Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Panther's get-up is top notch.
LSUsportsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:14 PM   #467
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Don`t let the thread die!

Whats up guys I get my HYPER and you all vanish.Well I am going to try to show some pics if it works.Hope all is going well with you cool cats.I spent all day getting ready for Sunday AM as my car was in pieces.I hooked up the Dynamite linkage and it looks like it is going to work very well.Rigged my starter box and TKO plate(not sure if it will be totally perfect but as long as it starts my car I should be ok)So here is some pictures if it works!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0001.jpg   Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0002.jpg   Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0003.jpg   Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0004.jpg   Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0005.jpg  

motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 08:15 PM   #468
Tech Elite

and some more
Attached Thumbnails
Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0006.jpg   Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0008.jpg   Ofna Hyper8 stingray-dcp_0007.jpg  
Old 08-12-2006, 08:29 PM   #469
Tech Regular

looks pretty good. everyone is still here to answer any questions you or anyone else may have.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 09:00 PM   #470
Tech Elite

Thanks Rocket,

I am going to do some more testing in the morning.I really wanted to go race today but I was not ready.If all goes well tomarrow I will have my first race next Saturday with this smokin ride.I need to go adjust and lay down some good laps before I race as well as knowing how long a full load of fuel will last!.Thanks for being here to help me on my way.I think it is going to be so cool being the only guy there with a HYPER!
Old 08-12-2006, 09:03 PM   #471
Tech Elite

One concern I have is that the front end is a little squeaky but I am sure that will not effect my driving.I also need to do some more shaving on the body so I have no rubbing.Steering/fill hole/exhaust
Old 08-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #472
Tech Regular

i had a jammin and it would develop squeaks as well i think its pretty common of the cars it usually has to do with the shocks springs rubbing on the shock bodies. it usually goes away after you clean your car all up then it will reapear after maybe 2 practice runs, not much you can do but try to twist your shock springs so they don't rub.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:01 PM   #473

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

Motomanpat....Haven't deserted you on here, just been a little more busy than I would like...Like Rocket said...we're here for anyone that has questions or comments. I'll answer as best I can, but I'm always/still learning myself, so that's what make this thread sooo great.
I did get to race in a trophy race this weekend. The turnout was light though in the buggy class. Don't see that very often!! The truggy class, and production MT class were the place to be for this race.
The H8 put on a good showing again, but in the end, I just plain got outdriven....The guy set a new heat race record at the track though, so he was no slouch....lol. Oh well, I'm getting better with it every time I drive it, so a little more time...........

The buggy looks great!!!!!!!

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #474
Tech Elite

Hey all you fine H8 drivers,
Just got back from a nice practice session.I went to the perfect track as there was no one there almost all day,how great is that when you want to adjust and play around.
Ok all went pretty well and dam this Vspec is fast.I have been trying to adjust to the speed and am fairing well.The Dynamite linkage is a great setup and it also cleared up the servo/arm clearance problem that I had.I recommend this to you all as it is like 10 to 15$ and works much much better than the stock setup.This track that I run on is pretty smooth but very bone dry with dust on top(very slick)My GT can barely take any of the corners.But the 4 wheel is so good for this.I currently am running the white pistons that came with the shocks with I belive 40 front 35 rear.Come to think of it I really don`t know how it is really setup guess I better write it all down next time.
I have a question for you guys.Today would have been the first time that I would have run with the body.So I get it out after shaving more from around the front arm area and the linkage area and the fill hole just for more clearance.I put it on,clip it and started it upshit runnaway so I stopped it right away thank god.Upon inspection I see that when you clip it the body pushes down on the air filter which also binds the throttle linkage.Did you guys also have this issue or did you do away with the stock filter assembly.I really like the H8 filter assembly and hope to keep it.I have some rubber gromets that I bought Saturday to use for the starter box and I think I am going to open the hole on one of those and put it on the post first before I put the body on.This problem worries me though,if I end up on the lid and the weight pushes the body down I could have a upside down full throttle explosion.
Man this car is _____ awsome
Old 08-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #475
Tech Elite

Hey Rocket,
On my way home from the track I went to PATS ACRES to see if the track was bulldozed or if it was still there.Low and behold the track is still there so I took a little walk around the track.Man that thing is beat to hell,that 45 min A- main would have been a tough run even if I had a perfect handling car!
Old 08-13-2006, 05:55 PM   #476
Tech Regular

yea it was a pretty sweet track motoman the quad was pretty fun, to bad they let it fall to dis repair i guess they just use that track for big events huh?. there was even a river like 300 yards from the track you could go jump in.

anyways leave the stock air filter its great. unless your a fan of the body most are not including myself. your next body will have a lot more room for a larger air filter and won't cause you the problems you are having. i don't think you can make a regular air filter fit under the stock body anyways. here is something to check you will notice a extra hole in your splash guard. it is a elongated hole near the rear, you may also notice a hole on that side of your air filter. get yourself a 3mm button head screw and screw thru the splash guard and into the air filter it was designed for that even though there is no mention of it in the instructions. tilt the filter a little higher in the rear and that bolt should hold it firmly in place and cure any throttle linkage problems you have.

good to hear your having so much fun with the buggy, i recommend getting a #54 or 1.4mm drill bit and taking out all of your pistons and drilling the holes to this size. it will take away dampening and make your car react faster than it does now and also help it rebound faster to keep those tires on the ground in the rough. you can keep using the oil you have been unless you need to make a change.

be sure to tell us how you do at your first race with the buggy i am sure you will hear people say the hyper 8 is a no good car but i think you maybe able to show them whats up especially with that v-spec. those engines seem to be the hottest engine out right now even with the longevity issues.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #477
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Just an FYI, I havn't had any issues with the stock air filter set up, but lately I have been using the elbow from the Hyper 7. Here's a pic so you see how it works. It does bind on the body still...but it moves the entire assembly away from the linkage.

Last edited by NitroOB4You; 08-11-2007 at 10:57 AM.
NitroOB4You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #478
Tech Elite

Hey Rocket,
I am at the top of that elongated hole and even then it would not make the difference as the body still pushes it down which pushes the air filter down in turn on the throttle linkage so going any higher would not help me!.
Yes the track at PATS is not a track that anyone uses for some unknown reason.Maybe insurance,who knows.But there is going to be a NCT event there at the end of summer which I am sure they will totally change the track.NCT is Northwest Championship Tour I think.Maybe by then I can show these local guys that H8s are a fine ride compared to Kyosho or Mugen or anything else.
Old 08-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #479
Tech Elite

Hey Nitro,
Interesting picture,I think something like that would do but I might opt for a new body.I am going to try and make what I have work for now.I just need to put my thinking cap on!
Old 08-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #480
Tech Elite

Hey Rocket,
I was hoping you could do me a favor and send your base setup to my email.If you are cool with that my email ad is motomanpat@hotmail.com
Thanks again for the tips,it really helps to have someone to help me out oh I don`t want to forget WYLDTHING either thanks