Search

Xray XB8'14T Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 02:11 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Xray XB8'14T Truggy

Dont get too excited. Xray haven't released a new truggy. Instead I've created a conversion kit to turn your XT9 into an XB8 buggy based truggy.

The TIXrd XB8’14T conversion chassis has focused on the ultimate goal, making a truggy that’s more than an up scaled buggy. Better steering, jumping, handling and stability. Using the new PBS front end from the XB8 buggy has really unlocked the potential of the Xray Truggy. Coupled with the multi-flex double rear brace, short rear arms and weight pushed right forward, the truggy is a weapon into, through and out of corners.

For full details on the conversion check out the full write up at TIX Race Developments

The conversion kit includes the chassis, front tower and upper rear plate, arm extenders and lower arm shims

The conversion is aimed at those who have a spare parts xb8 buggy as it requires a lot of parts from the buggy to complete.
For a full list of parts see the TIXrd page here
Old 06-22-2014, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

This truggy is well worth having a think about.

The improvements tix has made with the pivot ball system taken from the buggy and the chassis he makes are awesome.

To put it simply it just feels like a bigger buggy. The thing turns on a dime, but its not loose or taily its stable and controllable.

Its definitely a big improvement not just over the old xray truggy its an improvement and a massive step forward for all truggys.

keep up the good work
Old 06-22-2014, 04:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I noticed Dragan flogged everyone today at lrrcc with one of your XB8T's
Old 06-22-2014, 04:23 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Yer. Even on bald tires! He forgot his truggy tires and had to use the same set all day.

He loves it. I'm worried I may not get it back
Old 06-22-2014, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I was able to get my XB8 '14T together last week and get it on the track this past weekend. Let me say, the XT9 is a killer truck. Quality is phenomenal and performance is very solid. Once you add TIX's kit to the mix, everything gets turned up a notch.

I built my truck up from a spare, used XT8 and a new XB8 kit. While not the cheapest, you get what you pay for. In this case, you get a kit with Xray quality that nearly falls together by itself. The plus side of using a new XB8 kit is all of the spare parts you get if you are also racing an XB8 in the buggy class. I now have a full set of diffs, arms, shocks, chassis, wing mount, towers, and tons of hardware. If you don't run an XB8, you can sell all of these items on Ebay and get back a ton of money!

Finally, performance. Anyone who has driven an XB8 '14 has come to love many of the car's traits. From the first lap with the '14T kit, nearly all of those traits from the XB8 '14 are now plugged into the truck. It is nimble, it has amazing corner speed, it has TONS more tunability, and it is as solid as any other Xray kit out there. From the first few tank I knew straight away that I was already up to speed. I let a few others wheel the truck and they echoed the same comments. I am very, very, impressed with the kit and I feel that with a bit more time, it will only get better!

My Starting setup for 85F-95F - http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...setup=xb8_2014

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Would be good to see one of the team xray guys get a hold of this weapon and see what they can do with it as its just an enlarged XB8 buggy in truggy form, handles like a buggy, sets up like a buggy and drives on a track like a buggy.
Old 06-30-2014, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savagesam
Would be good to see one of the team xray guys get a hold of this weapon and see what they can do with it as its just an enlarged XB8 buggy in truggy form, handles like a buggy, sets up like a buggy and drives on a track like a buggy.
Guaranteed up to speed with those front arms
Old 06-30-2014, 04:34 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Can't wait for the S-workz arms. They'll be heaps better. Designed ready for carbon plates and all
Old 01-15-2015, 07:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Truggy

Good day do you still have the truggy for sale
Old 01-16-2015, 01:56 AM
TIX
Tech Master

Yes
Old 01-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

they will make e-truggy next ? i love that body looking good it
Old 01-16-2015, 07:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Tix this truck looks very nice.
How are the s works arms holding up??
Old 02-11-2015, 08:02 AM
Tech Lord

I just finished building one of these and I am very impressed. It went together without any issues, the manual was unbelievable, the support from the mastermind was unbelievable. The quality of the materials provided exceeds the high standard that xray holds. My hats off to you Tix. Thank you for bringing the xray truck into the new era. I can't wait to see what it will do on the track. Anyone that wants to check it out please stop by the redrock pit area at the Nitro Challenge. Next stop DNC!!!
Old 02-11-2015, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

Don't forget to show it to Mr. Hudy. :-)

If we'd still run Truggy over here I'd get one in a heartbeat.
Old 02-16-2015, 03:48 PM
Tech Lord

Finally got a little track time today. It's on a 1/5 track but this truck feels very good. It reminded me of the video above. On power steering is amazing, the way it corrects when it lands out of shape is unreal. I stated with the 'starting setup' and I was very impressed. It built very easily and went together without any undisclosed modding or shaving this/ cutting that. It will be very interesting to drive it on qual day at DNC.
Nice work TIX.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.