Wiki Posts
Search

people that leave the Kyosho Mp9 and are happy with there new ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by latemodel13
It's a lot easier to blame the car for being weak than to blame bad driving when your car breaks a front arm. I run the Mugen and every arm I have broke has been 100 % my fault.
Come on... I drove a Mugen for a year and I dumped it because too many broken arms. Landing on a pipe off a med sized jump should not cause an arm to break. One race day at Thunder Alley in SoCal 3 front and 1 rear arm same spot every time. So don't land on the pipe, is what most say. But still it shouldn't break that easily. The car drove great but if you don't finish, well...
Old 07-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

You broke more arms in one day than I have seen break in over 3yrs.
Old 07-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Reilly
You broke more arms in one day than I have seen break in over 3yrs.
Try and remember that not everybody has driving skills like you and I. In the one summer season of 1/8 buggy driving the mbx6 I broke 2 lower front right arms and 3 left front upper arms. Granted, 2 of them times were guys hitting me, but still depending on the batch of kits, mugen arm are on the fragile side of the game compared to other kits.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Try and remember that not everybody has driving skills like you and I. In the one summer season of 1/8 buggy driving the mbx6 I broke 2 lower front right arms and 3 left front upper arms. Granted, 2 of them times were guys hitting me, but still depending on the batch of kits, mugen arm are on the fragile side of the game compared to other kits.
All in all, who cares? In 1/8 scale buggy you dont neef to be worried of braking an arm, mugen and kyosho need to up their game in that regard. "Driver fault" is nothing but a lame excuse
Old 07-05-2014, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I agree with previous assertions that everyone's taste in buggies are different and that is there really is not a "best buggy". However, I do not understand why it is always important to compare or justify the price of a Kyosho or why you should switch from Kyosho to something else. It's like trying to justify why you should buy a Honda instead of a Porsche. Both have their strengths. I know that is not the general theme of this thread but, if you think about it, folks who have Kyosho's do not have threads about why regretting/pondering what it was like to drive something else. They do complain about other things though. Lol!

This only helps to strengthen the mystique of the Mp9 and drives more folks to buy it I have owned Losi, Mp9,Associated etc. and have taken last with all of them I like to try new stuff but I know I like to go to the track and see what everyone has to provide insight. Fast is fast
Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
I will admit I don't crash much but I never want to come across as a know it all or some superstar. I'm just a guy that has a r/c racing hobby. I by no means was trying to be little anyone. Just stating what I have seen over the years. I have seen cars break and would say that was hardly severe enough to break it. Maybe we have just been lucky.
Old 07-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'm currently in process of changing from hb to an X-ray xb8. Hb parts supply is ridiculous you'll go to look for a simple part and can't find it being sold everywhere. The blue and yellow springs have been sold out for months they can't get enough to most hobby shops to fill back orders
Old 07-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evolution03
I'm currently in process of changing from hb to an X-ray xb8. Hb parts supply is ridiculous you'll go to look for a simple part and can't find it being sold everywhere. The blue and yellow springs have been sold out for months they can't get enough to most hobby shops to fill back orders
I think that is the main reason folks switch, parts support. That was one of the reasons I switch aside from wanting that "new thing". I know I go wallet crazy when I see that next new buggy on the track
Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I just sold my MBX7 to go back to the TKI3.

The Mugen was a tank, and I rarely ever broke anything (yes, I crashed plenty). One front arm in about 5 gallons, and the wreck would've broken any brands front arm. The drivetrain wear on the mugen was excellent as well, compared to other brands. However......

To me, nothing handles like the k-car from track to track. Yes, it's very fragile compared to most brands (my previous TKI3 broke way more than any other buggy I have ever owned), and it wears quicker than most, too. BUT....(and this is the reason I am going back) it handles the widest variety of track surfaces with the least amount of adjustment. Not that I don't like tuning, because I love it. But if you miss the setup some for the main, it's still gonna be dang good, and prolly good enough to win if you you can wheel it.

Just my thoughts....
Old 07-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING

The Mugen was a tank, and I rarely ever broke anything (yes, I crashed plenty). One front arm in about 5 gallons, and the wreck would've broken any brands front arm. The drivetrain wear on the mugen was excellent as well, compared to other brands. However......

To me, nothing handles like the k-car from track to track. Yes, it's very fragile compared to most brands (my previous TKI3 broke way more than any other buggy I have ever owned), and it wears quicker than most, too. BUT....(and this is the reason I am going back) it handles the widest variety of track surfaces with the least amount of adjustment. Not that I don't like tuning, because I love it. But if you miss the setup some for the main, it's still gonna be dang good, and prolly good enough to win if you you can wheel it.

Just my thoughts....
you stole my deal LMAO
Old 07-10-2014, 08:20 AM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RockStar_199
you stole my deal LMAO
Lol...yeah, I wasn't aware of that at the time. Sorry.

I had to pay more for it than I wanted though. I would say more than it's prolly worth in today's market. But....sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING

Just my thoughts....
I agree with your TKI3 description. Handled well at a lot of tracks. Why can't they offer a different plastic?... Even as an option. The one year my nitro challenge main lasted 4 seconds because I was hit off the horn. Broken arm. I saw Kanai take a light tumble at silver state this year and broke a tie rod end. Which I did once or twice the 1.5 years I ran the tki3
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Can't you just boil the plastics?
Old 07-10-2014, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ThePanda
Can't you just boil the plastics?
Yeah,all of us running kyosho boiled our stuff and we possibly had a bit better luck. There are other vehicles which don't really fall into the 'well any crash would have broken that arm' category. So I tried some other brands.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Skill level has little to do with it. I drive way over my head in practice trying to find a line or big air that noone else is trying. That's what practice is for.

I'm not a bad driver. But will gamble in practice or in Q's if I've already had a clean run.

A durable car helps as much as luck.

I destroyed a brand new $160 body at Powerjam. 2 races. (only one missile mode event)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.