Ofna Hyper8 stingray

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ofna Hyper8 stingray

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Brad. Thanks for the advice on set up. Yeah, droop, that was the key. I wound them grub screws in a ways and wham! Much better. Loads more bite from the front and way less traction rolling, even on the grippy grass I rip up. Just got wait till the end of the month to race cos the tracks are being repaired due to bad weather.
Old 01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What kind of problems should I be experiencing with no droop dialed out... full travel?
Old 01-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

hi rabidsquirrel

how do you like the fr2 chasis,did you see any difference in handling with it.what other goodies are you running on your car.out here it is full blown winter in canada ,tonight it is going to be 40 below with the windchill.gonna be awhile before i can try my hyper 8 out.thought i would buy all the goodies through winter.
Old 01-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

@Bob

Honestly, I've not had a chance to run it yet, although I'm planning to race it tomorrow if I get enough time tonight to work on it and pack up the war wagon.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I talked to a few people who race the 8 on a weekly basis and they all swear by it.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

@Bob

I read some of the earlier posts and saw that you bought Russ' car.

It should be pretty well setup if he owned it. Stick with his baseline and experiment with it.

BTW ~ I run the Jammin' FTE Big Bores on mine, and love them. They are a worthwhile investment IMO.

Also running carbon fibre disks (Brakes) for the first time tomorrow. Should be an interesting day!

Later,

Old 01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
Tech Regular

I didn't get to run this last weekend, so no reviews on the upgrades I've added yet...

Sorry guys!

Hopefully I'll be able to run next weekend...

Old 01-16-2007, 11:22 AM
46u
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you are the person I think you are you will not be running at Loganville this week and as they are doing maintenance and will not be back up till first of February. I rode up to Rodslingers this past Sunday hoping to get in some practice and they are down for the same reason. Hope to be going to Fayetteville this weekend for practice. If you are not the person I think you are sorry for the mistake.

Still have not put my center differential brace in mine yet and have the extended King Headz easy change motor mount on the way.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jason Mills
Hey Brad. Thanks for the advice on set up. Yeah, droop, that was the key. I wound them grub screws in a ways and wham! Much better. Loads more bite from the front and way less traction rolling, even on the grippy grass I rip up. Just got wait till the end of the month to race cos the tracks are being repaired due to bad weather.
Hey Jason;
Glad to hear that helped!!! Fill us in on how it races for you now when you can....
Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by LSUsportsfreak
What kind of problems should I be experiencing with no droop dialed out... full travel?
The car will be very "sloppy", meaning it won't feel very responsive, and won't react to input very fast. It will also traction roll very easily. I can't even imagine trying to race it running full droop.
Get the grub screws back in there and you'll notice a HUGE difference in the way it steers and corners...and jumps too, for that matter. Good luck!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I did that at our club race this past weekend. Didn't really measure how much droop I dialed out, just made sure it was relatively even. You're right, it handled awesome. I could concentrate on being fast instead of staying right side up. Finished 4th behind 2 sponsored drivers and a long time track regular. Can't wait to fool with it some more and really smoke it up. One thing is certain, my RB S7 competes with all motors on that track. Now it's time to get fast AND consistent. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hi people,
Has anyone tried the RMV progressive springs out?
Are they worth the coin or am I better to stick with the stock springs.
I am really looking for something that may help on a really rough blown out clay track.
If anyone has a setup that works on a bombsite, hook me up with a link.
Old 01-16-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

try the mugen long blues and you will be set
Old 01-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

Hi rocket, you seem to like those springs huh
They are a big bore spring which is a little stiffer right?
What else exactly do I need to run them? Is it just the lower collar set?
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah i tried the progressive springs when i had the hyper 8,honestly i used them once and took them straight off,our track was rough and they were to hard,i really didnt give them a chance and change the oil but i think a smooth track or a relatively smooth track would really suit the springs
Old 01-17-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

yeah all you should need is the lower collar set, try the jammin set, i know that the mugen set didn't fit as well around the plastic eyelet. The springs still worked great though. they are just slightly stiffer than the stock blues and the mugen springs have a little more springyness to them than other springs. it will be worth the money

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.