R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #436
Tech Adept

i just put a Dynamite prolinkage in mine, i have NO brakes, i have radio expedentials all set up, full brakes and everything and i still have nothing, anybody help me out?... Also the engine winds out over the jumps, and might have some problems, anybody shed some light on the situation
Pinnacle003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #437

Trader Rating: 148 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinnacle003
i just put a Dynamite prolinkage in mine, i have NO brakes, i have radio expedentials all set up, full brakes and everything and i still have nothing, anybody help me out?... Also the engine winds out over the jumps, and might have some problems, anybody shed some light on the situation
You are gonna have to adjust the trim, subtrims, or linkage on your servo horn. Your servo isn't letting the carb close all the way, and that's what is making the engine rev up over the jumps. And when the carb doesn't close all the way, then that means that your brakes won't work as good, or at all because they aren't being pulled hard enough because of the throttle not returning to idle...I know it sounds confusing, but think it through, and you'll see what I'm talking about.....

You may have just gotten the servo horn one spline off when you put it on the servo too...

Brad

==TEAM NOVELTY==
WYLDTHING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 08:53 AM   #438
Tech Apprentice

@Rocket42

I searched the thread, but i can't find what camber setting you have!
How much camber degree do you run?
kjuliussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:16 AM   #439
Tech Regular

i generally run between 1.5* and 2* front and rear camber setting. if the track is really rough i will go to 2* in the front 2.5* in the rear.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:44 PM   #440
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to fastzach

Hey MotorMan007, I noticed at the bottom of your post it said "Dibs"........is this the world famous Dibs from Oklahoma? lol...This is Zach from GS Hobby in Fort Smith I was just wondering how you liked the Hyper 8. Holla back.

-zach
fastzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #441
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

zach Jerry and I are in love with it.

it drives so well and feels so good to use.

zach i hope to see you at the pro race.

and tell our friend help..

also should like you guys have the cheapest price on the new mugen truck.

wow!!!

cya soon

Dibs
Motorman007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 02:12 AM   #442
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well guys,
Day # 2 in the AM with my HYPER 8 can`t wait.I have been thinking about it all week.Hopefully the motor will get a little looser then I can start adjusting the tune a little more lean.I have decided that I am not going to run this Vspec more than 230 or 240 as I read some about it and they state that there is a plastic washer in it and it melts at around 248 or so.I also have a question for you all.I have the OFNA lightweight starter box but I had to take off the front line up plate to make it have enough contact to hit the flywheel.So my main problem is if I go race and I need a pit guy he will not be able to just put the car on the box easily and have it line up correctly.I know I could put a larger flywheel on it but I would prefer not to.Is there any other fix for this or what?
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 07:29 AM   #443
Tech Elite

what? plastic washer in it and it melts at around 248?

you talking about the thing thats around the carb?

if so you are ok man. we run the motor at 250-260 it all depends on the day outside.

YOU SHOULD NEVER TUNE BY TEMP.....

ALWAYS TUNE BY SMOKE AND FEEL...

IF ONE DAY YOUR MOTOR WANTS TO RUN AT A STEADY TEMP OF 260 OR 270 RUN IT. AS LONG AS IT IS NOT 280-290-300-340 STUFF LIKE THAT.

NONE OF THE PAID GUYS RUN TO THIER CARS AFTER A RACE TO SEE WHAT THIRE TEMP WAS.

if you ever ask any of them they would tell you i don't know i don't temp my motor. i just tune it for feel and smoke.

but it is your motor and you can do as you please. try not spread that if you get your motor over 248 that something inside will melt.

all of that is hog wash..

smoke and feel. once you GET THE feel you like and does what you want. then temp it.

it may be 260 or so and feel super.. just some brain food man..

dibs
Old 08-05-2006, 07:32 AM   #444
Tech Elite

a friend of mine

Tony Peczinka response 2207 of 2211: Aug 5 08:34 EDT 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL Bess

Just remember, there are "more" guys happily running a V-Spec with the
stock bearings for gallons upon gallons of use not on an internet
forum complaining about them. Everything you read on the forums has to
be taken with a grain of salt. If someone is happy, they're out there
running their stuff and you may never know it. But if they're having a
problem, that's when you'll be more likely to see them on a forum
bashing the product.

With guys like Bradley, Hughes and Pavidas running an OS V-Spec and
doing well with it, I'd imagine the sales of V-Specs are staggering.
Every manufactured product has the possibility of having a "bad
batch". The more product you have out there, the more cases of having
a defective unit you may see. Then all it takes is one post on the
right forum and 300 people are posting that info all over the
internet....LOL

Tony P.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:50 AM   #445

With all do respect to you Motorman, and your friend Tony....The OS rear bearing problem is a well documented, long-term problem, not just a bad batch of engines that "got out". Don't get me wrong, I have had some OS engines through the years, and wouldn't bash OS for nothing, but I am also honest about things when I am asked too. Their customer service has always been second to none, in my opinion, until this bearing issue.....they have repeatedly "turned their backs" on the problem/customers from what I am told (by reliable sources). And that's just here in the Midwest, which is far from the Mecca of R/C.....
I've never heard of the melting thing, but I would say that if OS puts any plastic in or around an engine, and they know it was going to be exposed to high heat, they are smart enough to make sure they use a resin that would take alot more than 250 degrees to melt...

Their is a reason that so many aftermarket companies have come out with bearings that fit the OS motor....it's because their's a strong market for them....

I agree that you are going to have problems with ANY product that is mass produced, and so many have been sold, but for the price of the V-Spec, the problem is to widespread in my opinion. In fact, it's what kept me from buying one, unfortunately...
LOVE O.S.!!! Leary of the V-Spec....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 08-05-2006, 08:57 AM   #446
Tech Elite

With all do respect to you WYLDTHING.. i had a bearing go out at a money race 2 years a go.

i had one go out on me when i had the vzb motor not even 1/2 gal.

you are very right the os bearings are not the same as the old good motors
the v99 v01b. once the vzb the v-spec came i think they cut the cost on things.

also mark p is also using after market bearings too. TKO bearings.

so yes os has bearing issure they will not tell you.

i just keep sending them in and keep getting new parts. i get everything new but the carb, head and carb.

so new motors. TKO are the best and even EB mods are using them. and the JP mods OS motors have them also..

Midwest

Midwest where are you? are you coming to the Pro race in Oklahoma?

if so maybe we can talked shop.
everyone around the tracks knows me. just ask for Dibs.

thanx WYLDTHING for the insight.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:30 PM   #447
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,
Well day 2 of the HYPER 8 break in was a totally awsome time.I still have some issues with the linkage and the starter box but I must say I love 1/8 scale buggy(I am sooooo hhaaappppyyy).This Vspec motor is way too fast and it is so much fun.The car handles great even with the crappy stock tires and no permanent setup yet.I can do things that my GT can`t and this thing totally fits my driving style.No visual breakage whatsoever and now it is time to take it all apart and do the proper setup and a total cleaning.I think at this point that the stock throttle/brake linkage is crap so I am gonna have to find one of those Dynamite ones to at the very least have positive braking and gassing.Do any of you know which online hobby shops have this linkage and also I need to find a bigger flywheel so I can use the alignment pieces for my starter box any ideas would be totally helpful?I am all about 1/8 now even though my GT handled well today
motomanpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:15 PM   #448
Tech Regular

motomanpat, i am not 100% on the starter box you have but i have the ofna compact lightweight box and it works fine. take your time setting it up when i tried it at first i didn't think the car would fit, so i took off the front plate then i saw someone using it and i put the front plate back on and set it up to work and it now works fine. there should be no need for a larger flywheel as i use the stock flywheel and even have the engine shimmed up with 1 washer because that is required with a rossi p5x. so even with the engine shimmed up and the stock flywheel the contact is still good. glad your having so much fun with the car.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2006, 07:18 PM   #449

I'll second that, Motomanpat... I too, have the same starterbox, and it works fine with the front plate, just have to work with it some. I use the stock H8 flywheel as well too.

Sounds like you are having too much fun with the buggy!!!...lol. Glad to hear it!! Keep us posted....

==TEAM NOVELTY==
Old 08-06-2006, 07:22 PM   #450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorman007
With all do respect to you WYLDTHING.. i had a bearing go out at a money race 2 years a go.

i had one go out on me when i had the vzb motor not even 1/2 gal.

you are very right the os bearings are not the same as the old good motors
the v99 v01b. once the vzb the v-spec came i think they cut the cost on things.

also mark p is also using after market bearings too. TKO bearings.

so yes os has bearing issure they will not tell you.

i just keep sending them in and keep getting new parts. i get everything new but the carb, head and carb.

so new motors. TKO are the best and even EB mods are using them. and the JP mods OS motors have them also..

Midwest

Midwest where are you? are you coming to the Pro race in Oklahoma?

if so maybe we can talked shop.
everyone around the tracks knows me. just ask for Dibs.

thanx WYLDTHING for the insight.
Motorman007;
I am in Southeast Iowa....I won't be able to make any big races till I get out of school. Not enough money or time to do them...
As I said earlier in the thread, I'm one of those "older" back to school guys(37)...lol. So those races will have to wait till next summer....

==TEAM NOVELTY==