Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Drake leaving TLR ????

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ssilverfz1
Good for you! By God when you can't win anymore you should quit.......this is RACING!!!!!!!

I have noticed at CLUB level racing this is typically what ends up killing the track. Which hurts THE RACERS as much as the hobbyist who is having fun. Fast guys yelling at slower ones to get out of the way, yelling at corner workers, cussing each other and other drivers. My local club had developed a RACING culture.......it got to the point where more people showed up for practice night than showed up to race. Why? Because THE RACERS typically took the fun out of it.

I am sure those track/hobby shop owners (you know the guy that provides you a place to RACE) would love to have more entry fees and people buying parts. You might just keep your track longer, or just open your own when he shuts down.

It's a hobby and there is room for both the hard core racer and the guy wanting to have fun.

Just my take.
If that is happening at your track that is crazy. It's up to the track to get things in order. Everyone is there to have fun. When racing isn't fun and you have to be miserable it's time to get out and do something else.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Tech Champion

Stirring the rumor mill?

Mystery driver to join Serpent off-road team
Old 02-03-2015, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ssilverfz1
Good for you! By God when you can't win anymore you should quit.......this is RACING!!!!!!!

I have noticed at CLUB level racing this is typically what ends up killing the track. Which hurts THE RACERS as much as the hobbyist who is having fun. Fast guys yelling at slower ones to get out of the way, yelling at corner workers, cussing each other and other drivers. My local club had developed a RACING culture.......it got to the point where more people showed up for practice night than showed up to race. Why? Because THE RACERS typically took the fun out of it.

I am sure those track/hobby shop owners (you know the guy that provides you a place to RACE) would love to have more entry fees and people buying parts. You might just keep your track longer, or just open your own when he shuts down.

It's a hobby and there is room for both the hard core racer and the guy wanting to have fun.

Just my take.
Well, I actually do part own, and operate, the longest standing track in Ohio

If YOUR track has those issues, then I feel bad for you and them. We don't tolerate it, and it's not an issue here. We can be COMPETITIVE, without the childishness, I would assume other places can as well, but that's on the track as much as it is the racers.

And, when I talk about dilution of Talent, I'm talking the good racers, that are now broken up into several classes instead of competing against each other. They aren't going to act any different regardless. Easy wins are boring for them, and I can only go by what I've been told......that because of this, racing is no longer fun for them. Since I run a track, I keep an ear open for whatever beefs people here have. These guys either migrate to only racing big races, or quit the hobby. Without good racers, tracks die just as fast as without the casual racer, probably faster. They are the ones there every weekend, every practice, and not the once a month racers.

I do get what you are saying though, I see it at big races I travel to. We call it the "8th scale crowd". They are intense, and very serious, and yes, it does boil over sometimes and sometimes ruins the fun. I've done less and less of these, and more and more 5th scale racing. 5th scale is way more laid back and fun, and competitive without the childishness, much like club racing here. It's also good for old guys as you don't have to have the lightening fast reflexes

If I was Drake, I'd just quit RC and race something real. Get in a roll cage and have at it!! Nothing left for him to prove. He's like the Jeremy McGrath of Offroad RC, time for a new challenge!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
I have a feeling that one is Neumann?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
If that is happening at your track that is crazy. It's up to the track to get things in order. Everyone is there to have fun. When racing isn't fun and you have to be miserable it's time to get out and do something else.
Cuts both ways though, driver and Marshall etiquette is terrible at most tracks...a drivers meeting laying out a few things would be in order!

Totally agree with not shouting for marshals but you have to wonder what they are watching if they consistently out people down on wrong parts of the track. Plus there is an attitude in many places of "I paid the same money so yes I will race the guy who's lapping me for the 2nd time".

There's also a NASCAR mentality of bumping often. Had it this last wele where I race, leading a final and he guy in 2nd openly just states "not following anymore, gonna have to bump him off"...why not just try and race clean??

I have been fast, and I have been slow. I still enjoyed racing slow better when I get out of the way of the fast guys rather than ruin their race.

Not actually blaming the drivers so much for this, as it's rare for tracks to really go through and remind people of the etiquette!
Old 02-03-2015, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
They said Central Europe, so I'm would bet Neumann.
Old 02-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Cuts both ways though, driver and Marshall etiquette is terrible at most tracks...a drivers meeting laying out a few things would be in order!

Totally agree with not shouting for marshals but you have to wonder what they are watching if they consistently out people down on wrong parts of the track. Plus there is an attitude in many places of "I paid the same money so yes I will race the guy who's lapping me for the 2nd time".

There's also a NASCAR mentality of bumping often. Had it this last wele where I race, leading a final and he guy in 2nd openly just states "not following anymore, gonna have to bump him off"...why not just try and race clean??

I have been fast, and I have been slow. I still enjoyed racing slow better when I get out of the way of the fast guys rather than ruin their race.

Not actually blaming the drivers so much for this, as it's rare for tracks to really go through and remind people of the etiquette!

When I started to race the track had o tolerance for hacking and rough driving. So I have maintained that in my driving.

You get a stop and go for bumping here. The attitude here is nothing like you described. I'm usually fast enough to get away from people. If you are faster I will not hold you up. Just give me a chance to move over or we both lose. Touring car was the roughest class I ever raced. Offroad has had far better manners and friendlier people.

Look forward to seeing where Adam ends up. Best of Luck to Adam! You have been a class act from the first time I met you way back when you raced for Race Prep.
Old 02-04-2015, 03:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
They said Central Europe, so I'm would bet Neumann.
I noticed the Neumann mention but missed the Central Europe part. I see this has been posted in the Silly Season thread where it probably belongs.
Old 02-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

you all must be sleeping or I missed it on here,

http://www.neobuggy.net/2015/01/30/d...-sworkz-bound/
Old 02-07-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

U missed it
Old 02-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ha yes, I figured so. it was posted on jan 30.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

So no one has spotted The Drake anywhere on the planet testing something getting ready for DNC? What's he wearing a mustache and glasses hiding from us all?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

http://www.liverc.com/news/special_f...w_deal_intact/
Old 02-12-2015, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (98%+)

Very interesting. ..he would have options on several cars and engines etc running for amain...
Old 02-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wow. Hope he lands somewhere good and that he does well...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.