Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEO X 2015

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I stand behind Ryan's opinion on all matters. Not sticking up for him but I have racrd from dirt bikes to modifieds to drag racing and even played pro paintball lol. Every sport has the people that wanna push the limits of what they can do and don't care how it reflects on them or the sport. I am just getting into the RC world and it seems like to me how paintball is and have a full time marshals that travel the circuit and that's all they do. That if dirty driving is goin on people should be docked spots. Trust me after the first time that happens they will think before they do it again! But far as tires go look at nascar people putting pin holes in tires. People are gonna cheat no matter what and that sucks just hope that carma bites them in the ass one day.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Keep doing what you're doing Ryan. I, for one, appreciate the honest insight that you bring to the table with what's going on behind the scenes. Maybe that's ignorant of me to say, but that's my take anyway.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DRCRacer299
The tire "cleaner" immediately softened the tires in one application. That doesn't wear off in 5 minutes. It was a 'cleaner' more harsh than most additives.

I wrote assumption because it stated in the rules that they follow BRCA rules and have for the past 6 years I have attended. I guess I'm the ass for believing some things would remain the same.

As mentioned above, this 'cleaner' softened tires with one application. It lasted indefinitely because it changes the softness of the rubber. It wasn't like some other additives that make a sticky feel that goes away like you mention.
Hi. I was there too, and I feel like a lot of people in here on RCtech are missing the point.

Before the event it was expressed clearly that tyre additives were forbidden.
Then after you've done your best at qualifying, you are surprised to find out later that people have been saucing the tyres all along.

Now I just think it should be fair for everyone. If the rules say no saucing, it means no saucing - for everyone. Not just no saucing for someone, and full saucing for others. One certain driver sauced so hard his tyre split open.

The tyre cleaner you mention, I have only ever used for cleaning the beads of the tyre before glueing tyres. I can however confirm that this stuff smells like the harshest stuff on the face of the planet, it's very strong.

As for the hacking comment. Yeah. It was the worst, people were being taken out left right and center, it's not sour grapes from Ryan Lutz, it's just how it was - not many gentlemen drivers.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

And people wonder why pros don't bother coming on here. Thanks for writing what I'd be unable to read anywhere else Ryan, and coming from you, we can pretty much take it to the bank.

What I'd really like to see is drivers like yourself take a stand next time and protest the race by not running your final. I understand this is your livelihood and puts food on your table so skipping the main makes zero fiscal sense, but the actions pros take are echoed for weeks, months, and years at local tracks and saucing is hardly something that should become popular in 8th scale. Perhaps if there's traction in the pits (pun intended) then you have more to join in your protest and it would make more noise. You have a large following, and I bet your sponsors like Tekno would understand and may even benefit from additional publicity.

Two final words: Control. Tire.

(This reply is based on the saucing/no-saucing crap, largely due to no one having the balls to stand up and act as the official to boot someone out. Seriously, grow a pair or stop taking people's money Phil. It's your event so frankly the buck stops with you.)
Old 04-07-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
so up until the Finals, it was Proline has a distinct advantage on tires. They are killing everyone. Then in the finals it was AKA 1,2,3
Top 3 magic sauce finish..
Meanwhile, before they started saucing, they were 1 sec slower per lap than PL.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Old 04-07-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Come on JQ,give us your insight on this..you never hold back
Old 04-07-2015, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Barry
yup, you liquid wrench clay tires (or WD40) and after a few runs on the track, the tires are a totally different animal. It's almost like they are a different compound. Keep in mind that saucing also helps get into the foams and soften them up too. It's more than just 'put sauce on and be fast for 6 min'.
prep and re-prep, ive only had treated tires treat me for a short time before giving up the ghost and get squirmy, only reason why i asked how they would fare for a super long main.. liquid wrench makes a chain lube that is pretty killer on slicks, like it better than wd40... bob, did jq know he could play with sauce? there were so many jq drivers in bump ups, one from greece, alex something and baird (sp?) who just boned it.. man i was rooting so hard...
Old 04-07-2015, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TV
I'm not saying everyone is clueless, just you.

Come on Ryan, you've been racing forever, you know how the tire game works. How many times has "the" tire from a warm up race worked at the actual event? It happened at Thornhill last year. It used to happen at Columbus every year. It's almost a running joke that when someone tells you "just bring X", you can bring everything but X and be safe. This isn't some weird instance of some anomalous tire from ten years ago being "the" tire, or someone having a test compound you can't get, you were just unprepared. You ran an indoor race on a track made of clay, and you didn't bring AKA's indoor tire in clay compound?
Originally Posted by AZRC4Me
And people wonder why pros don't bother coming on here. Thanks for writing what I'd be unable to read anywhere else Ryan, and coming from you, we can pretty much take it to the bank.
Ironically it's better watching pros treat each other like this.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
Ironically it's better watching pros treat each other like this.
Didn't realize who TV was until I re-read the post. Actually I disagree, pros should be more united to drive the industry to a better place. I know both guys so I'm not stepping in between.

I'm just upset that here's yet another huge trophy race with money on the line and there is damn near zero involvement in handing out rough driving penalties, penalizing people for rule breaking (saucing), etc. When are racers going to start putting the onus on the race directors and demand that they do something about it? It's their (the RD's) responsibility. They have no problems advertising all these great things about a race and taking your money, then when it's time to slap someone's hand for misbehaving, they cower in fear that they may "offend someone". Sack. Up. Also a large reason why I stopped spending my own money and vacation time to put money in their pockets.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Last edited by DRCRacer299; 04-08-2015 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Not worth my time sharing the truth anymore.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Where's the popcorn?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Lutz has been taking podium finishes while Vik has been taking.... selfies?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apco1
Lutz has been taking podium finishes while Vik has been taking.... selfies?
I'll just leave this here

http://www.liverc.com/view_result_fi...and=1977059837
Old 04-07-2015, 09:22 PM
Tech Regular

I wish more of the top drivers would get on and give opinions. This is why ryan is a fan favorite and will always will be. Man has a lot of passion for the sport. It's small people like me that spend the money with companies that in return sponsor the pros and I'm pretty sure ryan is one of the few that gets that and appreciates it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.