R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 10-27-2006, 09:26 PM   #586
46u
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Where did you get the rear hubs from and what brand are they?
Old 10-27-2006, 11:30 PM   #587
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46u
Where did you get the rear hubs from and what brand are they?
My LHS in Australia, they are HOBAO CNC rear hubs with HOBAO Hyper 8 'stretched' rear arms.
F1 Nutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #588
46u
Tech Regular

Same ones Ofna is selling I am guessing. I was going to get some to fix my slop in the rear up rights but glade I did not and the ones from Ofna are expensive!!!!!!!! Here in the states to get all 3 sets of the alloy ones would be more then half what I paid for my pro kit! I ordered 3 sets of the stock plastic half of what one set of the alloy would cost and I am going to try and CA glue the inserts on one set and see how they hold up. If they hold up well I will CA glue the inserts in the other 2 sets at the different settings?

Did the CNC fit fine on your stock arms?
Old 10-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #589
Tech Regular

the new stretched arms and hub carriers are not available in the u.s. as of right now. So i couldn't answer any questions about the size of the droop screw as i haven't seen those arms over here.

46u there is no need to purchase all 3 alumn. rear hub carriers, you find what you like and you don't change it or you purchase the narrow hubs and you can adjust the wheelbase with the new offset wheel hexes. i have set my rear hubs at the 0 after trying all the widths and have had no desire to change since.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:48 PM   #590
Tech Initiate

I got a chance to run mine today at one of my school's parking lot with my friend to help me out with my engine. There's a small area of dirt/gravel in the lot good enough to run and it has a pile of rocks. It's stacked up to a little less than 6 feet with a pretty steep incline, good enough to practice jumping (not a high-speed jump) and also to check if anything on the chassis will break in bashing mode. The engine ran great after a few tweaks. I changed the suspension-related settings a bit for more sensitive steering. Worked pretty well. I got the hang of how to control the car mid-air. After a lot of jumping and with a few flips, the receiver battery came out of the radio box and the air filter poped out when I didn't control the car right mid-air one time. When I took off the body to take a closer look, the aluminum radio box cover changed its shape . In that case, it's a good idea to take the engine apart to clean and check for dirt. I'll take pics of the radio box cover when I get to clean the car a few days later.
madikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:17 PM   #591
Tech Rookie

Default Hyper 8 manual

Just got my hands on a hyper 8 with a blown picco motor. The car is in great shape but I could use a manual for it. Anyone now where I can download one?
Jason Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 02:24 PM   #592
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to Keith-OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mills
Just got my hands on a hyper 8 with a blown picco motor. The car is in great shape but I could use a manual for it. Anyone now where I can download one?

Email me and I can send you a copy. kleoranly@woh.rr.com
Keith-OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 10:48 PM   #593
Tech Initiate

Sorry guys, I forgot to take the pics I promised. Anything new for you guys?

Everthing is in good shape. I ran with couple of my friends last week at a local help-yourself off-road track. The size is decent with a few artificial (removable) jumps. There are couple spots on the track that has low traction. It's pretty much a Euro-style (mainly bumpy roads) track with the jumps removed. The people who run their cars there are pretty dedicated to drive every Sunday. Most of them have truggies like Jammin X1-CRT and Kyosho ST (RTR for the most part). I was the only person with a buggy for the day and trggies seems to have no problems in the low-traction sections and runs pretty stable. Other than that, I'm able to keep up, and sometimes pass the trggies without much difficulty. I was told that the front is toe-in. It'll be better when I get it fixed.

One thing that surprised me was the stock steering knucles for trggies are that strong at all. There were at least two of them end up with snapped knucles after some bad landing. I'm glad that the Hyper 8 is still in one-piece. The only wierd thing was the set screw of the rear center drive cup went loose for some reason and lost the cup. Luckily, one of the person had a spare one that fits.
madikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:22 PM   #594
Tech Initiate

Default looking to buy a hyper 8

hi guys

i am in the market of getting a new buggy.i have a mayhem rtr but i am looking at getting at into racing.how does the hyper 8 compare to the more expensive buggies like the mugen mbx5r and xb8 tq.these two are on my list as well but the hyper 8 is quite a bit cheaper.have you guys added any hop ups to the hyper 8 ,how durable is it and how does it handle.any info would be appreciated .

thanks
793bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:35 PM   #595

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

Hi Bob;
I am going to give ya a link to page ten of the thread here, and if you start from post #278, and read for a few pages, I think you'll get a pretty good idea of what most of us on here think of the H8...I still love mine, even though I had to put it away for the winter...lol....
I still think it's the best buggy for the buck....extremely durable, handles well, jumps well...just a great buggy all the way around, in my opinion.

Ofna Hyper8 stingray

Hope this helps,
Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 08:40 AM   #596
Tech Initiate

Default rear hubs

thanks for the reply wyldthing.i've read that there is a problem with the rear hubs ,do you know if ofna has corrected this or what is the best fix.what engine are you running in yours.thinking of getting a rb s7.is there also a chat forum where you guys go to as well.

bob
Old 12-02-2006, 04:29 PM   #597
Tech Regular

you can fix the rear hubs by glueing the insert into the hub carrier just find out what insert you like first, you can also buy alumn. rear uprights. i say go with the Go Technologies engine it will work great in your hyper 8
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #598
Tech Initiate

Default new car

hi rocket42
i thought i read on the ofna forums that you are thinking of getting a new buggy .which one if so.i can't decide which one to get.i've done alot of reading on the hyper8 but still can't decide the mugen mbx5r looks great as well but almost 200 bucks more.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:08 PM   #599

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

I haven't had ANY problems at all with the rear hubs on my H8...so I don't know what to tell ya on that.
I run an RB S5 in mine...little soft on the bottom, but is a great, reliable running engine, gets great fuel mileage too! Plus, with the way most track are, if you have to much low-end power, it just lights up the tires and makes it hard to control, so I like the more linear feel of the S5, and it doesn't have any problems keeping up with the high-dollar mills on the straightaways either...but as always, these are just my opinions...I really like my H8, no matter what engine is in it....Happy shopping....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #600
Tech Addict

Arrow new to the dirt

i just bought this thing off a buddy getting out and its my first time in the dirt not new to the hobby though i just dropped it in the dirt just like he ran it and i was so surprised how good it made me look.like i said never been in the dirt and the buggy was so damn agile and responsive with steering i used to beg for in onroad.one question though ninja b01 or the jp b5 for the power plant rite now its just a 21bf. i love this thing check out my pics. and if any one has a set up for a tight track bumpy with pretty big jumps all help gladly appreciated.dif oil, shock oil, droop, roll centers, shock positioning. will jammin coiled shocks help
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dsc01128.jpg  
slowpokeRRR is offline   Reply With Quote