Wiki Posts
Search

Anything NEW coming out?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the reverse of Hb than.. In Europe just a few race a D812
if it was distributed and supported well, a few 1.000's in 2 years would have been sold there..

Last edited by speedy2; 08-11-2014 at 02:27 AM.
Old 08-10-2014, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2
the reverse of Hb than.. In Europe just a few race a D812
if it was distributed and supported well, a few 1.000's in 2 years would have been sold
Part of HPI's statement on the Hobbico deal.

Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors have simply purchased the necessary product inventory to enable them to provide the service levels required from an exclusive distributor in such a large market area. Their comprehensive distribution facilities will ensure fast and effective supply of the entire HPI product line. As the exclusive North American distributor, Hobbico will also be providing first-class customer services utilizing their extensive facilities and knowledgeable staff at their headquarters in Champaign, Illinois. HPI Europe will handle centralized purchasing and logistics operations, resulting in more efficient accessibility of global product demand. These combined efforts will enable North American shops and customers better and faster access to HPI's kits, spares and support. This exciting partnership will enhance HPI's presence within North America by giving both companies the opportunity to concentrate their efforts on their own specialized areas of the business. HPI's dedication to product development.

I always got the impression that HPI Europe was better supplied than the US. Too often I've seen US customers having to purchase parts from Europe. Are you saying that the European arm of HPI is also in trouble?

All in all, doesn't seem like HPI has delivered on their glowing statement.
Old 08-11-2014, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

In Europe it's the feeling no one really knows where to get HB or if one can get parts in the end,
or one must enquire and find the vein
so everyone is interested but won't be racing the HB stuff or really considering it, even if the cars would win all the races..
but parts and kits, were in stock in Europe till not so long ago, because the distributors had got their big orders in at the beginning, when everything worked fine

Last edited by speedy2; 08-11-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

That's rubbish Speedy2.
People always trash talking, but everything always in stock.
Usually the trash talkers are not the ones who actually own the cars, but the people driving other brands or selling other brands, with a stake in it financially.

I don't have any problems getting parts. I think those people who claim to have problems and paying fantasy prices for kits must be internet-incapable.
It's all over the place! 490 gets you the D812, I don't get where on earth you came up with this fantasy price of 700, you must not be very good at googling.

Also: I'm not at all surprised that this comes from someone with the signature "JQ The Car", afraid of the competition, are we, JQ?
Old 08-11-2014, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah78
Yea, it's called monkey see monkey do. Who's to say a Revo type buggy or truggy wouldn't be competitive or better. Losing the shock towers might actually save weight even though you are adding pushrods and the pivot piece. I think a buggy/truggy with inboard shocks would be sweet and I would buy one just to be different. I just won't buy a Revo because the entire driveline is plastic,10th scale diffs, and just cheap. Not to mention Traxxas charges a small fortune for it.
they wont work. designers have already tried it. the thing with making things just to be different is that it usually wont work out and whoever is backing it financially will lose all their money. i would gladly design a "different" buggy if you are paying. monkey see monkey do? how about put your money where your mouth is?
Old 08-11-2014, 05:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BigInJapan
they wont work. designers have already tried it. the thing with making things just to be different is that it usually wont work out and whoever is backing it financially will lose all their money. i would gladly design a "different" buggy if you are paying. monkey see monkey do? how about put your money where your mouth is?
I don't know who you are but, how are you going to design me a buggy? Are you an engineer? Do you work for a major manufacturer? Sounds to me like your the one talking a bunch of smack about how inboard shocks just won't work in off road. How do you know that? Did you design such a vehicle and it didn't work?
Old 08-11-2014, 06:54 AM
Tech Adept

I dont think the issue is that it WONT work, i think its cost plain and simple. Im not sure exactly what the design process is but it would likely take weeks if not months just to have a new design laid out in CAD. Then the prototype. Then the changes to design after the first bit of prototype testing. That all probably takes place over a couple years and its still not done. Then theres the re-tooling to produce the parts in mass quantity. Theres the learning curve for the factory drivers so when the production car hits the shelves, someone has some idea of how to help you fine tune it. The manual, marketing, race results, lawyers, patents. Its exhausting just thinking about it and im sure theres some ive missed. Its a majpr effort. So i guess it comes down to: dont fix whats not broken. Traditional shock mounting works good, so the demand isnt there to make changes. Its much more cost effective to make changes to the shock's valving and seals, rod length etc... Still kind of dissapointing tho. As was said before, its gonna take something truely innovative before you see a major change in design. And even then imo, thechange you see likely isnt going to be anything earthshattering. It will be a mod or change that coincides with previous models and can be applied to them and will be built in to a v2 or .2 version of whatever car is being changed. Cost effective, but not very exciting imo
Old 08-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Eivind E
That's rubbish Speedy2.
People always trash talking, but everything always in stock.
Usually the trash talkers are not the ones who actually own the cars, but the people driving other brands or selling other brands, with a stake in it financially.

I don't have any problems getting parts. I think those people who claim to have problems and paying fantasy prices for kits must be internet-incapable.
It's all over the place! 490 gets you the D812, I don't get where on earth you came up with this fantasy price of 700, you must not be very good at googling.

Also: I'm not at all surprised that this comes from someone with the signature "JQ The Car", afraid of the competition, are we, JQ?
Lol, reading your cowboy posts over the years never seems to disappoint haha.
But what i think speedy2 is getting at is yes sure, even in my country...i can find a d812 or any other car fir that matter, for around $500 avarage using google-fu.
But that is where alot of people fool themselves. By the time you get it to wherever you are, adding VAT, customs duties and shipping....you END up paying $700 or whatever for it...whereas if a local shop stocked it, they would get it at cost ( waaaay under 500) and sell it right there and then for around $500US retail. Nothing more nothing less. All countries differ in this regard, in some cases import tax can be as much as 50% of the declared value.
For instance, i can buy a mbx7 on amain hobbies for 599 or whatever like anyone, but by the time i pick up from customs it is already "worth" almost $800 due to VAT, customs and shipping.
Old 08-11-2014, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

I like the HB brand, and would strongly consider a D812 if I were getting a new buggy, but they're taking the piss with D812 prices in Germany..
Old 08-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Here in canada i believe we get a break from taxes/duty on certain things. Afaik there is no duty on hobby products such as model cars, planes, rcs etc... So we pay the a-main or nitrohouse or whatever price plus shipping. The website has the taxes included in the final price at checkout.
Old 08-11-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

I like the D813 too and the D413
but in Europe, D812 official prize is 549 euro : 720.00
you can get it at 485 euro still : 646.00 +postage
I can import a kit from my usual Texas shop( from tower) at 426 euro all in : 569.00

Last edited by speedy2; 08-13-2014 at 01:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

So really the difference is the exchange rate. Although i may be off slightly i havent looked at the current exchange numbers lately
Old 08-11-2014, 11:22 PM
Tech Champion

Nothing to do with the exchange rate afaic. Hot Bodies has always been a really fairly priced - cheap even.. - brand. But the D812 costs more than Mugen, X-Ray, etc...
Old 08-12-2014, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Nothing to do with the exchange rate afaic. Hot Bodies has always been a really fairly priced - cheap even.. - brand. But the D812 costs more than Mugen, X-Ray, etc...
That's complete horse manure.
I can buy the D812 for €490-€499 in stores like coolracing, tracker, hobbynes, etcetera, meanwhile the mugen costs €560-575 in the same stores, and the Kyosho and Xray cost even more than that.

Your outrageous claims just make no sense, D812 is clearly cheaper by a large margin, and those €85 to €110 euros is pretty close to the €150 sales price of a Novarossi P5XLT.
So basicly the D812 is 2/3rds of a Novarossi cheaper than the other brands, or one and a half Savox servos cheaper.

Add to that the car is stronger, never breaks, hardly any optional parts are needed, comes with all aluminum optional parts like the ball joint balls and shock pivots, unlike the other brands, I mean Kyosho charge you $90 for their similar aluminum C-hubs which are included in the D812 kit straight out of the box! It's easy to see you are getting a MUCH better deal with the D812.
Old 08-13-2014, 03:09 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eivind E
That's complete horse manure.
I can buy the D812 for €490-€499 in stores like coolracing, tracker, hobbynes, etcetera, meanwhile the mugen costs €560-575 in the same stores, and the Kyosho and Xray cost even more than that.

Your outrageous claims just make no sense, D812 is clearly cheaper by a large margin, and those €85 to €110 euros is pretty close to the €150 sales price of a Novarossi P5XLT.
So basicly the D812 is 2/3rds of a Novarossi cheaper than the other brands, or one and a half Savox servos cheaper.

Add to that the car is stronger, never breaks, hardly any optional parts are needed, comes with all aluminum optional parts like the ball joint balls and shock pivots, unlike the other brands, I mean Kyosho charge you $90 for their similar aluminum C-hubs which are included in the D812 kit straight out of the box! It's easy to see you are getting a MUCH better deal with the D812.
I can buy spares for any of the other mentioned brands. JQ included!
/offtopic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.