Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Whitch buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 11:22 PM
Tech Adept

I was also looking at the Hyper SS but im hearing parts are hard to get (im in Canada) Is there any truth to this?
Old 07-24-2014, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
That was only for the truggy. the buggy arms have never even been suggested to be boiled for strength. Of all of the use I have given mine and the amount of reading I have done, there isn't a standout weak point on the buggy like the famous crappy arms for the truggy.

I still say getting two TRF801x BUGGIES for $300 is the steal of the decade if you like 1/8 buggies. One for plenty of parts, one to run and run and run. I do have the upgraded diff rings on mine, but the only thing I have broken on mine has been a steering adjuster rod end in a good season of heavy high speed track use (where it is very competitive).

Apologies for being a loud mouth on this one. It is just a great deal and would fit the bill for the OP. The chances of someone blowing through all spare parts in two kits would be the lifecycle of any other brand buggy that would be discontinued and obsolete in the same amount of time anyway. The only difference is, you wouldn't have needed to buy a single replacement or spare part during that time making it even more of a bargain.

I don't work for Tamiya I just like their stuff and the 'different' factor and of course the quality and design. Something always feels really good about owning and driving a TRF car as well.
But going this route, the OP will still not achieve his goal of keeping everything under $400 with at least another $300 to spend on an engine, pipe, servos, tyres and then maybe radio gear. Hence why people are recommending RTR's or used built rollers.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Check with Imbue Motorsports on the Radiosistemi RR8. I've been through JQ, Mugen, Kyosho, Hot Bodies.
The RR8 is my favourite. Built like a tank, quality as you can expect from a kit Made In Italy. Easy to set, Stable, durable.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wombat
But going this route, the OP will still not achieve his goal of keeping everything under $400 with at least another $300 to spend on an engine, pipe, servos, tyres and then maybe radio gear. Hence why people are recommending RTR's or used built rollers.
I should have read all of the OPs criteria too For $400 RTR for an 1/8 scale buggy you are going to get a rolling turd! You would be better off not skimping on the kit, and take your time and shop the for sale section here and get your running gear second hand. Down the road you can upgrade running gear, but you can't ever upgrade the kit. There is a lot of folks converting to electric, nitro motors in new condition should be plentiful.
Old 07-25-2014, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bksrt
I was also looking at the Hyper SS but im hearing parts are hard to get (im in Canada) Is there any truth to this?
Anyone?