Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
1/8 8ight-T Gaser >

1/8 8ight-T Gaser

1/8 8ight-T Gaser

Old 03-22-2015, 07:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/8 8ight-T Gaser

So, new to this site... and I have a question. Is anyone out there having issues with the new dynamite .31 Gas engine's CDI box?

I broke my engine in (per the manual) and it was running fine, now I can't get the damn thing to hold idle at all. I can get it started and it revs high then just blaaaah, dies right out and won't start for about 5mins.

These are the things I have done.
- checked plug
- went to stock needle settings, and re tuned
- charged receiver pack and tried again
- gasoline is fresh and oil mixture is correct
- checked "pinch" in piston sleve
- tried moving the timing a little thinking the screw might of came lose during break in.

Please help.

-Steve

Last edited by uamckelvey; 03-22-2015 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-22-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Would it idle at stock settings?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by masher81
Would it idle at stock settings?
No, it wouldn't. I have absolutely no clue on what else to do.
Old 03-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Are you sure the Idle is turned up enough? I don't have any experience with the gasoline engine but when a nitro engine is new sometimes it won't idle because there is still to much pinch.(meaning it needs to break in more)
Old 03-23-2015, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Do a search, there is a thread on this and the crappy motor with all it's issues.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Read through this thread: http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...i-xxl-2-a.html I don't think anyone has figured out how to make that POS motor run right. Those who got close ended up with broken rods and gave up.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

With the XXL-2 they should have just released a nitro and a brushless RTR. Instead they have a flop. Same with the buggies and truggies. There is a market for nitro RTR truggies. Not for some .31 gasser with false promises of none of the supposed "hassle" of nitro , which is obviously their marketing approach(using clueless nitro-hating 12-year old Traxxas fanyboys and the hobby McChain store employees who pander to them as their focus group, apparently...) Very, very lame Losi.

The ridiculous irony of course is that this .31 requires just as much, if not more..., tuning and breaking in etc as a nitro. But costs more, has less performance, and even the fuel with this expensive oil isn't all that much cheaper.
Old 03-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Fucking Srevos

Finally figured out the god damn idle problems with this POS kit that I bought, Now both fucking servos fried on me today. This thing isn't 1 week old... and I have gone through 1 CDI box, and now 2 servos. REALLY HATING LOSI RIGHT NOW!!!!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

The CDI failed on my xxl 2 too. It did the same thing, it wouldn't hold idle, it would just die after a couple of seconds. Waiting for the replacement. After two rods this doesn't even bother me anymore. If it will work, fine, I may enjoy it a bit, if not, I'll get rid of it and look for something else...
Old 03-29-2015, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So they still havent made any improvements on the ConRod with these new 8ight-t kits??
Old 03-29-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Initiate

There must be a reason why these connecting rods are breaking. Maybe a lack of lubrication?
Weak design..?
Old 03-29-2015, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alnl1996
There must be a reason why these connecting rods are breaking. Maybe a lack of lubrication?
Weak design..?
Im guessing weak design or to much pinch on the engine. There Conrod does look very weak when next to the new GO Gasoline engine Conrod.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by speedworks
Im guessing weak design or to much pinch on the engine. There Conrod does look very weak when next to the new GO Gasoline engine Conrod.
Well, it is just a nitro engine converted to gasoline. Compared to the conrod from the 15cc gas engine from the Octane, ours does look very weak.

It also seems to be extremely sensitive to the break-in procedure. Just a little bit off by running it harder or not paying attention to the temps and it'll just give up.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Forget the pit......To work on this thing you gotta set up shop in a lemonade stand.
This is heinous.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Tech Rookie

OK I am here trying to figure out why 2.31 Dynamite motor don't stay at idle like it should or even run for that matter it will turn over and try to fire but that's all I get I have it in the the Losi 8ight t is what I have it in I replace my CDI box already because it was bad and I tried to get it up and running and now it won't even run at all I traded for it and I kind of got screwed not seeing the motor run to begin with and now I'm just having all kinds of problems with it so I was just wondering if anybody had an answer as far as where I need to go and what I need to do if I just need to start rebuilding the motor what I'm pretty disappointed in this already put a lot of money into this car and still ain't even got to drive it or anything

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.