Old 04-27-2006, 11:39 PM   #121
Tech Champion

Can't find Hyper8 instruction manual on ofna's website

( I want to study it before I buy ).
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:00 AM   #122
Tech Champion

Hehehe..... I just bought it.

Really satisfied with Hyper8. Give some photos as soon as I finish rebuilding it.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #123
Tech Regular

asw i'am sure you will be very pleased with the car like all of us 8 owners are. also when you rebuild your car leave the oil in the diffs. i got my car and switch all the diff oil to 5,7,2 front to rear and was not very happy with this. i then switched to 5,5,2, and it was better but didn't have a lot of off power steering and tons of on power steering. i saw paul coleman at the track and he told me to try a 3,3,1 so i did and the car came together and had a good balance of on and off power steering and still had snap with the 3 in the center and my track has some staggered mounds with this setup i could power thru them no matter the line. before i had to go slow and try to find a line. this setup works with this car. also if you want a little more drive from the rear end you can go 3,3,3, i heard this is degani's setup.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:52 PM   #124
Tech Adept

Could I get someone to look in the directions and give me the part # for that air filter set. I got to have one. Thanks
yamrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:43 AM   #125
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Mind_Blower

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamrace
Could I get someone to look in the directions and give me the part # for that air filter set. I got to have one. Thanks
Part number 28062

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the filter neck is different than normal. 28062 does not come with it.
Old 05-10-2006, 02:31 PM   #126
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tmaxxking
Talking nitrohouse

call him nitro dude knows every part number by heart

rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=106423
tmaxxking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 03:32 PM   #127
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

more thoughts on this buggy please
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #128
Tech Regular

Anymore comments on the H8 during racing and can anybody tell me if the PCR edition for the H8 is for sale on the market already?
thanks Norman
norman2cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:23 AM   #129
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Talking Living with the H8

I have found the car wears very well. Shocks don't leak. Diffs don't leak. It is very responsive to adjustments. It turns very aggresive. You can easily get controlled rotation. It is very planted and does not break loose where other cars struggle for traction.
I have only replaced a couple of bushings to keep the suspension tight and accurate.
The stock clutch could be better. This is a personal preference.
The pipe chokes the motor unless you have a high horsepower engine. I changed the pipe with incredible results.
The car is easy to work on as far as layout and screw locations go.

FYI - I race mine 2 nights a week and usually have 1 full day of practice as well.

It is not the smooth drive train of the Xray or Kyosho cars. But it is much more stable.
It does not have as many parts available as the Mugen but I think that will change soon.
It does wear very well and you really don't need extra parts
You get alot for your $420 when compaired to any other race kit. It is by far the best bang for the buck.

You gat a car, motor and steering servo for the same price as the others.
TEX
(972) 271-4844
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:04 AM   #130
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex1
I have found the car wears very well. Shocks don't leak. Diffs don't leak. It is very responsive to adjustments. It turns very aggresive. You can easily get controlled rotation. It is very planted and does not break loose where other cars struggle for traction.
I have only replaced a couple of bushings to keep the suspension tight and accurate.
The stock clutch could be better. This is a personal preference.
The pipe chokes the motor unless you have a high horsepower engine. I changed the pipe with incredible results.
The car is easy to work on as far as layout and screw locations go.

FYI - I race mine 2 nights a week and usually have 1 full day of practice as well.

It is not the smooth drive train of the Xray or Kyosho cars. But it is much more stable.
It does not have as many parts available as the Mugen but I think that will change soon.
It does wear very well and you really don't need extra parts
You get alot for your $420 when compaired to any other race kit. It is by far the best bang for the buck.

You gat a car, motor and steering servo for the same price as the others.
TEX
Tex,

I have the similar opinion, I was having throttle servo issues the other day at the track and causing my throttle to hang. Well, least to say I hit the wall a couple times head on full throttle. I was leading the B-Main at the time. The Kyosho guys were laughing at me, "haha, look at that piece of sh*t OFNA!"

I then decided to pull it off the track not to risk any further damage. Well, the Kyosho guys all huddled around me when I pulled it off.........and to their amazement and mine, nothing had broke!! They were all impressed, and I was too.

Just like Tex said, the car is laid out well and very easy to work on, easier to work on than my Jammin that I sold. The car also responds well to changes and you can feel the difference in the car when you make the changes.

I have done a couple things to the car since I got it. I did the mods that Nitrohouse recommends, here is the link:http://www.nitrohouse.com/Tech_Tips_for_the_Hyper8.htm

I also drilled the rear shock tower to have the car get more rear bite.
[IMG][/IMG]
Photo was courtesy of kingpissant off of the OFNA Forums.

The last thing that I did was get a set of Jammin Big Bore shocks. That was the most dramatic improvement I made, the car was much more responsive and consisitant once I did that.

I had a Jammin X1-CR Factory Team car before I got this one. The Jammin was a great car, but I personally feel that I can drive this car a little more aggressive than the Jammin, but I don't feel like I am overdriving it? If that makes sense??

Everyone needs to remember that this car is still in it's infancy and that it's only going to be getting better as it ages. The car is as durable as they come, it comes with everything you need to make changes on the car, not to mention it's pretty darn fast as well.

If I had to do it all over again........I would of prolly got one sooner than I did.

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #131
Tech Regular

the big bore shocks on th hyper8 are what a couple of people from the ofna forum have done, they are not recommended by paul coleman because in designing this car they tried to lower the center of gravity and to do so they lowered the shock towers and installed shorter shocks. even with the shorter shocks this car has much more uptravel than the jammin. but it does not have as much downtravel at an angle. (i.e. if you compress the car down on one side you will find that the shocks will bottom before the chassis hits the ground any shock that is longer would make this worse.) there is nothing wrong with the stock shocks and you may have noticed more consistancy by running the big bore springs. for example kortz has been running kyosho springs on his 8. i have not tried this personally but i will be trying x-ray or mugen springs in the future as i think they will be more consistant than the ho bao ones. i will report when i have had a chance to test.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #132
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
the big bore shocks on th hyper8 are what a couple of people from the ofna forum have done, they are not recommended by paul coleman because in designing this car they tried to lower the center of gravity and to do so they lowered the shock towers and installed shorter shocks. even with the shorter shocks this car has much more uptravel than the jammin. but it does not have as much downtravel at an angle. (i.e. if you compress the car down on one side you will find that the shocks will bottom before the chassis hits the ground any shock that is longer would make this worse.) there is nothing wrong with the stock shocks and you may have noticed more consistancy by running the big bore springs. for example kortz has been running kyosho springs on his 8. i have not tried this personally but i will be trying x-ray or mugen springs in the future as i think they will be more consistant than the ho bao ones. i will report when i have had a chance to test.
Kortz and Degani are both running the Big Bores on their cars now, not the stock Hyper 8 shocks. Only thing that I did was put the smaller rod ends on the Big Bores to get the correct right height.

I am running the Mugen gray springs also.........

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:59 PM   #133
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Anyone know if a 2 cell LiPo will fit in the Rx box? Thx
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 11:49 PM   #134
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
Kortz and Degani are both running the Big Bores on their cars now, not the stock Hyper 8 shocks. Only thing that I did was put the smaller rod ends on the Big Bores to get the correct right height.

I am running the Mugen gray springs also.........

-Seann
Big bore shock = more oil ?

From which car ?

I was thinking to buy GTR shock from REVO.
Old 05-15-2006, 06:44 AM   #135
Tech Addict

they are the big bore jammin/hong nor X1CR ones. hobao is supposed to be developing a better big bore shock similar to the jammin ones.
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote