Wiki Posts
Search

New Season...TKI3...MBX7...Or Losi 3.0 Nitro

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)
Default New Season...TKI3...MBX7...Or Losi 3.0 Nitro

I previously owned TKI3, familiar with it, and liked it. Worried about new kit coming out.

MBX7 Great Reviews...Started with MBX5R Years Ago

Losi 3.0 Never Owned One...I hate that it has standard screws

Please let me know what I should build....

Oh Yeah...I have been a big fan and driver of the Tekno EB48 platform...is the NB48 worth anything?
Old 08-20-2014, 08:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I would say any one of the 3 would be good for you. I know you were very consistent with the kyosho. The main guy from kyosho said no new mp10 but just a few updated parts so I wouldn't worry about that. You might want to get ahold of Brian Manard and ask him about the Tekno because I think he just switched over from the mbx7 so he might have some insight.
Old 08-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Afun
I previously owned TKI3, familiar with it, and liked it. Worried about new kit coming out.

Oh Yeah...I have been a big fan and driver of the Tekno EB48 platform...is the NB48 worth anything?
kanai posted there wasn't going to be a new buggy only possibly new parts
Old 08-20-2014, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Tekno all the way.. haha. I have only seen the associated run next to the Tekno NB48 but the tekno looked way more planted and consistent. I'm new to nitro so my opinion doesn't have much weight to it. Seeing the NB48 in action did inspire me to buy a NT48! Almost finished with the build - paint the body and break in the engine is all I have left to do before hitting the dirt! Oh, gotta oil that filter too! haha
Old 08-20-2014, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The fit and finish of the Tekno is better than the Losi (I've only built the 2.0). There are more than enough tuning options on the buggy as well. Having built multiple Kyoshos and Tamiyas over the years, I will say that the fit and finish of the Tekno is right up there. Whether this translates to performance on track, I cant say yet as I've only run it once at the last JBRL event.

As for the three in question, they're proven performers that can win at any given event. It doesnt sound like Kyosho or Mugen will have a new buggy this year and given the 3.0 is still pretty new, I dont think you'll see a new kit from any of them in the next 12 months. You'll never win playing the waiting game regardless though, something better is always around the corner.

Last edited by madweazl; 08-21-2014 at 08:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Afun

tki3: best buggy overall, super easy to drive at the llimit, wears faster than mugen, awesome drivetrain, not cheap

mbx7: best quality of the three, most agressive also, can be less easy to drive in the rough/ dust than the Kyosho

losi: not as good in quality compared to the two others but a good compromise between steering and stability, cheapest of the bunch, parts available everywhere

in the end it comes down to your driving style, tracks..and budget
Old 08-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Another one advantage of the NB48 for you is amount of parts common with your current EB platform: almost all suspension. So less spares in your box (thats why i'm planning to jump from AE to Tkr in ebuggy class)
Old 08-21-2014, 05:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (95%+)

Good to hear about the TKI3....I have a couple on my mind.

I hate the clutch and servo assembly in the NB48 but it must be working just fine.

Shocking to hear about the quality of the Losi...when big companies take over thats what happens....

Bryan Menard now only races 2wd buggy hahah
Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Funny u say the servo assembly. That is by far the best part of the kit. The radio tray requires zero thought. The linkage is also zero thought. Very easy to set up. I was skeptical at first too. But that radio tray should win a rc car action award of some sort.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Clutch is exact copy of losi clutch. Parts interchange.
Old 08-21-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

What's wrong with Losi quality?
Old 08-21-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Kyosho
Old 08-21-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
I wonder that as well. I run for Mugen and love my Mugen vehicles but when I ran the Losi 8 2.0 I had no problems with their quality.

Everytime one of these threads pop up there are different opinions on all the current buggies out there. They all have their pros and cons.

Run what you want and make your own assumptions about the specific brand/qualities you want.

Happy Racing.....
Old 08-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joey91473
I wonder that as well. I run for Mugen and love my Mugen vehicles but when I ran the Losi 8 2.0 I had no problems with their quality.

Everytime one of these threads pop up there are different opinions on all the current buggies out there. They all have their pros and cons.

Run what you want and make your own assumptions about the specific brand/qualities you want.

Happy Racing.....
Exactly. I have owned all 3 of these buggies in 2014. They all had their strengths and weaknesses for me. Durability/quality was definitely a strong point for me with Losi. I wish the TKI3 arms were as durable. My Mugen has been great so far. Compared to TKI3, it free rolls like it has Elmer's glue in bearings
Old 08-21-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rallyebmx
Losi is one of the more mainstream brands. Every rc shop in the world carries thier parts and thousands of people have them. Therefore, certain types of people just automatically label them as junk. Some people are not happy unless they have a one-off machine that has next to no parts support and nobody else is running.
While i can see why a person would want this "status" it also baffles my mind that these are almost always the same people bashing the quality of everything else and then have the balls to complain when they cant get parts for the unicorn of a buggy they run.
Whats also great is when people bash something because they 1. tried a particular brand once and had a bad experience and never gave them a second chance or 2. they had a friend who had a bad experience and now base thier theories on that.

Ive done the same tho. I had the (imo) best cd play money could buy in my car back when i was building car audio systems. It was a Denon DCTZ1. F-ing awesome unit. Best sounding player ive heard to this day in a car. So i bought a Denon for my home theatre. Nothing but problems. Took it back and exchanged it for another one. Perfect. Couldnt ask for a better reciever.
You should not base your oppinions on one bad experience. What suits one persons taste does not always suit another person and its ok to have an oppinion but forcing those oppinions on a person isnt right(look up catholic church).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.