18-2016, 05:58 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by vandalzzz
Here comes first videos from NB

Well, for me it gonna be very speedy DNC track, there is no mogul at all, there is no classic hairpins, to its ok to predict pit battle during A-mains.

And David Ronnefalk definitely needs to have his drivestyle fixed, its now completely out of sportsman being
The track is not quick, at all. Very tight, several off cambers. 45 heats today, and by my heat (32) track was still not completely worked in. The track is not horsepower friendly. Ended up dropping my insert from 7.0 to 6.0, and softening my buku a lot.

Tires have been consistent with fear farm. In the day I ran a M3 lockdown - should have ran X3 though. At night for my second heat I ran a M3 holeshot and it was money.

Track is coming around a lot, although there are definitely some holes to fill.

The program is going FAST - they're doing a solid job of keeping the show moving, it's impressive.

Pit lane is a little odd to get into with the tight kink.

The two step ups are FUN. Right side triple is easy - has a huge lip. The double after it is giving truggies and anyone who can't carry speed lots of fits. There are 2-3 spots where literally "slow is faster" because of tiny lips that will make you get air.

The supercross style berm before the center triple is AWESOME. You can jump into almost and just rail it on the throttle.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:25 AM
JQ
Tech Master

I think the track is very fast! And we have a burm! Yay!
Old 02-18-2016, 07:46 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JQ
Always about perspective - the last course was much faster.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MX304
Is there a shooting range close by?
Yes several.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

The track is not quick, at all. Very tight, several off cambers. 45 heats today, and by my heat (32) track was still not completely worked in. The track is not horsepower friendly. Ended up dropping my insert from 7.0 to 6.0, and softening my buku a lot.

Tires have been consistent with fear farm. In the day I ran a M3 lockdown - should have ran X3 though. At night for my second heat I ran a M3 holeshot and it was money.

Track is coming around a lot, although there are definitely some holes to fill.

The program is going FAST - they're doing a solid job of keeping the show moving, it's impressive.

Pit lane is a little odd to get into with the tight kink.

The two step ups are FUN. Right side triple is easy - has a huge lip. The double after it is giving truggies and anyone who can't carry speed lots of fits. There are 2-3 spots where literally "slow is faster" because of tiny lips that will make you get air.

The supercross style berm before the center triple is AWESOME. You can jump into almost and just rail it on the throttle.
Great info, can you post some pics? esp of the b3, Trying to zoom in to see the diffs and any updated parts
Old 02-18-2016, 09:22 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Speedychris22
Great info, can you post some pics? esp of the b3, Trying to zoom in to see the diffs and any updated parts
I'm kind of weird about walking up to the AE pits and snapping pictures. That said, there are some interesting rumors floating around about some specific changes they've been running in the AE car - and no, it's not AE parts.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:25 AM
Suspended

I am not at the track today. However I will snap some pics tomorrow.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I'm kind of weird about walking up to the AE pits and snapping pictures. That said, there are some interesting rumors floating around about some specific changes they've been running in the AE car - and no, it's not AE parts.
lol yeah i hear you, looking at the pics the cars are def running mugen springs, not sure about the diffs, the front upper arm looks like it has slight different angle to it. Let us know what else you here.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

lol yeah i hear you, looking at the pics the cars are def running mugen springs, not sure about the diffs, the front upper arm looks like it has slight different angle to it. Let us know what else you here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/14397426-post2078.html
Old 02-18-2016, 05:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JQ
Was going to say from the practise vids it looked real fast and flowing. How is the LV going JQ? (not a trick/sarcastic question)
Old 02-18-2016, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Pics

I've been running around taking pics of all the pits, even have a close shot of an RC8 with the cover off. I didn't think about the "secrets" aspect of it!
Old 02-18-2016, 10:38 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
Was going to say from the practise vids it looked real fast and flowing. How is the LV going JQ? (not a trick/sarcastic question)
It's working really well actually! Really happy with it and only need to focus on driving!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.