R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2006, 08:20 AM   #136
Tech Regular
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw7576
Big bore shock = more oil ?

From which car ?

I was thinking to buy GTR shock from REVO.
Yes, the Jammin Big Bores.......

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:30 AM   #137
Tech Regular
 
Rocket42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 328
Default

if your running the jammin shocks why use the mugen springs why not the red jammin springs. i've always found the mugen springs to be more springy than others
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:08 AM   #138
Tech Regular
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
if your running the jammin shocks why use the mugen springs why not the red jammin springs. i've always found the mugen springs to be more springy than others
Mostly because I've seen that Bradley and alot of those guys runs those at times and I wanted to give them a shot and see how they fair. They have treated me fair and I can say that I have noticed that they do have a bit of bouncyness too them. It's not a day and night difference, but it does make the car feel a little more on edge as compared to the Hyper 8 stock blue springs.

Just like with any other form of racing, if you don't try new things you're never going to get faster........So why not give them a shot?

I have the Jammin Red ones as well. I'm going to run the red ones this weekend and see how those do.

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #139
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

What do you recommend for bumpy track ? 450F - 350R silicone oil enough ?

I'm using the stock white piston disc .... and don't want to drill the piston disc.

LHS owner said to drill them to 1.4mm or 1.5mm and use thicker oil for viscosity consistency during final, 600F - 450R .
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:18 AM   #140
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Anybody sell one piece Hyper8 engine mounting ?

I hope someone make 2mm lower engine mounting so the starter box can grip the flywheel better.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:39 AM   #141
Tech Regular
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther
Default

I had the same issue with my flywheel, so I now use the Jammin Flywheel on my engines. They are larger. As far as the one piece mount......I don't feel that they are necessary. I had the Jammin one on my X1-CR and I didn't care for it a whole lot because you couldn't access the back plate on the engine before removing the mount.

From what everyone said, drilling of the rotors makes the stock shocks smooth out much better. I never did run them that much before switching to Big Bores. I generally run anywhere from 20-30 weight in the rear and 45-60 in the front depending on how big the track is.

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #142
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: the beach australia
Posts: 707
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

anybody know what j-concepts bodys fit the hyper 8?
flysti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:11 AM   #143
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysti
anybody know what j-concepts bodys fit the hyper 8?
Is it low profile ?

Hyper8 body is low profile. I guess better aerodynamics.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:14 AM   #144
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther
I had the same issue with my flywheel, so I now use the Jammin Flywheel on my engines. They are larger. As far as the one piece mount......I don't feel that they are necessary. I had the Jammin one on my X1-CR and I didn't care for it a whole lot because you couldn't access the back plate on the engine before removing the mount.

From what everyone said, drilling of the rotors makes the stock shocks smooth out much better. I never did run them that much before switching to Big Bores. I generally run anywhere from 20-30 weight in the rear and 45-60 in the front depending on how big the track is.

-Seann
Thanks ..... so Jammin flywheel should do allright.

I would like to try Mugen Seiki MRX4 engine mount and MBX5 flywheel. Hope it works too.
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:15 AM   #145
Tech Regular
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther
Default

That's what I use on my WS7IIx3 and my S5 and it works great.

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:20 AM   #146
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Anybody care about camber for Hyper8 ? What do you offroad guys normally use for front and rear camber ?
__________________
On Road : Xray NT1 , RX8 , T4 || Mugen Seiki MRX4-R , MTX4 , MTX3 prospec || Tamiya M03 , M04 || Top Racing Sabre FD2
Off Road : Xray XT8 || Hobao Hyper 8
Radio : Futaba 3PKS || KO propo EX-10 eurus
asw7576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:44 PM   #147
Tech Regular
 
Rocket42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 328
Default

-2 degrees camber is a pretty good starting point for both front and rear camber.

asw drilling the pistons to 1.4mm or a number 54 american drill bit will make the car slighlty more aggressive around the track i recommend running 1.4 pistons all around with 40 to 35wt. in front and in 30 to 25wt. in the rear. i would start with 40-30 thats what i run and i think it handles great.

panther i don't know what you mean by drilling the rotors to smooth out the shocks, but i have been running the stock shocks for awhile and have had no problems with them they are very smooth. but if you want crazy smooth add some associated green slime, my stockers are like butter.

as for a jconcepts bodies go all i can say is write jason at jconcepts.net and ask what they recommend they are very good about helping there customers and responding right away to emails.
Rocket42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #148
Tech Regular
 
Panther's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Marietta, OH
Posts: 394
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Panther
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket42
-2 degrees camber is a pretty good starting point for both front and rear camber.

asw drilling the pistons to 1.4mm or a number 54 american drill bit will make the car slighlty more aggressive around the track i recommend running 1.4 pistons all around with 40 to 35wt. in front and in 30 to 25wt. in the rear. i would start with 40-30 thats what i run and i think it handles great.

panther i don't know what you mean by drilling the rotors to smooth out the shocks, but i have been running the stock shocks for awhile and have had no problems with them they are very smooth. but if you want crazy smooth add some associated green slime, my stockers are like butter.

as for a jconcepts bodies go all i can say is write jason at jconcepts.net and ask what they recommend they are very good about helping there customers and responding right away to emails.
Just had a momentary lapse of stupidity.......I meant the pistons.....not sure why I put rotors??

-Seann
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:16 PM   #149
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bristol,CT.
Posts: 58
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I am running a kyosho fly wheel with kyosho carbon clutch shoes with 1.0 springs, I also drilled the pistons with a #54 bit, for the front shocks I am running 50 weight oil with kyosho sp2 dark blue springs, in the rear I am running 32.5 weight oil with kyosho light blue springs. The shock oil is Trinity
__________________
No more sponsors just doing it for fun and to see the look on a newbs face the first time they put their car on the track and hear their name called over the PA system
Howard C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 11:54 PM   #150
Tech Apprentice
 
kjuliussen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Norway
Posts: 81
Default

What springs and oil should i use with jammin big bore shocks on Hyper 8?
kjuliussen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hyper8/8.5 Dietz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 13 12-31-2007 09:04 PM
hyper8/8.5 parts Dietz R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 1 10-23-2007 07:26 PM
hyper8 pro dwillard R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 08-03-2007 01:47 PM
WTB!!! Hyper8 or CL-1 or XB8 TQ ttr_racer R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 0 05-22-2006 08:48 PM
777 SP1 Vs. Hyper8 IronTusk Electric Off-Road 4 03-26-2006 04:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:06 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net