R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #631
Tech Initiate

Does the car handle any better with the FR2 chassis?
BrainMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #632
Tech Regular

check out the Go Technologies 5port right at the $200 mark engines scream just as fast as a rossi p5, great all around engine and great longevity and fuel mileage. way more than 3 gallons. Check the u.s. internet dealers they have them in stock
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #633
Tech Initiate

Hello? anyone even have this chassis?

$%$#@%$&!!!!
BrainMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:02 PM   #634

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainMuffin
Hello? anyone even have this chassis?

$%$#@%$&!!!!
Nope, never had any issues with the stock one....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #635
Tech Addict

the 2 chassis is great on outdoors... the stock is better for tighter indoor type tracks... we tested 3 or 4 different chassis, and the 2 was the best of the group.. gives +2 in both front and back of chassis.. makes more stable on chop and bumps and seems to be better in corners... stock chassis has more of a quick feel to it.
hope that helps some.
rickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 AM   #636
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just installed my FR2 chassis a few days ago. I'll be racing tomorrow with it if the weather holds out.

I'll let you guys know how it goes...

Recent upgrades installed:

FR2 Chassis
Center Diff Bracing
Carbon Fibre brake discs
Extended Engine Mount

I also run Jammin FTE big bore shocks on it (Love them)...
Lunsford Titanium all around as well.
P5X
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:52 PM   #637
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper8 understeer

Question for you. I like to steer with the back end of the car, plenty of rotation and oversteer if you know what I mean. My XX4 swings a treat but I can't get my Hyper8 to do that nice drifty stuff, she just understeers and ploughs on (long grass, short grass, wet or dry asphalt). Got nice heavy diff oil up front and middle, with light in the rear. Any suspension settings suggested for maximum oversteer?
Jason Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:19 PM   #638

Hi Jason;
Here's the link to the page with the basic set-up that I am still running. It was Rockets set-up, and I just tuned it a little for my driving style. It pretty much eliminated the push that I had in mine, BUT, I don't run on grass or asphalt, so it may not work for you. Also, I was trying to find a balance of front and rear "steering" with the bug, so you may have to make some extra adjustments as well to get the rear end as loose as it sounds like you are wanting it. Make sure your droop settings are correct too, as this really effects this bugs handling, more so than the other buggies I have driven anyway....hope this helps. Let us know if it works for you...

Ofna Hyper8 stingray

Squirrel;
Let us know how you like the hop-ups, I'm anxious to hear...

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 01-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #639
Tech Initiate

i just got my hyper 8 this week,i bought rocket 42's car from him .the is great shape just needs the rear hubs and link ends,rocket42 is a great a guy to deal with .i bought a rb concept s5 engine for it with a rb 2045 manifold.i am also curious if the 2 chasis makes that much of a difference or not.the car sure is alot more beefer than my mayhem rtr.do the jammin shocks make that much of a difference too.
793bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #640
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to suntok2 Send a message via AIM to suntok2 Send a message via Yahoo to suntok2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 793bob
i just got my hyper 8 this week,i bought rocket 42's car from him .the is great shape just needs the rear hubs and link ends,rocket42 is a great a guy to deal with .i bought a rb concept s5 engine for it with a rb 2045 manifold.i am also curious if the 2 chasis makes that much of a difference or not.the car sure is alot more beefer than my mayhem rtr.do the jammin shocks make that much of a difference too.
I heard Hobao will come out with the new shock for Hyper8
suntok2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:44 AM   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by 793bob
Hey Bob;
Welcome to the H8 family!! You'll love the S5 engine too!!! They are great on fuel mileage, and run extremely well!!They are a mid to high RPM engine, which makes them easier to drive, in my opinion, especially if the track is slick. If there is a lot of bite, you will want to drop a tooth with the spur gear to get a little more lowend out of it. I typically run the 13 tooth bell.
I haven't used the big bore shocks myself. I have spoke to some people that have and got mixed reviews on them. Some liked them, some didn't. Seemed like the ones that liked them were running on tracks that were more rough and blown out. The ones that didn't like them said it made the car feel to soft and unresponsive. I don't run on blown out tracks, so for me, it wasn't "broke" so I didn't feel the need to "fix it".
Have fun with the bug, it's a great bug to race with!!!

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 01-07-2007, 03:48 PM   #642
Tech Rookie

Hi guys just got my new Hyper 8. I have been racing a Thunder Tiger S3 for the past 2 yrs.
Well is there any problems with the H8, Steering joints, Bending Chassis, Week and worn out rear hubs, Tank, Reciever box lid,
I have owned a h7 pbs pro and was happy with it ,than bought a tt s3, Which is a good car now with the new flat chassis.
I here there are guys running x1cr big bore shocks is this a good thing?? i had no problem with the h7 shocks .
From what i see the hyper8 is well built may be people are a little rough on them. PLEASE let me know your thoughts on these so called problems..
Mad Alli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:03 PM   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Alli
Hi guys just got my new Hyper 8. I have been racing a Thunder Tiger S3 for the past 2 yrs.
Well is there any problems with the H8, Steering joints, Bending Chassis, Week and worn out rear hubs, Tank, Reciever box lid,
I have owned a h7 pbs pro and was happy with it ,than bought a tt s3, Which is a good car now with the new flat chassis.
I here there are guys running x1cr big bore shocks is this a good thing?? i had no problem with the h7 shocks .
From what i see the hyper8 is well built may be people are a little rough on them. PLEASE let me know your thoughts on these so called problems..
Their are no real "weakspots" with this buggy that I am aware of. The early release models had some fuel tank problems, but that has been eliminated. Their have been some that thought the plastic parts wear out to fast on the H8, but I haven't had, or known anyone personally, that has had any problem with this either. All plastic parts wear over time, it's just the way it is. It's very durable, which means that you'll have to replace parts due to them wearing out more often, rather than replacing them when they break.
All these topics have been covered thoughout this thread starting on about page seven, if you want to go back though and read about them. But, the short answer for your question is no, their really isn't any glaring weaknesses with the H8. I had the retainer ring on the lightened spur gear break on mine once, other than that, I haven't broken anything, only replaced some stuff due to normal wear...
Enjoy your new buggy!!!

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 01-10-2007, 06:13 PM   #644
Tech Initiate

Default rear aluminum uprights

what do the different degrees on the rear aluminum hubs do.there are 3 to chose from 0,1,and 1.5.how would you know which one to buy to replace the plastic ones with.
793bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #645
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Response to "Which CNC Upright (0, 1, 1.5)?"

You need to try all the different inserts and figure out which one you like best. Then buy the corresponding CNC upright. You could also just buy all three, but that gets expensive...

I personally use the 1.5 upright.
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote