R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-17-2007, 01:28 PM   #661
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@46u

Yeah, I'm the same 'squirrel'.

I use the rabidsquirrel moniker everywhere, and have done so for quite some time.

I knew about the maintenance. If I run, it will be up at the Sugarbowl.

Later,

-Shawn
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #662
Tech Initiate

has anyone tried different spring combinations on thier clutches on the hyper 8. i seen a video clip on nitrohouse about clutches and he said .he liked 2 light springs and one heavier for smoother acceleration.wondering if anyone else has tried this.
793bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #663

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

I haven't tried any "combinations". I use the shoes and springs that come on the MGT monster truck. They last longer than the OFNA shoes, and engage smoother too. I did try running the gold springs one weekend, and I didn't care for them.

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:56 PM   #664
Tech Initiate

i got a new set of rear hubs for my car.they no longer have the inserts for them.they just have 2 holes at the bottom.also got the new center brace for the fr2 chasis that should be in any day.my wife got me the team magic hauler bag for me at xmas .that is a nice bag to haul your car and the junk that you need,
Old 02-03-2007, 04:12 AM   #665
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default RMV Springs

Hi,

i m using jamming big bore shocks with RMV blue Springs n dual stage pistons.They wrk great.
SuperEk4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 08:17 PM   #666
Tech Initiate

anyone here when the new hyper 8 shocks are coming out.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:17 AM   #667
Tech Initiate

wow where is everyone.has anyone tried ceramic bearings in there hubs at all.i was thinking of putting them in the diffs and the clutch.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 AM   #668

Haven't gotten to race in a while due to the weather here. Headed down to Jeff City, Missouri to race indoor nitro on the tenth of March. I can't wait!!!

I have a tendency to not replace something that isn't broken, I guess. The stock bearings have been more than trustworthy for me with regular maintenance, so I personally haven't tried any other bearings. I don't think that you can go wrong with ceramic bearings, they're just not worth the extra money to me unless their is a problem to address.
I would rather buy something that I know I need for racing, rather than luxuries that I don't feel I need.
But then again, I don't have a lot of extra money right now...lol.
Let us know what you think if you try them....

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 03-03-2007, 08:59 AM   #669
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (99%+)

alright guys so here is my dilemna. i have a jammin x1 rtr that has been upgraded with alot of parts. i just purchased a hyper 8. its very hard for me to let go of the jammin, i know that i should but still. i bought a os vspec for the hyper 8. has anyone ever had these two buggies at the same time? how do they compare? its hard for me to let go of my jammin. what to do, what to do? i don't want to have two 1/8 scale buggies, anyone had this problem. i don't want to get rid of the jammin and regret it because the hyper 8 wasn't worth the hype. open to feedback.
Bulldawg RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:52 AM   #670
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Go for the hyper 8
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dsc00018.jpg  
mac75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:21 PM   #671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg RC
alright guys so here is my dilemna. i have a jammin x1 rtr that has been upgraded with alot of parts. i just purchased a hyper 8. its very hard for me to let go of the jammin, i know that i should but still. i bought a os vspec for the hyper 8. has anyone ever had these two buggies at the same time? how do they compare? its hard for me to let go of my jammin. what to do, what to do? i don't want to have two 1/8 scale buggies, anyone had this problem. i don't want to get rid of the jammin and regret it because the hyper 8 wasn't worth the hype. open to feedback.
I know that my H8 has outrun many Jammin buggies on the track, and it costs only about half the price. Does that mean the H8 is better than a Jammin? No. Does it mean that it is not as good as a Jammin? No. Does it mean that I was just a better driver? No.

What it means is...that you can spend half the money for the H8, and if you can drive at all, it is capable of beating any buggy on the track......for half the cost....

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 03-09-2007, 12:21 AM   #672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well said WYLDTHING,

All I know is I love my HYPER 8 as I think it suits my driving style well.Hey now don`t con all these people into buying a HYPER 8 or our Ebay deals might be harder to come by
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:42 AM   #673
Tech Regular

Go Hyper 8, hope you dont have problems with your vspec, i had to retire mine after 11 litres, the back bearing went and inturn cracked the crank case, id diff invest in a ceramic back bearing, os have known for a while that they have bearing problems in the vspec.

793bob: id diff go with ceramics in the clutch bell, ive found they do last alot longer, for the wheel hubs, i wouldnt worry about it, i have not done a bearing in the hubs yet and ive put over 13 litres through the chassis, i do service all the bearings once a month though. I use ceramics in the centre diff just as a precautionary thing, but i dont think its a must have.
FrankBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:30 AM   #674

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomanpat
Hey now don`t con all these people into buying a HYPER 8 or our Ebay deals might be harder to come by
LOL!! Ya, I have noticed already this year that the parts on ebay are really going up!!...lol. I hate it when that happens!!

Frank...I have the ceramic bearings for the V-Spec already, I just haven't changed them yet. I'll finish break-in before I do. If the weather will cooperate, I'll finish that up today!
Can't wait for tomorrow to go and FINALLY do some nitro racin! I love Iowa, but the winters just plain stink!...lol.

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 03-09-2007, 02:42 PM   #675
Tech Initiate

it's probably gonna be the end of april before i can drive my hyper 8,the waiting is driving me crazy.how far do you guys turn your droop srcews in the front and rear for bumpy tracks.also i was thinking of running 3f 5c and 2r for diff oils.