Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Get ready for $50 club racing.
How is that the case?
Old 05-20-2014, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nv529
How is that the case?
Asking tracks to spend MORE money to get less dust, cost money.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Get ready for $50 club racing.

Doubtfull . I got $20 the first day it was used the track dint even need water grated it was not a really hot day or really windy . Ethier way the stuff should save on how much you water the track on race day .
Old 05-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Asking tracks to spend MORE money to get less dust, cost money.
if one 100 dollar jug treats 45000 gallons of water, that one jug would last 2 years on a off road RC track. really doubt 1 jug of treatment is going to make club racing 50 dollars. if thats the case only 2 entries will pay for the treatment.....my concern is tire wear, forcing club racers to buy new tires every race, lost racers due to the dust, etc...
Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by monty c
if one 100 dollar jug treats 45000 gallons of water, that one jug would last 2 years on a off road RC track. really doubt 1 jug of treatment is going to make club racing 50 dollars. if thats the case only 2 entries will pay for the treatment.....my concern is tire wear, forcing club racers to buy new tires every race, lost racers due to the dust, etc...

I really did not notice any more tire wear . If you put it on a mixed clay track than maybe .
Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

So this drys on the track and bonds it together?????
Anyone have a pic of the track surface with this applied?
Old 05-21-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

If you don't get my point - then you don't get it. Bottom line - all this extra crap we racers are asking tracks to buy in order to please the racers - they will be forced to raise racing prices. You will still need to water. I just dont think this makes any sense for toy cars.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

If you don't get my point - then you don't get it. Bottom line - all this extra crap we racers are asking tracks to buy in order to please the racers - they will be forced to raise racing prices. You will still need to water. I just dont think this makes any sense for toy cars.
If the product reduces dust and the mount of water needed throughout the day without increasing tire wear I don't see how tracks operators or racers will be against it. I don't know want type of soil you race on, but at most upper-midwest/eastcoast tracks dust is a huge problem.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not toys.....
Old 05-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i have the track moist and i only used 8 ozs per 1000 gallons .Really dont think its to much to ask to spend some money to control dust. it just makes everyone happier and thats a good thing as far as im concerned.
Old 05-21-2014, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TIX
we tried a similar product on our track.

They are a polymer agent that glue the smaller particles together in turn reducing the dust.

There's a few things you need to get right.

It has to be mixed into the tank really well for it to spread properly.
If you leave it in the tank it will separate and form a film on top of the water.
It will work best if you rotary hoe the surface breaking up the big clumps, spray it in and then roll the track.
Its reactivated by water. So dont use it during the race day, use clean water instead as re applying it will cause the trck to take a lot longer to dry before its raceable again.

Its broken down by sun light, so you have to keep doing it.
When you stop using it will be dustier and the surface will break up worse than before.

We dont use it anymore. We weren't using it surpress dust. We were using it to keep the surface together. When we stopped the soils natural ability to bind together was gone and the track fell apart. It took a few months for the soil to build up its binding ability again.
When using it the track became very greasy to race on during the night and wouldn't dry at all making for a muddy nights racing.
Seems like folks just glanced right over this post......

I'd be more concerned with these issues. We regularly have races go into the night in this region. If a grooved track turns to snot when the sun goes down, that's no good at all.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by nv529
If the product reduces dust and the mount of water needed throughout the day without increasing tire wear I don't see how tracks operators or racers will be against it. I don't know want type of soil you race on, but at most upper-midwest/eastcoast tracks dust is a huge problem.

Most of the northeast in PA tracks the ones I been to are hard packed with clay/soil or fine dirt . Oh yea if you did not add anything to the dirt other than water when it's hot outside it will get pretty dry and dusty .
Old 05-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Trust me it does make sense than getting lots of dust everywhere in some states tracks that use dirt other than pure clay . Water wise needed for a track is cut down for sure . Keeps the track together better also with some grip added just enough .
Old 05-21-2014, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stubbs
Seems like folks just glanced right over this post......

I'd be more concerned with these issues. We regularly have races go into the night in this region. If a grooved track turns to snot when the sun goes down, that's no good at all.
I didn't overlook his reply. I appreciate what he has shared with us so far, but he did say it was a unnamed "similar product", not track moist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.