Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3 >

Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3

Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3

Old 01-01-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Decision time - new car Losi 3.0 or Kyosho MP9 TKi3

I know that this has probably been debated at length, but if I were to buy a new 1/8 nitro car between these two, which would you choose:

Losi 8ight 3.0 or Kyosho MP9TKi3?

Thank you
Old 01-01-2015, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Recently switched from mp9 to hb d812. Way Impressed! You save much cash for tires.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pword
Recently switched from mp9 to hb d812. Way Impressed! You save much cash for tires.
+1 Drives like a Kyosho with more durability and a better price point.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I was about to say, why pick either of those when you can get a d812
Old 01-01-2015, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How about the most underated and one of the highest quality cars on the market. Serpent 811 2.1
Old 01-01-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Losi. Done.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Both are legit. More support and driver setup info from TLR. Cant go wrong with either.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

[QUOTE=robracing;13753928]I know that this has probably been debated at length, but if I were to buy a new 1/8 nitro car between these two, which would you choose:

I have raced both cars over the past 2 years. The Kyosho is pretty easy to find a setup for and you hardly have to change it from track to track. K car is overall easier to drive than the losi and is awesome on rough tracks. Losi is a fast and twitchy car, kind of feels on edge all the time. I felt like I struggled when track conditions became rough. The losi is very durable however, I had the most success at finishing races with the losi. I actually had more parts break on the K car. I really liked how easy the losi is to make short run up jumps, car jumps great. I felt like it took more time to find the right setup for the losi but I was able to make it work for me. Both cars have there strong points as well as there flaws. Either one is a good car.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jpz_67;13754051]
Originally Posted by robracing
I know that this has probably been debated at length, but if I were to buy a new 1/8 nitro car between these two, which would you choose:

I have raced both cars over the past 2 years. The Kyosho is pretty easy to find a setup for and you hardly have to change it from track to track. K car is overall easier to drive than the losi and is awesome on rough tracks. Losi is a fast and twitchy car, kind of feels on edge all the time. I felt like I struggled when track conditions became rough. The losi is very durable however, I had the most success at finishing races with the losi. I actually had more parts break on the K car. I really liked how easy the losi is to make short run up jumps, car jumps great. I felt like it took more time to find the right setup for the losi but I was able to make it work for me. Both cars have there strong points as well as there flaws. Either one is a good car.
I would agree with this except; over the long term, you are going to freshen the Losi more as they have not done much for the wear with the plastics. It's fast and you better be in front of the car or it's going to run you over. I found the same with the D812 - the same with the wear. Plus, how long does it take to bring a simple radio tray update to market? Parts support leaves something to be desired. Team guys give good support on all 3 of these cars, but in the case of the Losi and the Kyosho, you can drive the same car as the team guys.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Spads11;13754260]
Originally Posted by jpz_67

I would agree with this except; over the long term, you are going to freshen the Losi more as they have not done much for the wear with the plastics. It's fast and you better be in front of the car or it's going to run you over. I found the same with the D812 - the same with the wear. Plus, how long does it take to bring a simple radio tray update to market? Parts support leaves something to be desired. Team guys give good support on all 3 of these cars, but in the case of the Losi and the Kyosho, you can drive the same car as the team guys.
I always get a kick out of reading how the Losi wears. Mine is almost a year old and I just replaced the arms on it. I have not broke one single part on the car all year and we pretty much run 52 weeks a year here. I just ordered a chassis for the car this morning.

Let's take a look at the Kyosho which is no question a fantastic car. They break and cost money to fix. So as the year goes replacing broken parts will outweigh the cost of keeping your Losi fresh.

Either way these threads are pissing matches between who runs what. He never asked about a Serpent or the HB. If I were to run one of those 2 it would be the HB though as support for the Serpent around these parts is non existent. Same goes for the Kyosho these days. I don't know anyone that has one around here anymore.
Old 01-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Thanks JoePit
Old 01-01-2015, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

[QUOTE=jpz_67;13754051]
Originally Posted by robracing

Brilliant descriptions. I agree with your take on these
Old 01-01-2015, 01:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

[QUOTE=JoePit;13754286]
Originally Posted by Spads11

I always get a kick out of reading how the Losi wears. Mine is almost a year old and I just replaced the arms on it. I have not broke one single part on the car all year and we pretty much run 52 weeks a year here. I just ordered a chassis for the car this morning.

Let's take a look at the Kyosho which is no question a fantastic car. They break and cost money to fix. So as the year goes replacing broken parts will outweigh the cost of keeping your Losi fresh.

Either way these threads are pissing matches between who runs what. He never asked about a Serpent or the HB. If I were to run one of those 2 it would be the HB though as support for the Serpent around these parts is non existent. Same goes for the Kyosho these days. I don't know anyone that has one around here anymore.
Opinions are exactly that, opinions. I have driven both and gave my experiences with both - no pissing about it as no one puts money in my pocket except me. And if he didn't ask about HB, why give your opinion about and the Serpent in the end?
Old 01-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Never said anything good or bad about the Serpent. I've never owned anything but Losi so I guess my opinion is biased also.
Old 01-01-2015, 02:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JoePit
Never said anything good or bad about the Serpent. I've never owned anything but Losi so I guess my opinion is biased also.
We all bring luggage to the party, it's up to the OP to decide what they want to believe and go with. I find all the opinions helpful, but in the end, they have to live with the car. I usually find it better when folks say WHY they went with a particular car and, no offense, I pretty much take the team guys with a grain of salt as that's their job to promote their brands.

Reading the threads on the cars is immensely useful to those wanting to really research a brand before buying to see what is really what as most things come to the surface there. I.E., what people upgrade, replace, and/or how much hunting there is for a good base setup or from track to track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.