R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Power issues (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/836785-power-issues.html)

Manbot 09-16-2014 12:39 AM

Power issues

Hi guys new to the forum and the rc world and I'm hoping someone could help me. I recently got a hsp 1/8th monster truck. Was running smooth untill recently. The truck would move off and would travel at half throttle reasonably well untill I put full throttle, the engine would scream and act normally but the car itself does not act accordingly, and it actually loses power. I checked the gear box thinking that maybe the gears had striped teeth but they are all ok. Secondly I checked the clutch shoes but they seem ok. The only thing that seems strange is the clutch bell does not sit snug on the clutch shoes as their is a gap inbetween, is that normal? If so what else can it be I have no clue what to look at next!!! Please help

jhold87 09-16-2014 11:11 AM

Drivetrain

Hard to say without seeing it in person but it sounds like you have a drivetrain problem for sure dont forget about cv joints .

sana5500 09-16-2014 09:54 PM

It is problem of battery.

Jaz240 09-16-2014 10:57 PM

It's definitely not the battery :lol:
One of the set screws is probably loose in your drive train like the first guy said. Hold the spur gear and roll the truck. You will see which tires are spinning freely and that's your problem.

ozziii 09-16-2014 11:22 PM

Is the flywheel tightened properly on the crank shaft.?
There should be a small gap between clutch shoes & clutch bell when not running or engaged, once engine revs pick up then the clutch shoes move outward touching/engaging with the clutchbell (CB), the CB should spin freely on the clutch when shoes not engaged, if it doesn't then it has a problem there, check bearing & springs, replace if worn or broken.

Manbot 09-17-2014 05:42 AM

Hey guys cb moves freely when spined so I think that's out of the equation, I checked the flywheel and it seems it's as right as it can go on the crank shaft. I'm gona check and see if i can find the issue with the drive train that you guys have mention. Quick question can carburisation be a problem? I mean the car dosnt die, but the car doesn't response to the full throttle while the engine does.....?

Jaz240 09-17-2014 09:23 AM

It could just be the tune

Manbot 09-18-2014 04:30 PM

Hey guys after close investigation I found out a hex screw was missing that connects the gearbox to the driven cup....is that the cause to my problems?

nitroexpress 09-18-2014 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Manbot (Post 13542786)
Hey guys after close investigation I found out a hex screw was missing that connects the gearbox to the driven cup....is that the cause to my problems?

I think we have a winner. ;)